UKC Forums Pages (26): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Show all 648 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=56)
-- Estep's Big Game and Coon Hounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928311470)

Posted by Bestep on 05-16-2014 11:00 PM:

Estep's Big Game and Coon Hounds

If all goes well, I should have pups at the end of May. They will be double up on Andersons Blue Jake and Smokey River Tramp.

Posted by Bestep on 05-18-2014 12:18 PM:

purgatoryblue

Sorry, I know nothing about a Big Game Event at Tri- Co. What are they having at the event? are you talking about the Tri- Co. club at Clifton Forge.

Posted by Bestep on 05-19-2014 11:06 AM:

Purgatoryblue, If you decide to have your female bred, let me know and I will help you any way that I can. How is your female bred?

Posted by Bestep on 05-20-2014 11:08 AM:

purgatoryblue

If something happens that you don't get to bred your friends gyp let me know. What's your old smokey river male ped. look like.I like the smokey river bred hounds also,they seem to cross with the sparkey blood really well. If you would pm me your phone# and I'll give you a call sometime. Thanks and take care.

Posted by Bestep on 05-21-2014 11:21 AM:

purgatoryblue

If you are interested you are welcome to to come on down and take a hunt with my son and I. In training season we normally tree a few close to the road. You're male sounds like he is bred up right. I would like to know more about the the Buzz Anderson bloodline. I have a female here that is suppose to have some of the Buzz Anderson blood her 3 gen. ped is on page 9 on this post. Thinking about purchasing a 7 gen. ped to get a better idea about the hounds in her ped. Call me sometime. 540-833-6325.

Posted by Bestep on 05-22-2014 11:50 PM:

purgatoryblue

I looked under UKC big game classifieds and could not find anything about the event at Tri- Co, was it advertised under UKC big game classifieds.

Posted by Bestep on 05-23-2014 11:28 AM:

purgatoryblue

Thanks I found it, wish they would give a little more information about the event.

Posted by Bestep on 05-24-2014 06:23 PM:

Chloe treed on a big pine,someone for got to tell mister coon that this pine was dead. He had no place to hide.

Posted by Bestep on 05-25-2014 11:02 PM:

Pic of Sat. nights hunt. Chloe and June treed.

Posted by purgatoryblue on 05-26-2014 12:07 AM:

Great pictures-Beautiful Hounds

I haven't found a phone # for Garry E. Dalton. I will mail a letter tomorrow using an old address I found in an old Bluetick yearbook. I hope he gets it and responds. Garry has a vast knowledge of the Blue River Boomer bloodlines. He has owned Blueticks as good as they get. There have been a lot of good hounds from his bloodlines. I was lucky to own one of them. I've been looking constantly ever since.

Posted by Bestep on 05-26-2014 06:12 PM:

purgatoryblue

Thanks very much for trying to get a hold of Gary. I'am also looking at some leads to see what I can find. Thanks again.

Posted by Bestep on 05-27-2014 11:59 PM:

Pics of our 2 females treed on a coon last night.

Posted by Bestep on 05-30-2014 07:33 AM:

btt

Posted by purgatoryblue on 05-31-2014 07:52 PM:

Events are posted

Check the Big Game Hunting site. I enjoyed the latest pictures,keep'em coming.

Posted by Bestep on 06-01-2014 09:49 PM:

Big Game Event

Purgatoryblue, I found the web site. I may not make it there on Sat. unless something changes. I'll let you know later in the week. Thanks

Posted by purgatoryblue on 06-04-2014 02:56 AM:

Duty Calls

My friend is bringing his gyp to be bred early Saturday morning. This the only day he can come and he wants to breed her in the morning and again in the early evening. So, I'll not be at the Big Game Event. Maybe if all goes well and Chloe has pups,I'll get to meet you and your son then.

Posted by Bestep on 06-05-2014 10:56 AM:

purgatoryblue

In about 7 weeks I'll be going to Wytheville, Va. How far are you from Wytheville?

Posted by purgatoryblue on 06-05-2014 03:35 PM:

Wytheville is 1 hr. south

Pilot is located about half way between Christiansburg and Floyd on Rt.615 . I live 20 min. from Christiansburg. One of the most interesting bearhunters that you could ever meet,lives north of Wytheville in the town of Bland. His name is Eddie Hoge. He's the one of the toughest men that I've been in the woods with. If you know a bearhunter in Wytheville he may be able to arrange a visit with Eddie. Bland is just over the mtn. from Wytheville.

Posted by Bestep on 06-07-2014 02:31 AM:

purgatoryblue

I don't know of any bear hunters in or around Wytheville. I will be headed that way to deliver a few pups.

Posted by purgatoryblue on 06-07-2014 10:11 PM:

New pups?

These must be out of the real fast Smokey River gyp of yours. A bearhunter in WVa. hunts S.R. bred hounds too. He has a litter due anytime now. His hounds are bred a lot like yours. He goes by "bubearchaser" on this site. Now,I'm going to cry a little,the man brought his gyp to breed this morning,but she was on the way out and we didn't get her bred. He waited too late or he miscounted the days. I've seen this happen a lot. It was too late to go to the bear event by the time he left. I hope they had a good turnout. We need to support as many hunt clubs as we can. Bearhunters had great influence with Va. Game Dept. to get bears stocked in this end of the state.

Posted by Bestep on 06-08-2014 12:04 PM:

purgatoryblue

These pups are smokey river bred, they will be doubled up on Andersons Blue Jake and Smokey River Tramp. They are 2 weeks old today. Should make some good ones.

Posted by Bestep on 06-13-2014 10:58 AM:

Took Chloe the other night made one drop and treed one.Called it a night and went home.

Posted by Bestep on 06-22-2014 04:52 PM:

Tried to get a pic of the pups , they are 4 weeks old today. I'll try to get a better pic of them.

Posted by purgatoryblue on 06-24-2014 02:11 AM:

Good looking pups !

The hunters that get these pups will be pleased I'm sure.

Posted by Bestep on 06-25-2014 09:29 PM:

purgatoryblue

I can't wait till I can start hunting them to see how they do. I believe they are going to be some good ones.