UKC Forums Pages (26): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 »
Show all 648 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=56)
-- Estep's Big Game and Coon Hounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928311470)

Posted by Bestep on 08-18-2018 03:34 PM:

Bear training season

We have been treeing a few and got out ran on a few. Tom is getting the hounds in shape. here is a pic. of a nice bear we treed.

Posted by Bestep on 08-27-2018 11:19 AM:

Pic. of a bear and a young hound that has been doing a great job this year.

Posted by purgatoryblue on 08-27-2018 06:42 PM:

Sam on the tree:

Hello Bob and Tom, Sam is looking good I see. I got a neice of his from John Johnson and I really like her so far. At the end of this coming season I'll know if she's a keeper or not. Keep'em in the woods and we'll talk later.

Posted by Bestep on 09-06-2018 11:21 AM:

Pic. of a nice bear the hounds treed.

Posted by Bestep on 09-15-2018 02:41 PM:

Pic. of bear and hounds.

Posted by Bestep on 10-13-2018 10:43 AM:

pups

A friend of mine brought his female her to bred to Diesel, she is heavy Jet and smokey river breed, and she is a bear dog. Lots of track speed and a real good nose. She is due the end of month. I will post her ped. later on she is out of Grnite leon's darkside htx and Grnite Grch Johnson's blue ann.

Posted by Bestep on 10-20-2018 10:51 AM:

Some more pics of hounds and bear.

Posted by Bestep on 10-20-2018 10:55 AM:

Diesel treed this bear alone.

Posted by Bestep on 10-26-2018 07:34 PM:

Pic. of bear and hounds.

Posted by Bestep on 11-20-2018 11:34 AM:

pups

My friends female has had her pups, they are 3 weeks old. Most of them are all blue. If interested let me know.

Posted by Bestep on 12-15-2018 12:40 PM:

all blue pups

My friend has 2 females and 1male all blue pups. he said he would let one of them go if someone is interested. These should make some real good big game hounds . His # is 540-820-4276.

Posted by Bestep on 12-25-2018 03:29 PM:

Most of the bear has left the area we hunt due to the lack of mast, but we are finding a few to run.

Posted by Bestep on 01-06-2019 12:18 PM:

Pics. of bear and hounds.

Posted by purgatoryblue on 02-01-2019 06:07 PM:

Great Pictures:

Hello Bob & Tom, I really enjoy looking at the bear and hounds. Keep'em coming.

Posted by Bestep on 04-14-2019 08:32 PM:

BTT

Posted by emcgee on 04-17-2019 03:52 AM:

Bear event

Bobby, Chris wanted me to post some pictures from the bear event in Orange County, Va last weekend. He went with Brandon Lee and the dogs did great! Bristol (Diesel x Shine) won the bear treeing contest with over 20 dogs entered. Django our 14 month old off Bristol and Buddy just missed the overall win in the bear field trial. Hes making a really nice bear dog. Has a big mouth and can really rig. Chris said he reminds him a lot of Diesel. I dont know how to get the pictures to show up here so you will just have to use the link. Brandon's dogs did great too and his male won the water race. Chris said both their dogs stood out even the plott guys were impressed haha.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16520...2/shares/5Q3E22

Posted by Bestep on 04-19-2019 04:54 PM:

Blueticks

Erin, the hounds look Great. You and Chris put a lot of time in your hounds and it shows. We still have Diesel her and he is still treeing bear for us. He has treed a few this year by his self. He will be 9 years old this August, I would like to bred a couple good females to him before he is gone. If you and Chris get out this way give me a shout and maybe we can get together and talk hounds. Erin, thanks for keeping me posted on your hounds and congrats. on your wins.

Posted by Bestep on 05-18-2019 09:53 AM:

Sam

Sam is a nice young hound that is doing a great job on bear. His sire and dam are truck to tree bear hounds.I would like to bred him to some females to see what kind of pups he would throw, knowing the back ground of the hounds behind him I would say he would throw some real nice bear hounds.

Posted by emcgee on 06-13-2019 06:12 PM:

Sam

Bobby who is Sam off of ?

Posted by Bestep on 06-18-2019 09:32 PM:

Sam

Emcgee I'am sorry I didnt answer sooner. Sam is out of Jenny and Jesse's Kermit, Kermit is Smokey River bred. When I seen Kermit I thought I was Looking at my old Diesel . Kermit is a Bear dog, plenty of grit and great track speed. If you and Chris get a chance stop by and say hello and you can take a look at Sam. Sam ran out front of the bear chases we had. He is going to make a great hound.

Posted by Bestep on 07-21-2019 11:43 AM:

BTT

Posted by Bestep on 10-03-2019 01:06 AM:

Tom has been hunting the hounds some when the weather isnt to hot. He has treed a few and got out ran a few, not many bear in the area. Maybe things will get better later on?

Posted by emcgee on 12-08-2019 04:06 PM:

Bear season

How is your bear season going? Chris and I hunted Virginia yesterday. Bristol started the bear track and we packed in on it and treed about a 140 pounder. Let him go. Bristol has turned into a really nice female with a lot of stick. Would like to get one more litter off her.

Posted by Bestep on 12-13-2019 11:48 AM:

Emcgee

We have treed a few and have had some very long chases. The hounds have been doing very good, very proud of our young hounds. If you are talking about the Bristol that Brad crossed with Diesel we have had several people call us to say they started early and really liked them. If you want to make that cross again you are welcome. If you guys have Bristol and plan on keeping her I have her papers here if you want them. Let me know if you make that cross because I have several people who wants pups. Thanks tell Chris I said hello.

Posted by tim hawk on 12-14-2019 04:51 PM:

I like the looks of those dark faced dogs! Do they all turn out dark like that ,looking for some bear hounds now.