UKC Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Toc/money Hunt (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928555413)

Posted by Dave Richards on 04-17-2024 04:53 PM:

Toc/money Hunt

Now that there is big money in UKC TOC Hunt you can see how the PKC dogs/Handlers are really like. The top 2 dogs in this year's TOC are mostly PKC Hounds/Handlers. This proves all the naysayers wrong about PKC hounds winning on minus or no points. Sure some hunts have these type of winners, but the big hunts prove you have to have plus points to win. You will see more of the PKC Dogs/Handlers winning the TOC. The dogs and handlers in PKC are the real deal at that level of competition. Congratulations to the top 3 dogs and handler in this year's TOC, they are all winners in my book. Dave

Posted by shadinc on 04-18-2024 01:35 AM:

I don't know what kind of person would out $3500 hoping to win with minus points.

Posted by jimcoffin on 04-18-2024 02:20 AM:

Good post Dave, it takes a coondog to win a major event in any format where you have to win that many casts!

Posted by Dave Richards on 04-18-2024 02:21 AM:

Hunt

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I don't know what kind of person would out $3500 hoping to win with minus points.

Exactly, There have been many questioning the PKC Hunts with that being the common complaint winning with minus or no points. Those questioning this must not ever hunted in a big hunt. You definitely will not win with minus or no points in these big hunts. Local PKC Hunts are a different story. We were warned that the PKC crowd dogs and handlers would show up at the big money TOC Hunt and boy they did. I expect more of the same in the years to come, as big money will definitely draw the top dogs and top handlers. Dave

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-18-2024 10:35 PM:

Dave, I remember those conversations.

Posted by Dave Richards on 04-19-2024 10:05 PM:

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Dave, I remember those conversations.

Bruce, I dare say that those conversations are a thing of the past. MONEY draws the best dogs and the beat handlers. The big boys play to win. Lol. Dave

Posted by last chance on 04-19-2024 11:38 PM:

Wasn't there a World Champion that didn't have plus points?

Posted by Dave Richards on 04-20-2024 12:31 AM:

Hunt

quote:
Originally posted by last chance
Wasn't there a World Champion that didn't have plus points?

I do not know, but if there was, you can bet that there were plenty of plus point leading up to the final cast. PKC is set up differently so they have a cast winner every time. They do not have sudden death like UKC does in their World Hunt. I like PKC setup best as you always have a cast winner. Just do not think you are going to win much in PKC if you do not get plus points. The dogs hunting in the bigger money hunts are the real deal. Remember anyone can and does have a dead cast from time to time, but to win consistently you better have plus points. Different measuring sticks based on a dead cast winner won't get you very far in a bigger hunt. Any set of Rules is fair to all that enter as they are all playing by the same Rules. Some have the misconception that it is easier to win in PKC, I say go see for yourself if you think that's right. Dave