Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member
I have been working Mikey with a beagle both on slip and loose. Mikey picked up on how to work with the Beagle in about one half hour. Mikey likes working with Boone the Beagle and they are becoming quite the pair. I will sell the pair for $2000.
Boone is a squal mouthed dog that opens medium and is nearly straight on rabbits but will work and flush pheasants and grouse now and then. Boone is close hunting and ranges around 100 yards at most when not on track and he is a busy dog but you can call him in when you want to leave unless he's running a rabbit. Of course all you'll have to do is cut Mikey into the race and it'll be over.
Mikey can trail and wind into rabbits in cover, in the open or mark holes. Mikey can run track all by himself when it's jumped but I find that if I hold him on slip and wait at an opening, he'll catch more working together with Boone.
This is a rare combination and it's likely to not come up again in a normal lifetime but here it is right now. Come and hunt with them and you'll see.
Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers
Last edited by Dan McDonough on 04-14-2015 at 07:59 PM
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
|