UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Naturals
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

My analysis of the scenarios…

The caged coon…pup1 is using the wind currents to find game…he also has some grit to him and it seems he will have what it takes to kill a coon once he is mature enough to handle one…he seems to be displaying natural talents…did not need any coaxing just set up the situation for the pups…
pup2 is not showing interest at this time but does not mean he will not be a good hunting dog one day…

The feeding squirrel under the oak tree…pup1 shows that he is not a follower…as soon as he smells squirrel he opens with excitement…hes moving fast and circling trying to locate and with his head up while circling…puts his nose down once or twice to verify but someday this pup will be running a track with his head up…this pup will make a hunting dog and it is all natural inclination…he just needs to be taken to the woods…this pup will one day make it look easy striking what he is trained to hunt…I would show this pup a few coons before I hunted him…I would also start it with a solid coon dog…let the coon dog strike and turn the pup in…this way he can start with a good chance to be a solid coon dog sooner than later…because once he knows the game he will be a pleasure to hunt…
NATURAL HUNTING DOG…I believe was a pup born with the right set up in the brain…

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-10-2024 09:30 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

But Mr Reuben--

You know that some idiot will take this # 1 pup with all his God given natural ability and screw him up by trying to make him "independent".

Old Post 09-10-2024 09:57 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I'll stick with natural any day…just a solid hunting dog that can get it done…

Old Post 09-10-2024 10:38 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote