steve bankston
UKC Forum Member
Woodrow
I hunted Bo in a cast that Woodrow was in about 4 or maybe 5 years ago in Iowa. Woodrow is a coon treeing machine, that night for sure. I think we treed 5 coons that night and Bo split to himself and had a coon and the other 3 were a couple hundred yards away treed and I was thinking this Coon would put Bo tied or just ahead of Woodrow if their Coon couldn’t be found but he was and Woodrow had first tree on it so he maintained the lead on Bo. Bo got a first tree on him once but we had to circle that tree, big viny tree and couldn’t get him to look. At the end of the hunt Bo and another hound was out in a picked soybean field trying to straighten out a track and Woodrow got into the small block of woods and locked it down, had the Coon. He definitely shined that night and won King of Hunt. Bo couldn’t get the strike on him, don’t know if he was a little to wound up that night or because Coon were moving good and he just had that much better of a nose than the other 3 hounds and was winding them as soon as he was unsnapped every single time. He sure knows how to get them treed and don’t waste anytime doing it either. Very accurate. I was impressed for sure. Congrats on getting silver champ and Drifter sounds like a super super nice up and coming youngster, good luck with him I’m the future.
|