UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > English Bloodline questions.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jcampbell1104
UKC Forum Member

English Bloodline questions.

first of all i want to say i hunt hogs. mainly i use just mutts that i get from friends, etc. recently, a buddy of mine has turned me onto hunting with hounds so im looking into getting an english. i was wondering if anyone could tell me what a good bloodline would be to get for hogs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-02-2012 02:37 AM
jcampbell1104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jcampbell1104 Click here to Send jcampbell1104 a Private Message Click Here to Email jcampbell1104 Find more posts by jcampbell1104 Add jcampbell1104 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcampbell1104
UKC Forum Member

I found a line that the female is out of timber's cutter and Morgans screaming red. Idk what the dad is out of exactly. But would this be a good line for hog hunting?

Old Post 08-02-2012 12:03 PM
jcampbell1104 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jcampbell1104 Click here to Send jcampbell1104 a Private Message Click Here to Email jcampbell1104 Find more posts by jcampbell1104 Add jcampbell1104 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

Mr.Campbell,

Timber Cutter,if I'm not mistaken,was a full-littermate brother to Mr. Don Myers Prowler dog.Prowler,at one time,was at the top of the Producer's List.Don has pretty much quit hunting due to his health,but both hounds were hellacious coondogs in their own rite.From what I hear though,Mr.Leroy Penny has some good blood that does really well on big game such as bear,lion & bobcat.He'd be one of MY first picks if I were you.But,that is your decision.
Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 08-02-2012 08:33 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcampbell1104
UKC Forum Member

The sire to the pups I'm looking at is three rivers cotton. He's Supposedly a bear dog.

Old Post 08-02-2012 09:09 PM
LogDog
UKC Forum Member

Get you some old Bert Oney Racket oe Allegheny Racket. Hard to find but worth it. Gritty, cold nosed, track driving machines.

Old Post 08-03-2012 02:18 AM
LogDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LogDog Click here to Send LogDog a Private Message Find more posts by LogDog Add LogDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dsodshounds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LogDog
Get you some old Bert Oney Racket oe Allegheny Racket. Hard to find but worth it. Gritty, cold nosed, track driving machines.

Agreed times 10.

304-257-6079

http://s816.photobucket.com/albums/zz81/teambrushyridge/
brushyridgehounds.webs.com

Old Post 08-05-2012 08:34 PM
dsodshounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dsodshounds Click here to Send dsodshounds a Private Message Click Here to Email dsodshounds Visit dsodshounds's homepage! Find more posts by dsodshounds Add dsodshounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan Crump
UKC Forum Member

My dog out of Timber Cutter has plenty of GRIT and I would think any from that line would be good on bear or hogs.

Bluetick Hound
Liz (Davis Creek So Blue Slug x Watsons Smoky Mtn Blue Zip)

Gone but never forgotten
Briar (Andersons Screaming Blue Zues X Triple D All Grand Puddles)
Blue (Thunder St. Nick X Fosters Little Frosty)

Proudly use and sale
Nite Rider Hollow Lights

Old Post 08-14-2012 09:14 PM
Jonathan Crump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan Crump Click here to Send Jonathan Crump a Private Message Click Here to Email Jonathan Crump Find more posts by Jonathan Crump Add Jonathan Crump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcampbell1104
UKC Forum Member

I went ahead and got the pup. So far she seems to be a mean little heffer. I got two catahoula/red nose mix about the same age and she takes on both at once. Lol

Old Post 08-15-2012 03:48 AM