UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Wow things have changed in the coonhound world at least here
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Minero
UKC Forum Member

Wow things have changed in the coonhound world at least here

Hi all,

Well now that I changed the way I live an work, now I finally have time to get back with things in life I love and one is these great hounds.

I used to get in and get to know how things were in the breed, but now don´t see as much use of the forum.

I am looking at getting back with the hounds.
Hope still there is some nose power on the hounds, so any good input of witch line of hounds has good cold nose, tracking and grit are welcome.

I will be more into bobcat.

Thank you

Adrian

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-30-2021 02:19 AM
Minero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Minero Click here to Send Minero a Private Message Find more posts by Minero Add Minero to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigRiverlilCoon
UKC Forum Member

Good luck

I would try an avoid looking at the popular competition style of hounds that are so prevalent in the hound talk today. I don’t think they would be your best option for a good cat hound with nose and tracking ability being at the top. There are still some blues with these traits but what you hear about and what’s most popular will likely be a type of hound more suited for competition hunts then trailing tough to catch game.

Old Post 04-02-2021 06:20 PM
BigRiverlilCoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigRiverlilCoon Click here to Send BigRiverlilCoon a Private Message Click Here to Email BigRiverlilCoon Find more posts by BigRiverlilCoon Add BigRiverlilCoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigRiverlilCoon
UKC Forum Member

Subject

Didn’t really answer your question... let me know if I can help. Shoot me a message on here or 214-535-3471. Be glad to help you find something

Old Post 04-02-2021 06:23 PM
BigRiverlilCoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigRiverlilCoon Click here to Send BigRiverlilCoon a Private Message Click Here to Email BigRiverlilCoon Find more posts by BigRiverlilCoon Add BigRiverlilCoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Contact Gary Roberson on here. He’s in Texas, not sure which part of the state.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 04-02-2021 08:14 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Gary lives in menard texas and actually hunts bobcat and yes some of his dogs are out of some top competition bloodlines talk is cheap one thing the hasn't changed in the bluetick breed is ignorance and jealousy some of the best track dogs ever are out of competition type breeding and Gary can actually take you hunting with some not just talk and run everyone else down

Old Post 04-04-2021 02:22 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogs

quote:
Originally posted by wart
Gary lives in menard texas and actually hunts bobcat and yes some of his dogs are out of some top competition bloodlines talk is cheap one thing the hasn't changed in the bluetick breed is ignorance and jealousy some of the best track dogs ever are out of competition type breeding and Gary can actually take you hunting with some not just talk and run everyone else down

X2 hard facts

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 04-08-2021 10:01 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote