UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dogtra pathfinder2 opinions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SouthernPride
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra pathfinder2 opinions

I was thinking about buying the new pathfinder2. Would love to get some opinions good or bad. How do they compare to garmin? Thanks in advance.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-05-2024 03:01 AM
SouthernPride is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SouthernPride Click here to Send SouthernPride a Private Message Click Here to Email SouthernPride Find more posts by SouthernPride Add SouthernPride to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Purple12
UKC Forum Member

I’ve been running one since they first come out, I normally hunt with 2 other guy one runs the dogtra 1 the other runs the alpha 300i, I believe the dogtra 1 has the best maps dogtra 2 second best and I don’t like the maps on the garmin at all I’ve heard there’s a way to upgrade I don’t know, the dogtra 2 is simple to use range is comparable to the garmin, probably doesn’t have some of the features the garmin has we’ve tinkered with it some there’s a lot on there the average coon hunter would never use, same could be said with a iPhone if your on the fence get it I really like mine, I’d say only downside for me is you got 2 items to carry instead of one if your planning to travel light, but your probably gonna have your phone on ya anyway

Old Post 08-05-2024 05:29 AM
Purple12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Purple12 Click here to Send Purple12 a Private Message Click Here to Email Purple12 Find more posts by Purple12 Add Purple12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

The pathfinder 2 suits my needs just perfect. With dogtra they just keep getting better. Now with the maps you can see most of the public hunting areas and more stuff like that. And people say you pack more stuff than garmin, do you really? You pack your phone same as you would when using a Garmin. The biggest plus I have to dogtra is that there is no subscription fees or anything else to buy. You buy the system download the app and all good to go. Some people holler about phone signal. They are plenty of places I hunt here in eastern Kentucky that there is no cell signal. I just open my app up where I got signal zoom in and out on the spot I plan on hunting and it is all good. You can download offline maps also but I don’t. You are not limited either with having to by specific brand stuff to use on the system. You can run Apple or android. I run Apple and love using my Apple Watch. I can do it all with just my watch, shock, tone, vibrate, beacon lights, and track. Can you shock or any of that from a Garmin watch? If you are thinking of get a Pathfinder 2 system I have a promo code that will save 5% off any product over $200 at dogtra.com. The promo code is BLUTIK5

Last edited by J.R.__Ratliff on 08-05-2024 at 11:37 AM

Old Post 08-05-2024 11:20 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote