UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO's first cast

On Friday night BO drew out with a Walker and a Blue Gyp. The Blue Gyps owner was the judge. I won't get into everything about this cast except to say there were several trees made and circled or minus but BO hadn't made a tree yet until the last one. On last drop there was 28 minutes left in hunt, I took 3rd strike and they worked down a drain between 2 fields on bad track. Walker treed and left so got minus and they went on. At about 600yds as they were starting to open better on track it was announced that there was 4 minutes left in hunt. A minute or so later BO hit the tree and before he got done with first locate judge treed his dog. He located again and I treed him. Time ran out and we finished waiting the 5 and headed to them. All I EVER heard treeing were 2 dogs and I knew it was BO and the Walker but didn't say anything. The guy that owned the Walker was a slow walker and all night as we walked he got further behind and as judge went into this tree this was the case also. As judge and I crossed creek about 20yds from dogs his light hit the tree. BO and Walker were there treeing. His dog was OFF tree between us and tree just stranding there. Looking off into the woods AWAY from tree. JUDGE quickly went to her, hooked her up and led her toward tree and hooked her to a handy small tree. His dog never barked nor even looked at the tree. Stood there clueless to the fact it might be a coon above her head. Anyway Judge walked out to left and started shining tree. I HAD to holler out to him and ask if we could handle our dogs as by that time the slow walking guy had made it almost to tree Judge said yes so I hooked BO to a small tree and went out to corn to shine. Also I should mention that when Judge and I were 200 feet from tree as we were coming in that he told me he guess he treed her wrong because he didn't hear her treeing. So with this in mind I'm thinking that was the reason he hooked her up so fast and walked off. He was mad she wasn't on or at the tree treeing and was going to minus her as should be done. So that would mean BO won cast with 125 plus because Walker man never treed his dog. After few minutes of shining I found the coon and showed it to all the cast. As we walked to truck it became clear that judge had NO INTENTION of giving his dog minus. He said the reason she wasn't treeing was because she didn't like the Walker dog he guessed. I couldn't believe it and other cast member was questioned about what he thought and he said he didn't care. When pressed further he said he Thought if dog was under the umbrella of tree it was ok to plus them up. This is exactly how the only plus tree of the night went. So Judge won cast with 225 plus by pencil whipping BO. I also want to say, in case Judge reads this and has anything to say is CALL ME, don't trash my thread. I told him exactly how I felt the other night about his call not to minus his dog. My number is 225-445-7259. Needless to say I must have missed something in rule book on definition of treed hound. I should have expected the call on BO's locate as time was running out, dogs were close together and northing to loose but everything to gain when you tree your hound off another hounds locate and just hope when 5 is up all dogs will be treed when you go in and you win cast. Roll of the dice but not the way I CALL MY HOUND OR EVER WILL. SO BO and I came home to read the rulebook some more as its obvious I missed the part where it says a hound don't have to BARK TREED, SHOW YOU THE TREE, and CAN BE OFF THE TREE AS LONG AS ITS UNDER THE UMBRELLA. That's all I got to say. WE left Saturday morning as I felt I would have been a distraction at the Park if Judge came around and said wrong thing to me. When I get hot I cant turn my emotions on and off like a faucet and get madder as time goes on so we held our heads high and headed home. Met a lot of great guys and had a great time and thanks to all that complimented BO on his mouth and looks. Sorry Scott and Phil that I didn't make it by on Saturday to get a picture with BOCEPHUS, CREEK and BO. We will run into each other again and get it done. BO made 4 trees on our trip to Illinois and all 4 trees had coon in them. He was hunted by himself first night up there and made one tree with a coon, 2nd night hunted with MR. ED, his hound Bobbie and Rilley handling her. Nice hunt where we treed 2. Had a great time and thanks again for having us MR. Ed. I love traveling and meeting folks but there is no place like home and sure was glad when we pulled up at 7pm last night and those pups that were here waiting for my return sure sounded good welcoming us home. I brought a new one home with me that will be named Bankstons Briar Patch Happy and call him Briar. He is out of Echo 11 Again and Jeff Lovell's Dizzy Dot. Thanks Jeff for selling him to me, it was good meeting you. Beautiful pup and already showing me he has the smarts. I will give BO a couple nights off and hunt Bell by herself as I'm sure she is ready to get out of that pen. I sold Speck so he is no longer here. It will be good to get back in these thickets, where I keep score with a rifle, NOT a CROOKED PENCIL, Good Hunting!

Last edited by steve bankston on 10-05-2014 at 10:27 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2014 12:22 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

dint the walker guy say it was obvious that all were treed? he said you could hear all 3 but she got quiet. and he wanted you scratched when you went and handled bo which I thought you was making sure he wasn't on the road
didn't tell anyone to handle him didn't really care but I know today I will judge a cast instead of being a friend to all I try to be the fairest of fair!!! thankyou for the hunting enjoyed it and the hunting sucked for all of us,hope ours improves here soon take care and be safe
and remember I let the cast vote if it went the other way that was okay with me to and I told you that

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 10-05-2014 03:23 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BABBLING

WE parked on a blacktop road that had traffic coming from both ways before we could get away from the trucks. Against my better judgement to withdraw I went ahead and cut him. We were 700yads from road when that coyote came into the corn and got after BO and he left like a shot headed to the truck. I DON"T need any mans permission to handle my hound in an unsafe situation like that as he was headed to a road with traffic where you had us unsafely parked. AS a judge you had 2 choices, SCRATCH me for caring enough about my hound I wasn't going to let him get run over or call an emergency time out. But if you did that and the other hounds treed you couldn't score coon. So quit acting like you did me a favor, you were doing yourself one and I didn't have a problem with it. Your hound wasn't treeing or showing the tree that's why you ran in and hooked her up. I unsubscribed to your thread and I'm class not trash so I wont be over on yours babbling. You do the same or if you still need to say something I can meet you next Saturday morning. Say Memphis TN. ? That's about 5 hours drive for you and me. Southaven exit State Line Road?

Old Post 10-05-2014 03:42 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

first off sounds like u were lookin at ur garmin to see where ur dog was and if u know the rules u cant call time out by usin ur garmin so u should of withdrew and went home or been scratched and where in the rules does it say ur dog has to be treein when u get to tree one dog has to be jmo tho

Old Post 10-06-2014 08:10 AM
bluetick250 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetick250 Click here to Send bluetick250 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetick250 Find more posts by bluetick250 Add bluetick250 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

GARMIN

Bluetick250, Yes, we were ALL looking at our Garmins as the wind was blowing 20 plus mph and dogs were cut DOWN WIND. On bad track and hounds only opening here and there Garmins were used to keep hounds within hearing. Hounds were in corn trailing when coyote came in and started barking and yapping getting closer and closer. Other 2 hounds were further down the corn than BO and coyote got right on him and he hushed. After a couple minutes I looked at Garmin and he was 400yds and rolling like shot out of a cannon headed to truck half mile away and coyote wasn't yapping anymore so I knew he was on BO's tail. After having to park in a blacktop road that was busy with traffic, PERMISSION TO HANDLE OR NOT, SCRATCHED OR NOT I was running to get my hound and hoping when I got there it wasn't to late and regretting that I had even cut him loose. Judge said later he should have called an emergency time out but their dogs were trailing and I'm glad he didn't or if hounds would have treed coon instead of missing they wouldn't have got to score it. In my post above I said we went home because apparently I don't know the rules well enough to enter a hunt. This was my first in 20 years. I thought the use of Garmin was approved for a dogs safety but sure didn't know when you determined he was near a busy road that you got scratched.
On the hounds treed. Back when I hunted the hunts if your hound would come off the tree and meet you then you let the judge know that and it was ok AS LONG AS HE OR SHE WENT BACK AND SHOWED YOU THE TREE. Had NO IDEA that as long as one dog stayed treed it didn't matter what the rest were doing as the cast came into the tree as long as they were under the UMBRELLA of the tree. So looking away from tree, not barking, not looking up, taking naps, scratching their behind is all ok NOW as long as the COONHOUND stays treed? Seems things have changed a LOT since I last hunted a hunt. Also seems like if you have a ME TOO, TAG ALONG, OR HANG AROUND THE TREE type hound and your willing to tree them off another hounds locate for first tree that you will win a lot of hunts. If that is the case I'm sad to report I have CULLED many a fine coonhound under some folks definition of what a coonhound is. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 10-06-2014 03:10 PM
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

I was not there to see the tree deal but y get on here and talk s##t about a person on a cast it sounds like u got a big break by even getting to continue the hunt coyotes are a bad deal but so is what happened at the tree did the dog have his nose to the ground was it barkin off the tree these hunts are suppose to be fun and makes friends not go home and talk s##t on the internet I had a guy sat night not enter his dog cause he said I dry hole every one I scored 850 and get home to see him talk crap on the internet lets all act like adults

Old Post 10-06-2014 11:54 PM
bluetick250 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluetick250 Click here to Send bluetick250 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluetick250 Find more posts by bluetick250 Add bluetick250 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

TALK

bluetick250, I don't talk ----, I talk FACTS. I am an ADULT and I guarantee I'm NOT a sore looser and will shake an honest mans hand when I get beat every time. I didn't run home and jump on the internet to say what I'm saying I also said it face to face in the field. Hearing something or think you hear something at 200yds with wind blowing is one thing but SEEING IS BELIEVING and I was there and your right, YOU WEREN'T! Don't have to be a genius to figure out why entry numbers are down and keep getting less and less. Also don't have to be a genius to see why a lot of folks don't like hound hunters when you park out in a public blacktop taking up one lane and endangering the public safety, your safety, your trucks safety and your hounds. I am a very outspoken person and some folks might not like it but that's who I am but I tell it straight and if I step on some toes so be it. Every man is different and that's why people have difference of opinions and every one is entitled to their on opinion. Glad you shared yours!

Old Post 10-07-2014 12:17 AM
bluetick250
UKC Forum Member

ur right numbers are down but u did a scratchable offense whats honest about that

Old Post 10-07-2014 12:52 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

GOOD HUNTING

bluetick250, This is my last reply to you. I will say it one more time, if preventing my hound from getting ran over on a busy black top road is a scratchable offence then I should have been scratched. Nothing dishonest about saving your hounds life, only shows that your hearts in the right place and more concerned with hounds safety than getting a win. I have put this hunt in my rearview mirror and have NO further comment on it. Thanks to all the GOOD MEN across this country that called today or sent PM offering words of encouragement and understanding as many have been there.
Was taking Bell alone tonight but MR. B H Patterson called and I invited him over for a couple drops. I took Bell and he brought MAX and a young hound that hasn't been to the woods yet. Max got after one pretty quick and got treed and Bell treed with him. Went in and popped him down to them and messed with pup some. Cut them again and they treed on big white oak but no coon found. Cut them up Black Branch one more time and Bell came treed at about 100yds. Max treed with her but not that hard, don't think he was convinced he was there. Big tupelo gum but no coon found. Bell does better after hunted a few nights straight but shes been laid up and was tree happy tonight. Leaves get off the trees where I can be for sure she missed and she will get corrected and sent on. Big bright moon tonight but still had a Good Hunt!

Old Post 10-07-2014 04:00 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

There are good and bad. Some times it's a little hard to take but I have met a lot of good people over the years. Some win at all cost and that's why you see them in the winner's circle alot. Some also just have a good dog. I believe in the end you will be better off to do it right and enjoy a good dog. Sorry you had a bad hunt. Steve good luck at your next hunt. No comment on the hunt as I was not there. Good luck. Dave

Old Post 10-07-2014 03:56 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTS

THANKS DAVE. Yep its water under the bridge now. Looking forward to a hunt on 18th of this month and Mississippi State Championship at end of month. Bell sure was glad to hit the woods last night. Also saw on your thread that LOU picked a bad time to come in, sure hate to hear that as I know you and others were looking forward to that cross. Take Care and Good Hunting.

Old Post 10-07-2014 10:20 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BELL and MAX

MR. B H came back tonight and we road back over to Black Branch Swamp. Took a bucket feeder and some dog food. Getting it set up to start Rain on some hot tracks. We cut Bell and Max lose and Bell went slightly right and Max slightly left. He struck at 235yds and Bell got with him right after he hit the tree. Went in and looked at that one, young coon. Petted them up and loaded back up on 4-wheeler and road down swamp a little further and cut them again. Max struck first again and moved out good but Bell got the tree on him. They sure sounded good under that big, bright moon. They were out in a boggy area of the swamp with bushes with red berries on them and treed up a medium size water oak. Coon was Big and looked at me good as I came in and loved the hounds up some and came on out. We called it a night early as I have to roll to work at 4am in the morning. Good Hunt under the full moon that will be a blood moon in the morning.

Old Post 10-08-2014 03:26 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Good Hunt

Sounds like a good hunt. I don't know if I will breed Lou or not Steve. Chad,Myself,and a lot of hunters were interested in this cross. Dave

Old Post 10-08-2014 12:55 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BRIAR PATCH HAPPY

Picture of BRIAR. Bought him from Jeff Lovell at Roundup. He is out of GRNTCH PR DOUBLE SPRINGS ECHO II AGAIN X GRNTCH GRCH PR TP'S DIZZY DOT. This is second cross. He follows Rain and Storm all over this river bottom and the other day was M I A. I rode 4-wheeler couple hundred yards up the river and stopped to listen and just could hear him bawling. Walked another 100yds and found him, he had fell over the 8' river bank and was on a small ledge just above a swift, deep hole of water. I got him up from there and he was some happy. Keeping a closer eye on them when they wander off. About time to catch a coon and cut it loose for Rain and see if she can tree it. She's ready but still younger than I like to start taking them with another hound at night. I will get her started good over the next month.

Last edited by steve bankston on 10-09-2014 at 11:52 PM

Old Post 10-09-2014 11:50 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Roundup and pup

Hey Steve,
Nice meeting you at the Roundup and good talking to you. We will get together again in the future and get some pictures of our Bocephus pups. Your pup looks good. Mine out of that same litter fit right in with the pups here and never missed a beat. Hope things are going well.
Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 10-10-2014 12:15 AM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

Mason posing for a picture by our new kennel. We worked hard over the last couple months getting to this day. We are completely done with main kennel and have put BO, BELL, and Rain in them. We still have to finish the pup pen underneath the houses but we aren't in a hurry to finish that. Proud day for Paw Paw and Mason.
Thanks Scott it was good meeting you at the Roundup also. My Pup took to the new place as you said yours did. Fit right in and already swimming in the river with Rain. Take Care and Good Hunting.

Old Post 10-11-2014 09:30 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MASON and NEW KENNEL

Old Post 10-11-2014 09:45 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Nice Kennel Steve!!!!

Old Post 10-12-2014 02:39 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Is the young man in the red shirt the KENNEL master? Nice looking set up and looks like you are ready for a few more!

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 10-12-2014 02:54 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Kennel

Steve, that's is probably the nicest kennel I've ever seen.

Old Post 10-12-2014 04:03 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

THANKS GUYS! We are proud of it. Mason is the Kennel Master and Paw Paw's Master, LOL! We had to take a lot of breaks to ride the 4-wheeler and go swim or throw sticks and rocks in the river. I always housed my hounds the best I could and always made sure they had water, food and shade but in back of my mind I dreamed of a day I would be able to build them something nice. The drain idea came from Mr. Frank Erwin's kennel but the rest I dreamed up. Won't make them tree any more coons but they sure act proud of it as I am.

Old Post 10-13-2014 12:57 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Took Bo Tuesday night by himself across the road from the house cut him down the cypress slough. He struck around 220yds and moved out quick to the left, crossed slough and came treed close to 500yds. Made my way to him and saw the coon as I came in. He was up a big water oak with a lot of moss hanging everywhere in it. It was on the edge of my neighbors yard and even though he said shoot them because they tear up his bird feeders it was to close to his house for me to feel comfortable pulling the trigger. I hooked him up and came on in. His first night out since the Roundup.
Took BO and BELL tonight to same place and when I cut them Bell went harder right than BO. He was around 171yds and just fell treed and on way to him I heard BELL pretty deep opening. Looked at Garmin and she was 373 yds. Went into BO's tree and it was a big bushy oak that I could only shine almost straight up and didn't find him. Hooked him up and led him a ways and stopped to listen for Bell. She was treed over 750 yds so I cut BO toward her and headed out. BO got treed half way to her and about 130 yds to the right. He was on a big turkey pine and I found that coon but left him. Cut him again toward Bell and headed her way again. She was on a medium pine and I had my doubts but first hit of squaller and he looked with both eyes. I hooked BO back so he couldn't get any, loved up BELL some and knocked him out to her. Big Boar. She looked good on that one and was treed over 45 minutes. Treed hard too. Proud of my little girl. Came on in as it will be long day tomorrow. Good Hunting!

Old Post 10-16-2014 03:31 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Good News

Love reading about a Ruger/Lou pup. Beautiful Kennels. Dave

Old Post 10-16-2014 01:50 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

FAMILY

This is my son Shane with his first born, my Grandson, Levi. Pup is Briar. Trying to get him hooked on Blue's at a young age! Levi is a month old tomorrow. Can't wait until he can tag along with Mason and me.
Thanks Dave for compliment on kennel. Bell is really turning out nice. She flies through the woods when hunting and can get under one quick. She had the swamp bottom ringing last night. At 400 yds I stopped to listen to her a few minutes as she was sounding so good and the sound was echoing all around me. Loud, beautiful mouth on her. To me anyway. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 10-16-2014 07:35 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

FUN HUNT

MR. B H and I loaded our 4-wheelers up and went over to Woodville Ms. and hunted with Mr. Buddy Lisk , Mr. Reggie Cupit and Blane on one of Mr. David Bramlette's places. They call the place Wyoming. Way off the road and several thousand acres I believe I heard someone say. Beautiful big chunk of land with small lakes, creeks, big hardwood and pine with fields scattered all around and trails everywhere. It was a pleasure meeting men I have read about for many a year. Coon didn't seem to be stirring that good but the deer were everywhere, counted over 20 while we were hunting and over 20 more on side of highways coming home at 1am this morning. Blane was hunting a good looking Walker that he said placed 4th in the world as a one year old and I think 10th as a 2 year old. He is 3 now and had been sold to a guy for 20 grand and then Blane got ahold of him. He treed the only coon we looked at last night by getting deep quick. After 2nd drop and not anything to brag about on BO I told him if he didn't tree one on that Walker that when I got home I was getting on the forum and looking under the Treeing Walkers for sale section! He did split tree from the Walker but had a big bushy oak with a big nest in it, no eyes found. I didn't look under the Walker section when I got home! LOL! Keep Ole Bo around a while longer. It was a great time and enjoyed the fellowship of some good houndsmen that's been at this longer than I have. Next trip the hounds will have to tighten up or the coons cooperate more because from the looks of those fine woods I know there are plenty in there to be treed. Good Hunting!

Old Post 10-17-2014 06:22 PM