UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ohio Valley Bluetick Kennel
Pages (23): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SMOKIN' GUNS
UKC Forum Member

sad news john. sorry to hear that.

'PR' Smokin' Guns Bell's Blue Buck
'PR' Smokin' Guns Boomin Blue Bingo
'PR' Smokin' Guns Lonesome Wrangler
'PR' Smokin' Guns Bell's Blue Cowboy

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2014 04:16 AM
SMOKIN' GUNS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMOKIN' GUNS Click here to Send SMOKIN' GUNS a Private Message Click Here to Email SMOKIN' GUNS Visit SMOKIN' GUNS's homepage! Find more posts by SMOKIN' GUNS Add SMOKIN' GUNS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

I'm sorry to hear that John boy. I will be praying for comfort for your , and your son-n- laws family John, we don't understand when stuff like this happens, and it's hard to deal sometimes.

Old Post 05-10-2014 02:42 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

John,
Sorry for your family's loss..............Tim

Old Post 05-10-2014 03:10 PM
Mad-Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad-Dog Click here to Send Mad-Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mad-Dog Find more posts by Mad-Dog Add Mad-Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SMOKENBLUES
UKC Forum Member

prayers sent

John sorry for the families loss of loved ones.Darian

Old Post 05-10-2014 04:52 PM
SMOKENBLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMOKENBLUES Click here to Send SMOKENBLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email SMOKENBLUES Find more posts by SMOKENBLUES Add SMOKENBLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Prayers

Sorry for your families loss. We are praying.

Home of:
GrChGrNtCh Mad Dog Mo Blue Smoke 2012 BBOA National King of Hunt

NiteCh Mad Dog Smoke's Real Deal (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA National King of Hunt
2017 BBOA/BBCHA Grand National Reunion King of Hunt

GrChGrNtCh Big Time Spankin Blue Wendy 2009 BBOA National Queen of Hunt

GrNtCh Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin 2011 zone 1 Queen of Hunt.

Ch Mad Dog Loud Mouth Ralph (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Show Champion
2016 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Hunt Overall Winner

NiteCh Mad Dog The Perkolater ( Astro X Ata Girl ) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High scoring Hunt Champion

Up and comming Mad Dog Smokin Blue Wendell

And a few young Prospects

Old Post 05-10-2014 05:00 PM
Roy Clifton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Clifton Click here to Send Roy Clifton a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Clifton Find more posts by Roy Clifton Add Roy Clifton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, I appreciate it. We were going to have my son's graduation party this weekend but we are now going to move it to next weekend. I also bought my old home place and am upgrading water, Septic, Heating system, plumbing, and electric utilities to the house. Plan on trying to move back in the holler with the hounds in another month or so once all of that is done. Son graduating, grandson being born, and all of that going on plus work is making it hard for me to keep the hounds in the woods. Once I get situated I will have a lot more time to hit the woods like I need to.

Old Post 05-10-2014 08:35 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

hopefully cheerful news

John i hate to hear the bad news but maybe this will cheer you up. Jewel got double cast wins at Ripley Friday nite at the PKC hunt. Hopefully she can keep up the pace in the flat country this week.

Old Post 05-12-2014 05:34 PM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Congrats David on the cast wins. Best of luck at Bluetick Days. Would be great for a former Bluetick Days Queen of Hunt to produce another Bluetick Days Queen of Hunt. Wish I could get away and be part of the action up there but way too many irons in the fire. Can't wait to get caught up and get moved back in the holler. Water lines are in, starting on the septic system system this week, and clean up is underway. A lot of hard work for someone that spends their days in an office. lol.

Old Post 05-13-2014 05:08 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks to 7 year old Logan Bailey for winning his cast and placing my Max dog 2nd at our club's YEP event. This finished Max to Night Champion. Austin, Logan's older brother, asked me if they could run him in the hunt so I appreciate Austin's help as well. Maybe Logan can be converted to Blue Dogs. He's young enough so there is hope for him. lol.

------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
------------Smokey River Blue Spud
---------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
------------Harlin's Ok Blu Punkin
------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
------------Hefley's Bros. May
Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion
------------Nt Ch Smokey River Chief's Chief II
---------Gr Nt Ch Mighty Blue Jake
------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Tangi River Blue Easy
------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
---------Ch Nt Ch Tucker's Hammering Bl Frankie
------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
---Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Git'R'Done Maxy HTX2
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Diamond Jim II
------------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
------Nt Ch Martin's Mighty Blue Raven
------------GrCh GrNtCh Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
---------Ch Mighty Blue Bobby Sue
------------Bushy Cr Bl Sue II

Last edited by ov_blues on 06-10-2014 at 10:00 PM

Old Post 06-10-2014 05:15 PM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

cast winner

Won a cast tonite with Jewel at Gallia. Didn't get in. There was a cast there that brought in nine hundred and some tonite. Thought that was impressive around here. We are still plugging along. All I can do is win my cast and hope for the best.

Old Post 06-15-2014 09:07 AM
David R. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David R. Smith Click here to Send David R. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email David R. Smith Find more posts by David R. Smith Add David R. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Way to go Dave. Keep winning those casts and she will be Grand Night before you know it. Tyler Bowman won his cast at Galipolis and placed 3rd with Bull. Bull is out of Clear River Jimmy and Snap so there were two cast winners out of Jimmy at Gallipolis. Keep up the good work guys and so glad that both of you are enjoying your hounds out of Jimmy.

Old Post 06-16-2014 02:14 AM
David R. Smith
UKC Forum Member

gallia

Holy cow. I'm glad old Bull turned out. I really like his mouth. That is awesome two Jimmy dogs get it done.

Old Post 06-16-2014 02:35 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Dave, Ole Bull not starting like I wanted him to was a lot my fault and he didn't make my 10 turnout criteria, but I never gave him much of a chance. Tyler had more patience with him and I think he split treed after about 20 turnouts. Sounds like he is more consistent now and is doing a nice job for Tyler. Tyler also has a pup off of Ohio Valley Jimmy and Kenny's gyp and he is running and treeing now. Sometimes I just have to let them go so someone else can give them a proper chance.

My oldest daughter, Jennifer, gave birth to my 2nd Grandson, Jairod, last Friday evening at 7:07. After being at the hospital with her for over 24 hours, I came home around 11:00, went to feed dogs and Max was out of his kennel. Got the dogs fed and quieted down and heard him treed about a half mile behind the house. Went to him and he had a coon. Figured he went over the kennel off of his dog box so I moved the box so that there was something over the top of it and thought all was good. Went to the hospital Saturday evening straight from work to see my daughter and grandson, got home about 10:30 and Max was out again. Same story, fed the dogs and heard him treed back in the woods again. This time he was a hair closer and not down over the high wall where he treed the night before so that was easier. He had the meat so I petted him and headed back to the house and moved him into a different pen this time. So far, he hasn't gotten out of that pen. It is frustrating when you can't figure out how in the heck they get out but a person is sure happy that they got them back after being loose. Glad he is interested in getting treed and not roaming the neighborhood. Guess he is trying to tell me something. lol.

Old Post 06-17-2014 08:06 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Pups in the oven. Due within the next week. First time mother so will have to see how she does as a mother. She has the tools in the woods.

---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
---------------Smokey River Blue Spud
------------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
------GrCh Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
---------------Harlin's Ok Blu Punkin
---------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
---------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
---------------Hefley's Bros. May
---Nt Ch Douglas' Maxamillion
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River Chief's Chief II
------------Gr Nt Ch Mighty Blue Jake
---------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
---------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Tangi River Blue Easy
---------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
------------Ch Nt Ch Tucker's Hammering Bl Frankie
---------------Mighty Blue Glenda II
------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Git'R'Done Maxy HTX2
---------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
------------Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Clear River Diamond Jim II
---------------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
---------Nt Ch Martin's Mighty Blue Raven
---------------GrCh GrNtCh Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp
------------Ch Mighty Blue Bobby Sue
---------------Bushy Cr Bl Sue II
Cross
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Slife's Blue Rambo
------------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Smiley's Blue Rambo II
---------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smiley's Misti Blue
---------Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Clear River Diamond Jim
---------------Smokey River Blue Spud
------------Gr Nt Ch Clear River Curlee
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
------GrCh Gr Nt Ch Clear River Blue Diamond Jimmy HTX2
---------------Nt Ch Smokey River JBS Cheif
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Chiefs Bl Dancer
---------------Harlin's Ok Blu Punkin
---------Nt Ch Clear River Blue Slammer
---------------Gr Ch Oklahoma Hard Rock
------------Ch Gr Nt Ch Hefley's Bros KC
---------------Hefley's Bros. May
---Ohio Valley Blue Little Snap
---------------Nt Ch Ch Georgia Blue Abe
------------Gr Nt Ch B&D's Mr. Blue
---------------Georgia Blue Britches
---------Ch Gr Nt Ch B&D's Blue Spike
---------------Gr Nt Ch Kirby's Blue Spike
------------Gr Nt Ch Ferris' Blue Kelly
---------------Nt Ch Ch Recker's Turtle Cr Bobbie
------Gr Nt Ch Clearfork Wild'N'Blue Snap
---------------Gr Nt Ch Coz' Spare Time Spanky
------------Gr Nt Ch Manns' Wild-N-Blue Spanky
---------------Neibarger's Dixie Blue
---------NGRNC Gr Nt Ch Wild-N-Blue Lou
---------------Blueboy Dan
------------Nt Ch Kankakee River Jitney Blue
---------------Havious' Blue Indiana Kandi

Old Post 06-26-2014 01:10 AM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

B&D's Blue Spike x Wild N Blue Lou Litter

You still got wild n blue snap?

i still got mine out of that litter. Hoping she comes in heat again, id like to get atleast one litter out of her. Cant believe i got her when i was in 6th grade at 5weeks old,.... now im 21 with a college degree and she's still my favorite girl of the kennel. lol

It would be nice to get a report of how the rest of the litter turned out. i know the Blazer guys got one called Scrappy that turned out, and you have one

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Old Post 06-26-2014 01:36 AM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Nick, I traded Snap back to the original owner of Blazer because he wished he hadn't sold her in the first place. I traded her for a Gr Ch Nt Ch female who I later sold to Sherrill Shrimsher who I let have my Jimmy dog to promote. He is gonna try to get her bred to Jimmy in the future. I believe there is also a couple of Gr Nt Ch males out of the Spike x Lou cross.. I bred Snap to Clear River Jimmy twice and it was a good cross. Snap also got accidentally bred to a pup (7 months and 3 weeks old at the time) who was out of Ohio Valley Jimmy and a Ohio Valley bred female. We kept two of the pups from that litter and they are doing good work. I also had a female out of Crook (Spike x Daisy) and Wild N Blue Lou who I crossed with Ohio Valley Blue Jimmy, Clear River Jimmy's full brother, and had good success with that cross. Getting pretty tight with this cross but I think it will work too. I like the way the traits line up on these dogs. I also owned the Maxy female at one point and know what she was in the woods. Started a few out of the Jimmy x Max cross as well. Like I said, it should work. Just hope Snapper does her job as a mother so I can see the results.

Old Post 06-26-2014 02:09 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Snapper had her pups last night. They look big and healthy and she seems to be doing a good job with them so far. Hopefully all will go well with them.

Old Post 06-26-2014 05:08 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Snapper ended up having 10 pups and all are doing well so far. She seems to be an excellent mother. Snapper has a ton of drive, a cold nose but is looking to drive a track and is a winding fool. She can fall treed in an instant. Well above average traits in a lot of departments. Max is also a nice hound in his own right. My best description of him is that he is just a pleasure to hunt. Turn him loose, he goes hunting looking for a coon from the start, no junk, real good mouth, can work or run a track, and has excellent locating and winding ability. He is very very accurate and will hold pressure like a dog is supposed to. He is independent but not to a fault. Just overall a very nice hound to enjoy owning and hunting. I started several littermates to Max and Snapper and kept up with several of the rest of them. I feel confident that this litter will produce some really nice hounds with personality, mouths, and ability. Time will tell if I am right or not.

Old Post 06-27-2014 04:23 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Pups

CONGRATULATIONS on your pups John. Hope you have good luck with them and they make excellent cooners. Dave

Old Post 06-27-2014 04:33 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Mr. Woofter.

Old Post 06-27-2014 10:12 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Still have 10 pups so far out of Snapper. Going to Salyersville, Kentucky tonight to hunt with Phillip Whitley and his littermate to Snapper. Hopefully those mountains of Eastern Kentucky don't kill me. lol.

Old Post 06-28-2014 09:41 PM
8hawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
Still have 10 pups so far out of Snapper. Going to Salyersville, Kentucky tonight to hunt with Phillip Whitley and his littermate to Snapper. Hopefully those mountains of Eastern Kentucky don't kill me. lol.

Tell Phillip and his brother hello. Those are a couple super nice guys, that will keep you laughing. John have a good hunt. Let us know how it goes. Safe travels.

Old Post 06-28-2014 10:02 PM
8hawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 8hawg Click here to Send 8hawg a Private Message Find more posts by 8hawg Add 8hawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Headed down to Kentucky Saturday evening to hunt with Phillip. Me and my hunting buddy Troy got down to Huntington, WV and the West bound lane was down to one lane and at a snail's crawl for well over an hour. Finally came to an exit and the State had both lane's closed and just had everything going to the exit with no detour signs at all. Finally got directions and took the long way around Huntington to get to Ashland and on down to Phillips. What was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour trip ended up taking 5 1/2 and we never got to turn the dogs loose till midnight. We hunted Max and Phillip's female out of Clear River Jimmy and Snap and managed to make a tree on a river bank where we couldn't shine but one side of it and didn't find it, and then we treed one on the side of one of those eastern Kentucky hillsides. It was steep but not as bad as I imagined. I was a little surprised that part of Kentucky wasn't that much different than my part of Ohio. The dogs did good work and Phillip has a nice little gyp to work with and enjoy. Headed back home and made it well after daylight. Hopefully if I go back down, it won't take 5 1/2 hours to get there. lol.

While we were detouring around Huntington, JT Bradshaw called me and said he placed Tex, his 2 year old male dog out of Ohio Valley Jimmy and Little Lou, 4th at the Uchman Memorial Hunt. Congrats to JT and keep up the good work.

I received Max's Night Champion certificate in the mail yesterday. Those letters are always nice to open. Hopefully I will have a few more of them to open in my lifetime.

Have had several calls here recently from some of my fellow Bluetickers. Always enjoy talking dogs with you guys and appreciate the conversations.

Old Post 07-01-2014 11:48 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Hunted last night with Justin Adkins and his friend Trey. Hunted Max and Sassy. Made 3 drops. had 3 trees, with a double, a coon, and a huge oak we couldn't shine real well but I would say was there. Dogs did a good job and kept us too busy to BS much but we had a good time. Justin proved to me last night that I can't keep up with the young guys anymore. lol.

Last edited by ov_blues on 07-04-2014 at 09:07 PM

Old Post 07-04-2014 09:01 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Trying to get back in the saddle again and hit the brush more. Tuesday night me and Troy took Thumper and June, a couple 2 year old littermates out of Sledge and Gr Nt Snap. Treed a coon and made another tree on a bushy tree that we didn't find anything, could have been there. Last night we made a couple drops with Max, Sassy, and June. Max made a tree on the first dump about 700 yards in, while Sassy and June worked the big creek hunting to the right. Went to Max and he was on a tree that I couldn't get a good look into. He doesn't miss much at all but I couldn't find the coon. Drove around and picked up Sassy and June as they came out on the creek on the next road about a mile thru. Didn't look on the garmin like they were goofing but they didn't get wooded either. Just dropped Max and June on the next turnout. They struck a good track and slammed it on the creek bank in under a minute. That was a good quick drop to end the night. Where I have been moving and not hunting much, it sure is hotand I am a little out of shape! Snappers pups are 2 weeks old and she still has all 10 of them, 5 males and 5 females. About time to start worming and helping Snapper feed them. Some of them are starting to turn blue so I will get some pictures soon.

Old Post 07-10-2014 05:08 PM