UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

PECKY SINKER

I cut this log today and it was some beautiful pecky sinker cypress.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-06-2014 11:06 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Bo treed good tonight and Bell also. Went across the road from the house and cut them down the ole cypress slough. BO struck in at 347yds followed by Bell and it was a good track that they moved across the swamp and Bo hit the tree hard followed a few seconds later by Bell. He lit it up and didn't budge. Took me about 20 minutes to get to them and they were treed up a nice size white oak and it was a big coon setting up near the top. I loved them up good and started back to the 4-wheeler and ended up busting my tail crossing the creek and got soaking wet. Came on in and Mason had came to stay the night and talked me into watching Mickey Mouse instead of changing clothes and going back hunting. He said he had heard the dogs treeing while he was on the porch and I asked him if they sounded like they were blowing the top out or chopping the tree down and he said BOTH! That's my little buddy! Good Hunting! Click on picture to see video.

Last edited by steve bankston on 11-07-2014 at 10:45 AM

Old Post 11-07-2014 02:58 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

I hunted BO tonight by himself. Went to Black Branch Swamp and road 4-wheeler in about half mile and cut him up the creek. He went in deep before he got struck and was right at 500yds when he started opening about every 2 minutes or so and moving on out with it. I headed that way and stopped when I got within 200yds of him. He worked that track good for another 15 minutes then hit the tree at 397yds and settled in to treeing hard. He was in the rough part of swamp that Mr. Jack and I had got in a couple weeks ago and I got into last week. I grabbed the rifle and headed to him. He treed hard the whole way in to him and was on a medium size water oak. I looked for about 20 minutes with no luck. Beat on the tree with a limb and backed off and finally found him. First shot and he tumbled out. Looked big when he came out and I knew he was when he hit the ground. Bo went nuts of course and I went over there to pick up the coon and toss it to him but, NO COON! I looked for 5 minutes or so and finally cut BO. He circled the tree but got back on it hammering. I leashed him up, led him a 100' and cut him the way I thought the wounded coon might have went. He struck him quick but was almost 300yds before he caught up to him then it was a little scrap in the swamp. By the time I got to him it was over and he was sure proud of that big ole boar coon. We headed on back to the 4-wheeler and came on out of swamp.
BO has really looked good this past week or so and has come out of the slump he was in and got back to doing it right. Getting gone, getting treed, treeing hard, staying put and having the coon. That's what its all about and makes for some Good Hunting!

Old Post 11-09-2014 04:27 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

EYES of the coon BO treed tonight. Took a while to find this one.

Old Post 11-09-2014 04:32 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Sounds like he is really cranking for you Steve.

Take Care
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 11-09-2014 05:03 AM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO TREED

Thanks Scott. This is a video from last nights hunt.

Old Post 11-09-2014 04:51 PM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Bo sure is looking good Steve,I do miss hearing Bell blow the top out of one. If you get to dog poor down there Bell is welcome back here any time you want to let her come back. Good hunting

Old Post 11-09-2014 06:57 PM
Scot Crandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scot Crandall Click here to Send Scot Crandall a Private Message Find more posts by Scot Crandall Add Scot Crandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Thanks Scot. I'm going to keep Ole Bell down here in the south. She said its to cold up there with you. LOL! If I ever got mad enough at her to sell her I will call you first but I don't look for that to happen.
They get a break from hunting this week as we are down in Miami Florida for the Championship Nascar Race. We brought Mason with us and he is having a blast. We have garage passes for entire weekend and I can't wait to see the look on Masons face when he gets to meet his hero, Jimmie Johnson. On Monday morning as I was washing up the truck getting it ready for the trip BO started bawling in the pen looking at me from his upper deck. He was smart enough to know I was going somewhere and he wanted to come along. I always hunt around the house on the 4-wheeler and last time the Black truck left was for the Fall Roundup and BO was with us. He never barks until near dark but when I went to washing and loading that truck he came unglued. These ole hounds are smarter than we give them credit for. Some folks say their memory is very short and I say, BULL. BO knew I was going somewhere. He will get a little traveling in soon as I have him preregistered for the Winter Classic both nights. I get back from this trip I plan on hunting them at least 5 nights a week. Work is slow right now and it will be after first of year before we kick off any new jobs so I don't have to be at work so early every morning. That means I can put in some more time doing some Good Hunting!

Old Post 11-13-2014 11:09 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

DESTIN FLORIDA

We stopped in Destin Florida Tuesday morning and spent the day and night before driving the other 11 hours down here to Miami. This is a picture of us Tuesday evening on a big boat called the SEA QUEST. We took Mason out to see some Dolphins and we were lucky and got to see several big pods of them and some were jumping. The captain let Mason steer the boat for a bit. Great time and I enjoy road trips but the older I get the harder it is to pull myself away from home. Sure is a warm welcome when we get back and those hounds are bawling in the pen, welcoming us home.

Old Post 11-13-2014 11:20 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

DESTIN FLORIDA SUNSET

Never a bad sunset in Florida.

Old Post 11-13-2014 11:25 AM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Looking Good!

Dang that sure looks nice and warm! Treed 3 behind the cabin opening night, the last warm night we had. 21 degrees here this morning when I woke up. Ed

Old Post 11-13-2014 05:05 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

FLORIDA

Mason in Destin Florida Tuesday. He got to see the Trucks practice yesterday and MR. ED, I hate to rub it in but it was 85 here yesterday. Dang near HOT. I saw at home in Mississippi they were saying it was getting down to 26 last night and tonight and next Tuesday its supposed to hit 22. So much for FALL, WINTER is here. MR. ED, yaw coming down to the Winter Classic? We plan on being there and giving it a shot.
Today starts the racing with all cars practicing and trucks racing tonight. We were first ones here this morning and gate was locked to our parking area but I did some scouting around and found a way in. Coon Hunters always looking for a short cut. Mason will get to meet a lot of drivers today and have some more fun. This boy is better than most adults on a long trip. Just a great kid.

Old Post 11-14-2014 01:22 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Winter Classic

That's the plan right now, depends on winter and female. Sometimes they have a way of changing your plans. Ed

Old Post 11-14-2014 04:44 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I didn't think I would be already saying it, but if you can you can bring some of that warm weather back to Ms. with you. Its cold out there tonight and suppose to be that way for the next several days and it aint even winter yet. Have a great trip Steve.

Old Post 11-15-2014 02:04 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MASON and JIMMIE JOHNSON

Picture of me holding Mason and Jimmie walking by and Chase Elliot in the Napa fire suit in the background. Chase won the Nationwide Championship this year and he is a rookie. Jimmie autographed Mason's picture for him. My little buddy is in heaven down here with his hero's. Next picture shows how tired he gets following this racing. Long days at the track but he got in a good nap and was fine.
Thanks MR. Jack. Looks like its going to be colder first of next week. I will call you soon and we will hook up for a hunt. Good Hunting and Racing!

Old Post 11-15-2014 01:52 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MASON RACING

Mason gets tired after a long day racing. He was the hit of the garage with his fire suit and had news media taking pictures and filming him off and on all day. He was the only kid in the garage. Made him shy and some of the drivers tried talking to him and he would just bury his face on Paw Paw's shoulder. This picture was taken by someone in the news and put on twitter and facebook page of Miami Speedway.

Old Post 11-15-2014 02:00 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

SO LONG PARADISE

After a long week of racing we are back home from Paradise and the warm weather. But I am SOOO GLAD to be back home to this river bottom. We got up at 5am yesterday morning, at race track all day until almost 9pm last night and I left track and headed home driving all night long and getting home at 1:30pm today. Getting to old to run like I used too! Kevin Harvick won the race and the Championship and my wife was happy because that's her racer and me and Mason were happy because he met Jimmie. Great trip but liked to of killed me. Coon Hunting is easier in the swamp! Good Hunting coming soon!

Old Post 11-17-2014 11:00 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Loaded them up tonight and went down to my son's in Chatawa along the river. We cut loose at 6pm and Bo struck in at close to 300yds and moved on out good with Bell putting in with him. Bo hit the tree first with Bell close behind. Big oak and we saw the coon coming in. Put that one down to them and led them a little ways and cut them again. They didn't go a 100yds and Bell just fell treed and Bo joined her. Big white oak tree with a bunch of huge acorns on ground around it. Looked for a few minutes and finally spotted an eye in a fork peeping at me. Petted them up good and left that one up. Cut them again and they got on a good track close to 400yds deeper and moved out away from us so we walked a bit keeping them within 300 as there is a Rail Road track through those swamps and 2 trains had already came through. Bell came treed but Bo wasn't convinced. We went into her tree and it was a big viney oak and looked for a bit but couldn't find him. Bo had trailed within a 100yds of tracks and I caught him off it and came on in. This was first night back in the woods since they had over a week off and they both looked pretty good. Good Hunting!

Old Post 11-20-2014 02:54 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Went back down to my sons last night and took a friend of mine's son with me. His name is Thad and he is 13. We cut loose and it was a while before Bell struck and they were fairly deep near the river so we started walking to stay closer. They were opening here and there and moved out good. Bell fell treed but Bo got quite a few minutes then started opening again deeper. We got into Bell's tree and she had hung up on the river bank and tree was slick. Bo had hit the river and was on the other side about a 100yds treed. There was a tree that was right where Bell treed that had fallen across the river and reached the other side so I had no choice but to cross it like the coon had but with a different approach. I'm sure the Coon walked across and in my younger days I would have too. But I was taking No chances hitting that deep, cold water and Scooted across on my Butt. Thad took this picture and I'm sure I looked like a snail to him and Shane as I made my way across. Got to Bo's tree and looked at the coon. petted him up and reached for the lead. NO LEAD! I had hooked Bell with it and Shane was packing the other one. Crap. Took Bo by the collar and made my way up river to a shallower spot and waded across but did get wet. We cut them again but no luck so called it a night. Good Hunting!

Old Post 11-22-2014 12:43 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Hunted BO by himself tonight and he made 2 trees and I looked at both coon. First tree he struck at a couple hundred yards moved out on hot track fast and slammed the tree. Went in and spotted that one quick and left him to run again. Led him about 50yds and recut down the cypress slough. He was gone a while without opening and I looked at the Garmin and he was over 1000yds but starting to loop back. He struck at 883yds opening here and there and moving the track up the swamp good, made a swing back toward me and treed at 695yds. It was walking all the way and some was thick and had to go around 2 beaver ponds. Took about 40 minutes to get to him and he treed hard and steady the whole way to him. Petted him up good and started looking for the coon. He was on a big water oak and it took a while but I finally found him stretched out on a big limb but not looking. Knocked him out to BO as he had done a great job on a track that wasn't that great. Proud of this young hound as he has really been looking good here lately. The thing I like the most about BO is: ACCURACY. On a rough track he takes a little time to pick his tree and settle but when he does I have faith the coon is there. He don't miss many. Good Hunting!

Old Post 11-25-2014 02:33 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

GARMIN

I saw in a Cabela's sale paper that they will be selling the Garmin Astro 320 and DC-50 collar for 399.99. I know the DC-50 has been replaced by the T-5 but it is still a great collar and for that price its like your buying the handheld and getting collar for free. Sale starts Thanksgiving Day and you can buy off the internet and enter code 4winter and get free shipping. Thought I would let yaw know.

Last edited by steve bankston on 11-27-2014 at 10:42 AM

Old Post 11-25-2014 02:33 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

GARMIN

Just bought the Garmin Astro 320 with DC-50 collar from Cabelas for 399.99 and free shipping. Now I have a spare handheld and a extra collar. You can get a map card off ebay for 15.99. Going to give it to my wife for Christmas, sure she will love it! LOL! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! Enjoy time today with Family and Friends. Good Hunting!

Last edited by steve bankston on 11-27-2014 at 11:17 AM

Old Post 11-27-2014 10:47 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Information

Thanks for the info Steve. I am surprised how the Garmin prices have come down in the last year. A boy had hunted a dog for me this Fall had also bought that setup a couple of months ago and paid a lot less than I did. I had a collar (DC40) that was giving me trouble and thought about replacing it at the Fall Roundup and Rodney from Millingport told me I did not need a new collar and showed me where I just needed a new antenna. It cost me $10 what a deal. Mr. Jack Smith was there and also having collar issues and he was able to get his fixed too. That was sure a nice thing for Rodney to do he could have sold me a new collar instead.
I hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving also.
Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 11-27-2014 02:52 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO on THANKSGIVING NIGHT

Went out for a short hunt tonight in Black Branch Swamp. I roaded BO as I went through the swamp and about a quarter mile in he struck 155yds to my right off the trail and ran it hot for about 100yds and hit the tree. Went in and looked at that one and left him up as I didn't bring my gun as I feel like BO has had enough put down here lately. Cut him back down the swamp and he struck to the left this time and started working a rough track. He sounded like he was in some thick stuff and track was getting better. He got out to almost 500yds and located a few times and settled in to treeing hard. I rode as close as I could but it was still 265 to him. The last 100 was VERY BAD. Saw briars, scrub oak, foot deep water, ect.. Saw the coon as I came in setting high a top the big water oak. Loved Ole BO up, took a few pictures and came on home. He is looking real sharp here lately and is really shining on working a rough track and having the coon. Happy Thanksgiving and Good Hunting!

Old Post 11-28-2014 02:45 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

This is a video of BO treed last night off a rough track that he worked through several hundred yards of thick, wet swamp and got under the coon. When video first starts you can see coon eyes in middle of picture off in the distance. Hope yaw ain't getting tired of these videos and pictures of BO, I'm just proud of my hunting buddy. Good Hunting!

Old Post 11-28-2014 10:28 PM