UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Keep up the good work, I enjoy every bit of it. Ole Bo is looking good.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-29-2014 04:55 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunter

I don't know how a coon hunter could get tired of that! Besides there isn't any snow on the ground that makes it even better.

Old Post 11-29-2014 05:16 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenny357
UKC Forum Member

Steve, you and Bo keep up the good work. I've actually got another batch of Bo siblings in the oven now. Thomas Applegate in OK has a littlemate to Bo doing well. He sounds real similar to Bo.

Old Post 11-30-2014 04:59 AM
Kenny357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny357 Click here to Send Kenny357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny357 Find more posts by Kenny357 Add Kenny357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Sounds great Kenny, I will keep in touch.
Took BO to a hunt in Ovett tonight and had a great time. Bo didn't win his cast but I thoroughly enjoyed the cast of men and hounds. The Judge's name was Mike and he had a nice hound named Ralph, a blue, and he won the cast. He had a 1st and 1st on first drop and coon was seen. Bo was shut out on that one but looked great AFTER the hunt was over. Last drop with only 28 minutes left to hunt the hounds got struck and the Blue dog and a Walker treed 50' behind the trucks. As we walked back to them i could hear BO open every now and then as he went on with the track through the small planted pines toward the creek. Time ran out as we shined the planted pine they were treed on and when they pulled their dogs off the tree and we walked to the truck BO located and blew the top out. He was 191yds in and i went through the pines to him knowing he probably had the coon and he did. Kind of like the L S U TIGERS, slow to get started but heck out the gate in the 2nd half but sometime wait to long to get it all together and come up short. That's what BO did tonight but i was proud of him non the less. When i got back to the truck with him the guys said they hated it when i pulled him off the tree. They were enjoying setting at the truck listening to him blow. I took another video of him on this tree i will post tomorrow. Great Hunt, Great Guys, Great Judge and some good hound work. All adds up to Good Hunting!

Old Post 11-30-2014 07:09 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

This is a short video of BO treed after hunt was over in Ovett last night. Coon was there.

Old Post 12-01-2014 12:13 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN

Took my 3 pups out for a walk in the woods this morning and made Several Big Mistakes. Didn't bring my rifle and its deer season, didn't bring my phone which I use for pictures and videos, didn't have shock or tracking collar on RAIN and didn't bring a lead. We were about a 100yds behind the house and I had went down the river bank to a big rock and sand bar and was just walking along looking at all GOD has created in my little part of the world when Rain opened in the woods to my left. I knew right then I was in trouble. Briar and Storm were up ahead of me and Rain hadn't opened 5 times when a big buck came blowing out of those woods, down the bank and hit the river with a big splash not 60yds in front of me. It was truly a beautiful sight as he bounced across the river in waist deep water with the sun glistening off the water, big oaks on my left with moss hanging from the limbs where the buck had came out of the woods and sprays of water going to each side of him as he got on across the river and ran across a big, sugar white sand bar on the other side before vanishing into the swamp. I was snatched from that beautiful sight as I heard another splash to my left and you guessed it, RAIN! swimming the river with her head held high bawling all the way across. I took off running and bailed off into the river just as she was coming out and got my hands on her. Bad as I hated to do it she got taught its not nice to run deer. So there I stand in the river her collar in hand and no lead. I led her to the other bank and found me a wild grape vine and made me a quick make do lead and back to the house we went. Put pups back up and I feel Rain might have learned a little but I darn sure learned a lot! Good Hunting even if it was a Deer! That memory will be with me forever.

Old Post 12-01-2014 12:34 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I must have a wrong number for you. Give me a call when you get a chance.

Old Post 12-01-2014 06:07 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

BO treed under a big coon the other night.

Old Post 12-02-2014 01:41 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BELL

Took Bell by herself tonight for a short hunt as I have to leave for work at 3;30am in the morning. We went to Black Branch Swamp. I cut her down one of the few dry sections of swamp and she left on the run and made a big wide loop out to around 800yds and was back within 253 when she struck, opened 6 times and fell treed. She was on a medium size water oak that had a lot of leaves but I found him setting in a deep fork. Petted her up and left him to run another day and we came on in. I am going to put her in a hunt soon. Her and BO have 2 totally different hunting styles. Bell Flies through the woods, not just in a straight line, but kind of zigging and zagging in a Big loop looking to ambush one and pop him up quick. Bo on the other hand hunts fast but not as fast and he zigs and zags in a big loop but will take a track and trail it up, pop one up or tree a layup. In my opinion, in thick coon and when there moving Bell would make the better competition hound. But if coon aren't moving good Bo would be better. That's why I enjoy hunting these 2 so much together because each does their on thing and depending on how coon are moving its fun to keep score in my mind and see who comes out on top each night. Bell get a little more accurate she would be hard to beat in thick coon. Leaves get off the trees we will work on that a little if needed. Good Hunting!

Old Post 12-03-2014 01:54 AM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Man am I gonna go down eating crow on letting her go.Good luck with her Steve, guess Igotta go see what Woofter has up his sleeve next.

Old Post 12-03-2014 05:52 PM
Scot Crandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scot Crandall Click here to Send Scot Crandall a Private Message Find more posts by Scot Crandall Add Scot Crandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BELL

I'm sure Dave will hook you up with a pup out of Lou when she has them. I think I saw where he bred her to Dutch which I hear is a fine hound. I sure like the way he looks and he has some great breeding behind him. I don't think Bell will ever be a cold nose trailing type hound and its not at all because she don't have the nose power because she does. She is just a Very Hyper High Strung gyp and wants to get one up a tree Right Now. I have had her several times move a track a good ways before treeing but I felt it was a good track and not a cold one. Every hound has a fault and if I had to fault her it would be she misses some and she don't always go the way I point her. She gets gone and gets deep as she needs to go but half the time its left or right of the way I pointed her. Mind of her on and not wanting to be with another hound I guess.
I haven't hunted her a handful of times by herself since I had her but I bet at least half the time or more she has treed split. Very independent. Call Dave and get on that list for another pup out of LOU. Might be the cross that a UKC World Champ comes from. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 12-03-2014 09:24 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Steve I enjoy reading your posts, about your hunts!! And your dogs!! Keep up the good work!!

Old Post 12-03-2014 10:35 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY

I was busy today pouring concrete under my house. I already have a slab under it but over the 20 years I have lived here as the river floods every year it leaves a build up of silt in the yard. Over all this time it has got even with the old slab and when it rains hard water was running in on the old slab in spots. So 2 weeks ago we pored 13 yards and today we poured 20 more. I haven't been hitting the woods with the hounds as much the past month because of forming all this up for the concrete and that NASCAR RACE but now that this big project is behind me I will be enjoying the nights behind these ole hounds. This year I have been so busy with work, building 2 kennels, sawmilling logs for myself, my son and a neighbor who lets me coon hunt his place. Plus the 2 trips to the races and the Fall Roundup and Winter Classic. Told my wife that I had enough work for a while. Time to hunt, fish or whatever for a while.
Thanks Bill, I enjoy your thread as well and seeing pictures of your fine hound and your young handler. Keep them in the woods and Good Hunting!

Old Post 12-06-2014 12:51 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Concrete

Looks warm there Steve compared to here. We have been able to get out some now though with the deer hunt over. I was wondering about the kennels being off of the ground also but if you get that kind of flooding in the Spring I can see why. Good luck with your hounds.
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 12-06-2014 02:47 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Steve I am glad you are hunting a Lou pup and as always enjoy reading your post. I got a short video from Gary Richy the other day of a Male from that cross. He sounds more like Lou. There are two good females in AL that sound like Bell which is Ruger style. Good luck with all your dogs Steve. You are doing a good job. Dave

Old Post 12-08-2014 08:25 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

This is a video of BO and BELL from last nights hunt. Went to Black Branch Swamp and Bell struck at over 300yds and Bo put in with her. They moved the track another 650yds and I knew they were in some bad stuff but luckily they turned and got treed just inside the bigger woods. I was able to ride 4-wheeler to within 130 yards of them. BO was on a medium size water oak and BELL was on a medium size white oak 20 feet away. They both had a 3/4 grown coon. This is a typical night with these 2 hounds. I got to Bo first and hooked him up then went to Bell. Made another drop and they made a tree together and had the coon. Hunted BO Sunday night for one round and he got treed over 800yds in the swamp and had a coon. All these were left to run another day.
Thanks Scott and Dave. Scott the day we poured the concrete it was almost 80 degrees. But have had a cool front move in Sunday and its in the 60's during the day and 30's at night.
Dave good luck with your next litter out of LOU. A person can't go wrong with one of her pups as I really like Bell. Looks, mouth and ability. Can't ask for anymore than that. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Last edited by steve bankston on 12-09-2014 at 12:41 PM

Old Post 12-09-2014 12:39 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Thanks again for the kind words on Lou pups. We didn't get Lou bred to Dutch. I don't know if we waited to late or what but Bill said she would not take him. Haven't decided what I will do when spring comes yet. Dave

Old Post 12-09-2014 02:49 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I sure enjoyed our hunt last night. I like to see young dogs work and they had to work for everything they got last night. I don't know why the coons are not moving good right now, but it seems like everyone I talk to is having the same problems. I don't think we have as many coons as we use to. I,ve heard in some places that the deer hunters are poisoning them. I hope not that would take a sorry fellow to do that. Steve, the deal you talked about last night of going coonhunting on the river and setting out some trot lines while were coonhunting and catching catfish and cooking them up there on the river bank sounds like a lot of fun to me. We may have to wait till it gets a little warmer, but I'm all for it. Makes me hungry just thinking about it. Steve pat ole Bo on the head for me and I look forward to us getting togeather for another hunt soon.

Old Post 12-11-2014 07:03 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BRIAR

Picture I took of Briar yesterday. He is 4 months old. Took him to the vet the other day and got his last round of shots and he weighed 42 pounds. He is going to be Big. Loves to eat for sure. He is starting to wander off some and do a lot of smelling around as different scents tickle his nose. Big mouth on him and love his personality. He is out of the same line of hounds that BO is and I see a lot of similarities in them.
Went hunting last night and took BO and BELL and they got after a good one and ran him for a while then treed him up a big white oak. Left him to run again. Next drop didn't get a strike. Good Hunting but we need some rain, maybe Monday they say.

Old Post 12-13-2014 02:23 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN

As I type this it has finally set in to raining. We have been dry here the past few months and its good to see it coming down. Haven't hunted the past 3 nights as I have been going to a class in Baton Rogue, La. and getting out late in the evening. Was going to start hitting the woods again tonight but might be rained out. Didn't have to work today and had told the wife I was going to the slaughter house and get some smoked sausage and that it would be nice to shoot a deer so I could drop the meat off to have made into more sausage while I was there. So with that in mind I looked out the bedroom window a couple times this morning and at 6:50am there was 3 about 100' from the kennel. Took my .280 out of the gun cabinet and walked out onto the front porch and dropped the biggest doe. Got her dressed out and deboned all the meat and dropped it off when I picked up my sausage around 10 this morning. I have been seeing 3 bucks hanging around and one is a big one so I will set my sights on him next. I have a couple stands within 200yds of the house and I feel I will get him over the holidays from one of those stands. I like to have the meat made into stuffed smoked hot sausage. Goes good for breakfast, in red beans or brown rice, on the grill or in a crawfish boil. Gotta Go, I'm getting Hungry!

Old Post 12-18-2014 09:17 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Food

Dang Steve you sure know how to make a old fat boys mouth water!!!!

Old Post 12-18-2014 10:20 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTING

Hey MR. ED, didn't mean to get your stomach to growling! Lol! If I don't run off and forget them I will bring you some of those sausage to the Winter Classic. Hope all is good up your way and looking forward to seeing yaw again.
Went and sat in the deer stand behind the house on the river bank this evening in the rain. All I saw were some wood ducks and a big coyote. He came out on opposite side of river about 250yds down stream on a sand bar. He rolled around in it for a bit then wandered off into the swamp grass and cattails. If I didn't have my mind set on getting that big buck that my pup Rain ran across the river I would have dust rolled that yote. Got down and came home when it got dark and as I was walking into the yard, you guessed it, deer running off. Looked like yearlings best I could tell with the little flashlight I had. Took BO out tonight as it had quit raining so we rode up to Black Branch Swamp. First round he bawled one time and fell treed. He was on a medium size oak that still had leaves and I couldn't find him. Took him up the swamp and cut him again and he struck at 330yds and rolled one for 20 minutes or so and the coon got in the bad stuff and slowed ole Bo down some. He got to .92 of a mile and treed. I came out of the swamp and rode back down the little county road toward the house and got within 80yds of him. He was treed up a swamp tree that was surrounded by a foot of water everywhere and there was No Coon at home. Slick. I couldn't believe it as he had really ran the fire out of that coon and its not like him to pull up slick but he did. I cut him again near the house but didn't get a strike so came on in. Supposed to rain some more tomorrow so the hunting should be great the next few weeks as trailing conditions couldn't be better. Good Hunting coming, I hope!

Old Post 12-19-2014 03:36 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Food

Steve, if you will call me when you get ready to put any or all of the stuff u named off on the stove. I can probably be there by the time it gets done. lol Steve I wish you and yours a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope ol Bo wins the WORLD HUNT next year. For folks like me and you other than going to heaven that's about as good as it could get.

Mr. Ed I also wish you and yours the very MERRY CHRISTMAS ever and the best to you in the NEW YEAR. If nothing happens I hope to see you at the WINTER CLASSIC.

Old Post 12-19-2014 05:38 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to both of you and your families!!! Hope to see everyone at the Classic!!

Old Post 12-19-2014 10:14 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thanks guys and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! MR. Jack Bo needs to win a cast before he sets his sights on the World but we believe in Dreaming BIG!
I will see yaw at the Classic. Rained out of hunting tonight but we needed all we are getting. Going to climb in the deer stand before daylight in the morning. That Bucks Luck is about to run out. Good Hunting!

Old Post 12-20-2014 12:34 AM