UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and STORM

I had fun hunt tonight. Took BO and Storm to Black Branch Swamp. We had 2 1/2" of rain yesterday and last night and I knew the swamp would be flooded but I hit it anyway. I usually wait a couple days and let it drain down but its been dry so long I figured Bo wouldn't mind all the water. I cut him the same place I cut him the other night when he ran that coon for so long and far only to end up slick. He struck in about the same spot and started working on him in that flooded timber. I listened to some good dog work as he opened here and there and drifted deeper and deeper and got that ole coon on the run and was opening like he was looking at him. He hit the wood at 721yds from me and Storm so I loaded her back up and we rode the 4-wheeler toward Bo. This was Storms first trip out at night as she just turned 6 months old but I wanted to get her used to the dark and riding the 4-wheeler that far to go hunting before I start her in a month or so on some feeders. We got to within 70yds of Bo and walked on in and he was on a huge turkey pine blowing the top out. I cringed when I saw that big pine as its pretty hard to find them in a pine that big. I started looking and had been all the way around it when I spotted an eye just peeping at me way up above my head out on a huge limb. I cut the bright light on that's mounted on my rifle and could see his ears and hair on his back but he was flattened out on that limb good. I popped a couple rounds and one must have got close and he moved just enough that the next shot made him swing off that limb and hang from his front paws a second. In that second I saw he was a Huge coon for down here and also that those Red eyes sure looked P O !! Then he let go and fell through the top of a small water oak before hitting the ground. I kept the light on him as he fell and when that sucker hit the ground he left there Jimmie Johnson Fast!! And Mason will tell you, That's Fast!! Bo was raising 9 kinds of heck and Storm to as I had leashed both of them. I cut Bo loose and he treed on the little oak the coon had fell through but Storm left there screaming after him and Bo soon joined her. In a few minutes sounded like Storm had bayed him but I heard Bo hit some deep water and go on with it and knew Storm had hung up at the water. She never has liked water like Rain does. Bo lined that sucker out and I'm telling yaw he sounded good roaring up through that swamp bottom. He headed straight North, the same way he ran that one night before last, and was soon close to 3/4 of a mile in there but getting closer to Ginn Road, the little county road. So I loaded Storm up and we came out of swamp. When I stopped to shut gate I could hear him treeing and looked at Garmin and he was .92 miles away, same as the other night. I rode up the road and got to within 100yds of him and went in to the tree. He was on a water oak 20' from where he missed him the other night. The oak went up 20' and had the top blown out years ago and was hollow with one big limb going on up to the right. I almost went home and got the extension ladder as me and Bo have had enough of this big sucker but the neighbors cows on other side of road from where I parked 4-wheeler were starting to bellar and I didn't want them to get all worked up thinking somebody was going to feed them so I loved up ole Bo and came on out much to his displeasure. I feel like my shot just stung his paw just enough to make him want to get out of that pine. Looking forward to running him again. Don't get after many old coon like that and sure makes those hounds earn their keep to get one up a tree. This was one of those hunts that will stand out in my memory 4-ever. The one that got away. I don't have the heart to tell BO, But I'm glad he did. Would love to run him every night until me and Ole Bo are to old to do it anymore. Good Hunting was Great Tonight!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-21-2014 03:15 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BELL

Took Bell by herself tonight to Black Branch Swamp. First drop, nothing. She went over 800yds out and made a wide loop and as she got closer to me I started up through the swamp on the 4-wheeler and she headed out ahead of me so I shut it off again. She struck pretty deep, bumped around on track some and treed. She didn't like it but stayed for 15 minutes so I headed to her. She was on a big bay tree full of leaves but couldn't find him if he was there. Took her further up the swamp and cut her and she treed a possum. Scolded her some, cut her again, no strike so brought her on home. Put her up and got Rain out. I put out a corn bucket feeder the other day and cut her down the slough to it but no coon had been there. She hunted out for a little while and come back so I put her up. Still a lot of acorns on the ground so might be a bit before they start hitting the corn. Good Hunting!

Old Post 12-23-2014 02:22 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Say on em Steve , sounds like you got them lookin up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 12-23-2014 01:12 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

TORNADOS

Thanks Darren. I hope you missed the bad weather we had today along with parts of Alabama.
A tornado that started with damage near Amite, LA. passed about one mile south of us going north east. It hit Columbia, MS. Killed several people and tore up a bunch of business in town. Flipped cars, downed trees and power lines. Mr. B. H. Patterson lives over that way along with Mr. Jack. I called B. H. and he said they didn't get the bad weather and Mr. Jack posted he is all good. The National Weather Service said it was the strongest they had seen in a while and they think it might have been an F-3. Local news said it had tornadic turbulence from the ground to over 2 miles into the atmosphere. May God be with the ones who lived through this and the ones who lost loved ones. They said it intensified again near Laurel, MS. and probably had winds of 150mph but I haven't heard if it was on the ground there also or if they had damage. We have had over 3" of rain just today. That makes for 6" in the past 5 days. The river won't flood this time but this is what I call the primer rain. One more like this anytime soon and Out she comes. No Good Hunting Tonight. Merry Christmas to all again.

Old Post 12-24-2014 01:36 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Tornados

Steve,
Glad to hear you and your family made it through the storms.
Merry Christmas,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 12-24-2014 01:48 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Thanks Scott, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Old Post 12-24-2014 04:46 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tornados

quote:
Originally posted by Scott VH
Steve,
Glad to hear you and your family made it through the storms.
Merry Christmas,
Scott

X2 there Steve!! Glad y'all pulled through and done good! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Old Post 12-25-2014 02:03 AM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

CHRISTMAS

Picture of my wife on her Christmas present. She had hinted at a candy colored diamond ring but I'm into rings about as much as most wives are into us buying another hound so I bought her the next best thing, a 4-wheeler! She has grumbled ever since I put the dog rack on mine because there is not enough room for her to ride with me anymore. Problem solved and I have a spare now if mine breaks or I have company come over and they need one to ride or when grand kids get old enough they have one to ride with Paw Paw. Made a lot more since to me than a ring! Lol! She also got several other things and she said she Loves Her 4-wheeler so that's all that matters. Hope everyone had a safe and joyful Christmas!

Last edited by steve bankston on 12-26-2014 at 05:29 PM

Old Post 12-26-2014 05:12 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN

Rain treed tonight in the flooded swamps of Black Branch. Took her and Bo and cut Bo and he struck over 650yds in. Cut Rain and she went right handed of where Bo was and got struck pretty quick, moved into the swamp a couple hundred yards and locked up treed. I grabbed the gun and headed to her as Bo was still trailing but headed my way. Got into Rain as Bo trailed by within 100yds and she never missed a beat, just looking up her tree spitting them out. The only way I could have been any more proud was if it had been a coon up there but it wasn't. The swamp is not the place right now I need to hunt her with it flooded as trailing for a pup in there is about impossible but that's the only place I got until deer season closes. Bo trailed on and treed his coon and we left him to run again and came on home. They say we have rain on the way tomorrow through Sunday and will get between 3" and 8". I hope they are wrong. Its hard to see in the picture but Rain is standing in almost a foot of water. It doesn't bother her and never has. She's like an otter, loves it. Good Hunting!

Old Post 12-27-2014 02:05 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BONNIE

Picture of my first good coonhound, BONNIE. She was a good ole hound that treed me a lot of coon. Nothing fancy just good, steady, dependable ole girl. It was raining today and I was reliving my past and thought I would share a couple old pictures. She was from MR. Frank Erwins hounds, Mighty Blue Magnum and Mighty Blue Dolly.

Old Post 12-27-2014 10:57 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BONNIE TREED

This is Ole Bonnie treed. She is the one on the tree, her sire, Magnum is behind her treeing his way, setting back. Her sister, Glenda, is around the tree some. Bonnie and Glenda could tree some coon but they sure liked them possums too! I don't think we ever truly broke them two. They might go 9 months then tree 3 in one night. Made Mr. Franks blood boil! Good times back then.

Old Post 12-27-2014 11:17 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Those are some good pictures, They bring back a lot of memories. They were tree dogs that could really drive a track. I had a couple of females out of Glenda I think it was. You and Mr. Frank had bred her to Spare Time Spanky. I got two females out of this cross. They were already trained when I got them. One was Sheba. I think you had owned and trained her. She was a good one. I went out to her kennel to feed one morning and she was dead in the pen. I got a littermate sister to her and she was nice too. I've tried, but I cant remember her name. She got ran over by a car one night. The only thing that I'm having a problem with in these pictures is what happened to all the black hair that the guy in the picture had. lol Good huntin Steve------------Jack

Old Post 12-28-2014 01:00 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

LOOKING BACK

harveycmd, Yes sir I was an 80's man. Back then I hunted twice as hard as I do now and weighed about half as much, lol. Seemed I worked hard, hunted hard and played hard on very little sleep. I read some of my old diaries and the nights I hunted in a row before taking a night off and its hard to believe now. One thing I have learned over the years is hounds are like humans in that they ALL have faults and ALL disappoint us from time to time. Back then I thought Ole Bonnie treeing a handful of possums a year was just more than I could stand. But over time hounds like people are just going to do some things that we can't control or change no matter how hard we try. Once I accepted that I enjoyed hunting Bonnie twice as much, even with the occasional possum. Good luck with the skunks, and Good Hunting!
MR. Jack I will tell you where that BLACK HAIR went, YEARS and MILES! It was raining off and on today and I got to looking back on things, and yes it brought back a Lot of memories. One night we were hunting those sisters and they treed split. We got to Glenda first and she had a possum. Mr. Frank give her a whipping and we went on the 100yds to Bonnie. She had a possum so I hooked her up and told her, NO! Mr. Frank looked at me and said, " You ain't going to give her a whipping?" I told him we had been doing that for 3 years and it wasn't working so I was trying something new. He give me one of his smiles and shook his head and we got on out of there. Saying NO never worked either but Bonnie and I came to an understanding that night. She could tree a possum every now and then and I would still feed her. Lol! She is buried here on the bank of the Bogue- Chitto River with a wooden sinker cypress cross marking her grave and her old collar hanging from it. We will catch up with each other soon Mr. Jack, Take Care and Good Hunting.

Old Post 12-28-2014 03:48 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

COONS, STORM, DEER and BO

A friend of mines 13 year old son wanted to come stay a couple days and deer and coon hunt Sunday so I told him to come on over. Thad came Sunday evening but it rained all night so no coon hunting. Yesterday morning we checked a couple live traps I had out and one had an extra big coon in it. We took it behind the house about 10 yesterday morning and cut him loose, went to the kennel and cut Rain and Storm loose and walked toward where we turned him out. They hit that track and left headed upriver. Got almost out of hearing and started back our way. Coon ended up hitting the river and its up a few feet and it swept the pups down river some and they both came out on my side and came home. The big one got away, but those 2 pups smoked his butt until he hit that river. Yesterday evening Thad wanted to shoot wood ducks but I told him it was a fine evening for the deer to move so we stayed at the house watching for them. Beverly cooked supper about 5 and as I was setting down with my plate I looked out the window and a young buck wasn't 100 feet from the house under a white oak. I got the .280 out of the gun cabinet and give it to Thad and he eased out on the porch and dropped the buck in his tracks. Man was he some happy! This was his second deer to ever kill. So we hung him and skinned him and while the meat was cooling we went and took BO to Black Branch Swamp and cut him loose. Swamp is full of water everywhere. He got deep pretty quick and struck a good track and moved on out. We rode through the swamp but couldn't get any closer than 500yds from him when he treed. We got in there and he was on a huge cottonwood that was a den tree. No coon on the outside. We hooked him up and came home and deboned deer meat until 10;30pm. We going to get in the deer stands this evening and see if one of us can get that big buck. Good Hunting!
Chris, you will really like that pup out of Bocephus X Sally.

Old Post 12-30-2014 06:17 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

This is a video of BO and BELL from last night. It has been tough here lately getting after a coon with the swamp flooded and last night was no different. I cut them and they were over 900yds when Bell struck this track and BO put in with her and they went to working it farther away toward where BO ran that big coon the other night. So I fired up the 4-wheeler and went back out of Black Branch Swamp to the little county road and headed their way. When I got to where I thought they would be I pulled in the ditch to listen. They were treed but still 533yds from the road. I took key out of 4 wheeler, grabbed the gun and headed to them. I walked in shallow water the whole way. They were treed on this big cottonwood and they had him but he was in a hole about 30' up the tree and I could just see a little of his back end and tail so I left him. the video goes black for a few seconds as I get to tree because I put it in my pocket to handle the hounds. I told Beverly I want to get me one of those Garmin Elite Virb cameras so I can mount it to my bump cap or a chest mount. Santa didn't bring that and I had hinted, oh well. Going today to some hunting clubs and try to secure some more land to coon hunt on when deer season is over. I got pups to start and need some places with some EASY COON to tree. Taking Mason with me to teach him to ask permission to hunt as its not like it used to be when I was a kid. Back then it was almost no posted signs and you just crawled under the fence and went hunting. Fences back then were for livestock now there for people. Also I feel with having Mason along I stand a better chance of getting that permission. Take a cold hearted deer hunter to look at that little boy and tell him he can't come and run a mean ole coon with his pup! Lol! Good Hunting!

Old Post 01-02-2015 01:31 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

nice site, Steve

Keep the hunts/pics coming. Been out a little recently here in Iowa, but we're headed to the 'deep freeze' with snow this next week. Between you, Elmo, Mr. Jack & Darren, this will be the only way us northern guys will be able to get a coon hunting fix after that. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 01-02-2015 04:06 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KJW71266
UKC Forum Member

Boy rain sure looks like ol Dad stretched out on that tree!!! Hope she progresses well for you!

Ace (Gauge X Snooter)
1/2 of a few Gauge sons and daughters!!!
Kevin Weller
Brasher Falls NY
315-244-5574

Old Post 01-03-2015 08:49 PM
KJW71266 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KJW71266 Click here to Send KJW71266 a Private Message Click Here to Email KJW71266 Find more posts by KJW71266 Add KJW71266 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

WINTER WEATHER

Thanks Ron. The winter weather is going to hit us next week too. Not as cold as yaw but will be colder than I like. They show for Wednesday night the low 20's. We are getting lots more rain today and bad weather to go with it. Tornadoes are already being reported in the State.

Thanks Kevin. That tree Rain is on was a split double trunk tree and I think that coon came out of the water, up the few feet, and over the saddle between the 2 trunks and hit the water on the other side and kept going. Rain kept smelling that saddle and climbing through it over and over. The swamp this time of year isn't the best place in the world to start pups. Deer season will end here the weekend of Winter Classic and I have a lot better spots to hunt her then. She is going to make it, just how great she becomes remains to be seen.

We went and checked with a couple of deer hunting clubs about coon hunting after deer season closes and both told us YES. One place is 1,200 acres and the other is close to 3,000. One place is on the Tickfaw River and the other is on the Tangiphoa River and joins Percy Quinn State Park on the south end. Lots of 4-wheeler trails and that was music to my ears. Mason told them all about his coon dog pup, BO! That sealed the deal! Lol! Good Hunting!

Old Post 01-03-2015 09:47 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTING PLACES

Chris, its a Lot of posted land over here as it seems everybody leases the big chunks of land to deer hunters. Not hard to get permission from a lot of folks my family and I have known all our lives but most of it is smaller blocks that may be near a road or just pine thickets or have a house or two with barking dogs, ect. Getting Quality Big Chunks is a challenge, especially close to home. Most of the older generation have passed on and their land split up or sold to someone from the city that don't like hunters of any kind. I was glad to get these today as they have some good mature hardwood bottoms through out and lots of trails for getting around on. My grandson, Mason, who is 4 years old and I had a couple of live traps set that we checked today also and caught a big coon in one. He was really looking forward to turning it loose tonight and listening to one of our pups run and hopefully tree it but this weather messed us up. Take Care and Good Hunting.

Old Post 01-04-2015 12:54 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Hunting

Steve,
Hope things are going well. Hear you are going to get some colder weather. We are going to have a cold week ahead with highs around zero some days. I guess that makes us appreciate Spring.
Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 01-04-2015 01:39 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

SINKER CYPRESS CABINETS

http://apps2.shoot2sell.net/gallery...blvd-dallas-tx/
This is a link to a house for sale that has sinker cypress cabinets in it. The sinker came from me, pulled here on the Bogue Chitto River and I cut it with my sawmill. The guy lives in Dallas Texas and had rented a Uhaul trailer and drove from Dallas to my shop and picked it up about 3 years ago. Just thought some of yaw would like to see what Sinker looks like on the inside of a home as kitchen cabinets instead of dog houses. Click on link to view the cabinets. Pulling those huge logs was a passion of mine when I took a break from coon hunting and still is.

Old Post 01-04-2015 08:17 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

LISTENING TO GOOD RACE

PAW PAW and MASON listening to Rain and Storm run that coon this morning. We cut him loose and went back to the house and got the pups. Storm really shined on this track and hit the tree at 571yds but didn't stick. She treed about a minute and quit, came back our way some but not opening, then went back to the tree but didn't get back on it. These 2 pups can flat run a good track. The 2 coons I turned loose for them this week have left here like their tail was on fire. This will be the last of the turned out coons for both these and will hunt them off a feeder a few times to give them a good track and hopefully a couple good trees. Rain is 8 months and Storm is 7 months old. When deer season ends I will hunt each one about 4 nights a week for an hour or so each night. If I can keep them on some coon they both should be started good by the end of February. At that time I will most likely keep one and sell the other one as I am in over my head with young dogs. I just love fooling with them and watching them develop. Good Hunting!

Old Post 01-04-2015 11:46 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO in DEEP WATER

Went for a little while tonight. Swamp is flooded BAD but BO managed to put one up this small tree. I didn't think he had him but he did and since he treed it under these flooded conditions I put it out to him. Made a nice setting for some good pictures and video. I had Storm with us but as you can see, it was no conditions for a pup. I will also post picture of BO with coon and video as I know its hard to believe it was a coon up this little tree, but there was. Good Hunting in Deep Water!

Old Post 01-06-2015 01:50 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO's GHOST

This is coon I put out to BO tonight out of the little tree. I titled this BO's Ghost because it appears to be an orange collar above the water in the background with the reflection of a dogs face under it in the water, like the dog is drinking. No I'm not losing it and No I wasn't drinking. Just that its in this photo but I took two more from same spot and its not in them. I like to think it was Ole Bonnie out there with us tonight helping Bo out.

Last edited by steve bankston on 01-06-2015 at 02:06 AM

Old Post 01-06-2015 01:58 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO in DEEP WATER

Video of coon BO treed tonight.

Old Post 01-06-2015 02:48 AM