UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Is it just me??
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It would definitely not offend me if you wanted to say that.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-04-2017 05:05 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I didn't win the Overall Purina Race but UKC sent me a plaque saying that Boone was the "UKC Outstanding Redbone Coonhound" for 2015. Should I send it back? I don't know about Blueticks but when you hunt Redbones you have to take what you can get.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-04-2017 at 05:16 PM

Old Post 05-04-2017 05:13 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
You're not the only one, no. Never won a World Championship but have had the High Scoring Dog of Breed.

This is how it should be stated

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-04-2017 05:48 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

HOBO

You are correct.

So, I'll type a little slower so I don't miss any words or leave some behind---

T H E R E. I S. O N L Y. O N E. W O R L D. C H A M P I O N.

P E R. W O R L D. C H A M P I O N. H U N T.

You can be top scoring ABC breed of the Hunt or Outstanding ABC breed of the hunt but if you didn't get that number 1 placing??? Can only hope you had fun trying👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

What got me thinking about this was last weekend we went and seen Bill Engvall and one of his sets he talked about when he took on a Coaching job and the "head parent" told him, "we don't keep score". His reaction was WHAT??
She said "that way everyone's a winner". Well after the first game she came up to him and said wasn't that fun, now there's no losers. He said, really? He bent down and ask her son, what was the score and he said 9-8 we won, with that Bill said-people keep score and there can only be ONE WINNER!

Old Post 05-04-2017 06:57 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: HOBO

quote:
Originally posted by OLD TIMER
..... there can only be ONE WINNER! ...

So is everyone else a looser?

High Scoring Redbone at UKC World Championship

UKC Redbone World Champion

Hmmmm ?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-04-2017 at 07:10 PM

Old Post 05-04-2017 07:06 PM
indiana1
UKC Forum Member

2nd place = 1 st loser. I do not take away from a dog that finished high in the world hunt but he or she is also not a world champion if they were not first.

(Uchtman’s blue Amos x Uchtman’s blue Magic)
GRNTCh Lynch’s LIL BLU MAC (Walston’s Big Country x Hatcreek Kate 2)

Old Post 05-04-2017 07:13 PM
indiana1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for indiana1 Click here to Send indiana1 a Private Message Find more posts by indiana1 Add indiana1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: HOBO

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
So is everyone else a looser?

Nope! The World Champion is the WINNER....

I gotta stop agreeing with Old Timer...... People are gonna think I've started liking Redbones.....

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-04-2017 07:42 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

This years high scoring redbone at the world hunt is the high scoring dog of the breed. I can stand him being called the world champion redbone because he went the highest in his breed at the world hunt. I consider this dog singled out for this achievement. Just not a big deal to me...
I can a whole lot better take this than some idiot calling his puppies "out of Mr. Clean", or "Jet 5 pups" and the puppies are actually great grand pups.

Old Post 05-04-2017 10:01 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, don't go there. How about "goes back to" when the dog they go back to is 7 generations back.

Old Post 05-04-2017 10:32 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I think the problem here is some guys can't comprehend the difference between a world champion and a breed world champion. just like some fellows think that, just because they hunt a walker they think there team (walker breed) has won. but hey reality check if a walker wins it doesn't mean your hunting a world champion or even close to 1 for that matter just because you hunt a walker.
of coarse I am sure it is better than all the other breed champions!

Old Post 05-05-2017 12:33 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
I think the problem here is some guys can't comprehend the difference between a world champion and a breed world champion. just like some fellows think that, just because they hunt a walker they think there team (walker breed) has won. but hey reality check if a walker wins it doesn't mean your hunting a world champion or even close to 1 for that matter just because you hunt a walker.
of coarse I am sure it is better than all the other breed champions!

Good post, Pam. I like it.

Old Post 05-05-2017 12:38 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fire Archer
UKC Forum Member

Maybe NASCAR will start crowning champions for each manufacturer now too. That's ridiculous. If you don't get first place you might as well be last. Why would you call a dog that got 45th place a World Champion?

Old Post 05-05-2017 01:47 AM
Fire Archer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fire Archer Click here to Send Fire Archer a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Archer Add Fire Archer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Howard
UKC Forum Member

World Champion

I have to agree with Old Timer. When I think World Champion. I think of the one that made it to the finals beat the others and took 1st Place.
High scoring dog of breed at the World hunt, Nice. But not a World Champion.

PKC CH County Line Big'N, Natural (RIP) Independent.
County Line Sod Buster (Big'n x Bev)$ Brains, Accurate a Pleasure to hunt..
County Line Alittle Ambraw Pepper(Big'n x Jenny)
Line bred Pups Buster x Pepper 12/09/16
Working to rebuild some of the old Ambraw blood line.
(618) 214-1695

LUCK-Is when opportunity & Preperation Meet

Old Post 05-05-2017 02:12 AM
Randy Howard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Howard Click here to Send Randy Howard a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Howard Find more posts by Randy Howard Add Randy Howard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote