UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > At Stud Ch. GR.Nite Ch Wild n Blue Chief performance and pkc S.S. Sire
Pages (34): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I have hunted Joe by him self for the last month. I wanted to see him with some other dogs so I called a friend to come over for a hunt. He brought his 3 year old S.R. bred female and his 6 year old English male. It was very windy and was raining. 1st drop dogs struck at about 250 yards. they pretty much all opened at the same time. They took a track about 500 yards. With the wind and rain it was very hard to hear. We moved up about 200 yards stopped to listen. All 3 dogs had treed. When we got to them they where treed on a small apple tree, With the coon at the top about 15 feet up. 2nd drop. Wind and rain had stopped and Moon was full. The dogs opened off the lead. At first I thought mine had babbled, but they never shut down and took the track out. Joe treed and the other 2 kept working. We waited a few minutes and went into Joe. We couldn't find the coon, but their was a hole at the bottom of the tree. The female came in while we where shining. We walked about 15 yards off the tree and recasted. Joe and the female struck again and went 580 yards to the west and did a big u back toward us. The male was working a track to the west behind us. Joe located on a couple of trees but did not want to take them. The female was about 100 yards to the south of him. Joe moved north about 100 yards and treed. The female backed him. The tree was slick. while we where shinning the male came in .We headed back to the truck. The cloud cover had moved out and is was clear and bright. I didn't like the slick, But I did like some things I seen out of Joe. On the 1st tree you could not ask for 3 dogs to tree any harder then they did. 2 males and a female on a small tree, all willing to share any part off the tree. Joe showed he could take pressure, and stay treed. He all so showed some independence. I have a female in her 8th day of her heat cycle 2 pens down from Joe, and his mind was on hunting and nothing else.

Last edited by davemc on 03-24-2016 at 10:42 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2016 09:03 AM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Hoss hunt

We dropped off Joe and the English male. We took Hoss and Dons S.R. female. I enjoy hunting with Don. To tell you the type of hunter he is. He started at 7am. with his coyote dogs. went home ate his super and coon hunted with me till about 1 am. He also sees and tells it like it is good or bad. 1st drop Hoss babbled off the lead bad. The dogs went 480 yards west then split up. Dons female went north another 3 to 4 hundred yards and circled back in behind us. Hoss went to the south about 300 yards circled back in to us. The truck was about 50 yards from where we where standing. Don put the lead on his female. Hoss tested me and lost. when I called him he started up the road. I give him a nick with the shock collar. He stopped looked and started to head out again. This time he got more than a nick. I got his attention. This time when I called he came straight to me. 2nd drop Hoss again babbled off the lead. This time I nicked him with the shock collar. The dogs struck at about 250 yards. They took the track west, then back to the south and treed at around 550 yards from us. Dons female treed 1st and Hoss backed her. Both dogs treed hard and sounded good. they treed in a thicket of dogwood and thorn bushes on a small cherry tree. The tree was slick. I was surprised not to see a coon. Dons female doesn't miss much. we called it a night

Last edited by davemc on 03-25-2016 at 12:34 AM

Old Post 03-24-2016 11:18 AM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Don and Nick came over last night. They brought 3 dogs with them, A young littermate to Hoss , 3 year old S.R female and 6 year old Nite Ch, S.R. female that needs a win to be a GR. Nite. I took Joe, Don took his 3 year old female and nick had his pup. It was a nice night, good cloud cover with a light rain. 1st drop Joe struck than the female at about 100 yards. It was a hot track that went about 150 yards. Dons female treed first with Joe right behind her. They where treed on an ash tree with two coon in it. We walked about 30 yards from the tree and cut again. Joe struck a old track about 150 yards in front of us. Joe beat and banged on the track. He finally started to get it lined out went about 200 yards straight south. He got into a swap and hung up on track again. He located on a couple of trees but couldn't get it figured out. Don female was about 150 to 200 yards to the east working an area around a small pond. She had not opened. Joe was still working on his when the female fell treed. Joe picked up his head and went to her and covered her. I thought about shocking him on his way over to her for leaving his track to cover her, but didn't. I have to think that one over, pros and cons either way. [anyone has an opinion let me know what you would have done and why] We went to the tree and it was slick. We went back to the house to switch up dogs. I took Hoss Don took his older female and Nick took his pup. The rain was coming down a little harded now. We cut lose to the south of the dirt road we were on. I was happy to see that Hoss did not give a single off bark. Dons female went to the west and cut back across the road to the north. Hoss went south. Hoss opened at 250 yards and took a track 670 yards then shut down. I was pretty sure he popped a deer. [I will fix that next time out] Dons female treed to north about 300 yards. Hoss came back in as we walked to Dons female Hoss went in and covered her. She had the coon. Them older hounds sure do make things look a lot easier. we called it a night

Last edited by davemc on 03-25-2016 at 03:27 PM

Old Post 03-25-2016 01:46 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

We're still in the hunt

The pup on the right is the one we brought over the other night.

Video

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 03-29-2016 at 02:43 PM

Old Post 03-29-2016 01:36 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

road trip

I just came home from a road trip. I headed south to NC. than back up north to Shipshewana IN. then back home. I was planning on hunting in IN. for one night, But the timing just didn't work out the way I wanted. I left at 2 am on Tue. Dropped of a dog in Va. Went over to NC. and picked up one then back up to In. I didn't get to In. till 11:30 pm. Tue. eve. I picked up Hawk and Three six month old pups Wed. am and headed for home. I arrived home at 6:30 pm. My plan was to hunt Wed. eve in In. but I was beat, and wanted to get home. I picked up a 2 year old male out of Chief x Josie in NC. and a littermate to Hoss, In Indiana [Chief x Jewell ] I also bought three pups from Mr. Miller out of GR.nite Ch.Shipshewana Blue Oakie. Oakie is Chiefs littermate brother. The mom of the pups is out of B&D Spike and Chief and Oakkie's mom Shipshewana Sis. My plan is to pick the one I like the best and sell the other two. All three are treeing on sent. I will give the males a couple of days to get use to me, Then its off to the woods.

Last edited by davemc on 03-31-2016 at 12:19 PM

Old Post 03-31-2016 12:08 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Pups Pedigree

-----------Grnite coz spare time Spanky
-------Grnite Mann's wild-b-blue Spanky
-----------Grnite Mead's Sioux valley woody
---Grnite Mann's wild-b-blue pounder
-----------Neibarger's Dixie blue
-------Lingo's blue Jill
-----------Nitech gibbs trade dog
Ch Grnite Shipshewana Blue Oakie
-----------Handy's bluetack
-------Grnite smokey river blue Fred
-----------Smokey river jbs chief sadie
---Millers shipshewana blue sis
-----------Nitech smokey river jbs chief
-------Nitech hunt creek blue dot
-----------ch hunt creek blue kari

3 new pups

---------------Gr Nt Ch B&D's Mr. Blue
----------Ch Gr Nt Ch B&D's Blue Spike
---------------Gr Nt Ch Ferris' Blue Kelly
-----PR Shipshewana Blue Sis II
---------------Gr Nt Ch Smokey River Fred
----------Shipshewana Blue Sis
---------------Nt Ch. Hunt Creek Blue Dot

Last edited by davemc on 01-23-2016 at 04:15 PM

Last edited by davemc on 04-02-2016 at 12:50 PM

Old Post 04-02-2016 11:43 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt on hold

It was 15 degrees yesterday am. and 14 this am. We have about 6 inches of snow, and high winds. Going to warm up wed. should be back at it wed. night. I like my new pups. They all have good mouths and are bold. Hope to get Rabies shot in to them this weekend, and start on some release training next week. New Males have been to vet, up dated on shots, and checked out clean on snap test. Looking forward to hunting them.

Last edited by davemc on 04-05-2016 at 11:08 AM

Old Post 04-05-2016 11:01 AM
BEST EVER
Banned

Should be a real nice cross. Good luck with them.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 04-05-2016 09:49 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

pups

thanks Cory, They are nice pups. Mr. miller did a nice job raising them. all very bold and act great. All 3 are going to have good mouths. take care and good luck with your hounds.

Old Post 04-07-2016 12:05 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Last nights hunt. mark came over with his 16 month old Black dog and I took Freeze. It was a night of working on young dogs more than a hunt. 1st drop freeze and the Black dog struck at about 150 yards. It sounded like junk right off the bat. We have about 2 inches of snow on the ground so it was easy to be sure. I walked to where they had struck seen the Deer tracks, and pulled the trigger on the shocker. Mark also did his. They both got the message quick. Freeze froze in his tracks and did not move for a few minutes. Then he came into me and was glued to my side. Marks dog had gone about 800 yards deeper into the woods. We walked towards Marks dog and Freeze would not leave my side. I seen 2 more Deer bedded down about 50 yards from us. The black dog ended up at some ones house, and we went and picked him up. The guy at the house was super nice, we thanked him and left. 2nd drop. I went to one of my honey holes. Mark left his dog on the lead until Freeze struck. Freeze struck right in front of us. mark cut his dog in. This was the 1st time the black dog had ever been shocked and he didn't want to open. They took the track about 600 yards, we went back to the truck to get closer. when we got back to the truck the Garmins showed the dogs treed. The wind was blowing hard the same direction as the dogs so it was hard to hear them good. We drove with in 150 yards of the dogs and got out of the truck. Both dogs had shut up. My Garmin still showed Freeze treed. Marks dog was a little to the right. I walked toward Freeze with my light off. twice he barked abut 10 times. Garmin was still showing him treed at about 75 yards. I turned my light on and shined it in his direction. As soon as I did he came to me and was glued too my side. after a few minutes he went back out to the black dog. He opened and took a track 200 yards west. The black dog was with him but would only give a few squeaks on the track. We decided to gather the dogs up. I drove the truck 100 yards past them. When we got out of the truck neither dog was barking. My garmin showed Freeze treed. I walked towards him with my light off. When I was 20 yards from him I turned on my light . both dogs where on the side of the tree looking up. As soon as freeze seen my light he was once again glued to me. The black dog stayed at the tree. Once we got in to the tree the black dog began to tree. freeze walked in with me and kept jumping up on me. I tied him back and did some squalling and he began to tree. I petted him up and he finally started treeing right. I took the lead off and let him tree with out being tied back. It was a pine tree and we couldn't find the coon. I let freeze tree for a few minutes before we went back to the truck and called it a night.
Now I will tell you about freeze. I bought him last week. He was raised in SC. He was doing a good Job for his owner but he could not break him off possums, and was sold. The person I bought him from was shocking him hard at the tree when he treed a possum. And I mean hard. When I bought him I was told that he doesn't think he will tree any more possums, but he was messed up from the shocking collar. I would say that he is afraid to tree anything with you near him right now. Freeze has always been a good treed dog. I feel it will all come back with a little work and time to get his head back on straight. I will take my time with him. I think he will put it back together again. I going to bring up a couple of Videos that franklin posted a year ago, before Freeze was shocked at the tree.

Last edited by davemc on 04-07-2016 at 05:37 PM

Old Post 04-07-2016 01:01 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Chief X josie pup treed on a full moon night last night with the coon

quote:
Originally posted by sfranklin
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7051bx9m...Ws9ssBGFoPDD0la

Old Post 04-07-2016 01:48 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Chief X josie another full moon with the coon

quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tyu9298m...1nO10U7XaKh4Eka

Old Post 04-07-2016 01:49 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: cheif X josie pup with meat

quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/hud47kfo...HSVrYIYfeKCfl7a

Old Post 04-07-2016 01:57 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I broke out Chief last night. I think the last time he was out was back in Nov. 1st drop chief struck at 325 yards, took a hot track about 250 yards and treed on a big Hemlock. It took me a few minutes but I found the coon. The whole time walking in and while looking for the coon, Chief never missed a beat. I started back to the truck. I was about 150 yards from the tree and Chief was opening on the lead. I cut him lose and he went back to the tree. I went back to the tree and give him a couple of smacks with the lead strap and cut him to the west. He took off, struck again at about 275 yards. Chief took the track another 400 yards first to the west then to the north. He treed on a large maple and had the coon on the outside. I went back to the truck and moved to a different spot. 3rd drop I cut him across an open field. He was across the field into the timber as fast as his fat out of shape body would get him their. I was talking on my cell phone as he hunted out. I never heard him open but when I got off the phone I could hear him treed. He was treed at .65 miles. I was able to drive the truck within 300 yards of him. He sure sounded good. He was treeing hard and never missed a beat. Chief was treed on a small maple tree with a coon. I took Chief home, and Garbed Freeze. It was 11 pm. The Moon was a 1/4 full and the frost had set in heavy. I cut Freeze. He didn't want to leave at first. I give him a few pats on the side, He wined a bit and started out slowly. he got out about 150 yards and opened. he took a track 175 yards west then 160 yards north then back south and treed on a den tree 200 yards from me. He was a little Leary when I went in, But continued to tree. I pulled him off the den tree. I walked about 25 yards from the tree and cut him. Freeze started back to the tree, I yelled no, He came back to me. he walked beside me for about 30 yards. I stopped and he hunted out in front of me. Freeze struck at 200 yards took a track threw the woods into a swamp, back into the hard woods and come treed. He took the track a total of a little over 800 yards. He did a nice job on the track. When he hit the tree he did it in style. It was the hardest I have heard him tree. This time when I got to the tree he was belly up, with out a second thought of what I was doing. He was treed on a hemlock, covered by other hemlocks. I couldn't find the coon. I petted him up for a minute. Than I went and sat on a log for a few minutes, and let him tree. I started to get cold so we started back to the truck and called it a night.

Last edited by davemc on 04-14-2016 at 12:19 PM

Old Post 04-13-2016 01:46 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

road trip

I went to IN. to pick up a 7 month old female directly of Pounder. [Thanks Mackie, she looks and acts good, with nice mouth to boot!] I will back in woods tonight.

Old Post 04-16-2016 07:37 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I hunted freeze last night. Treed a den. bumped a deer. I lightly tapped him with collar, and he was done for the night. He wouldn't hunt out after taping him. I walked him around for a little while. Moon was bright, coon didn't seem to be moving. Was hoping I could walk him over one to get him back on track. The shocking collar sure has his head twisted. will try again tonight.

Old Post 04-17-2016 01:02 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I give Freeze a night to think about things. Hunted Chief and pup. Made 2 trees a den and a coon. Pup tagged along with me. 780 yards and 950 yards. No track fell treed on both.

Old Post 04-18-2016 08:13 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I had a friend come over with his nice young SR. female and I took Freeze. 1st drop freeze struck and took a hot track 300 yards west, than turned south. It was junk I buzzed him twice with no results. Than I tapped him with the collar. He immediately shut down. Female was in same area but never opened. Female struck at about 400 yards, Freeze joined in. They worked the track in a swap for awhile than lined it out to the east. They took the track another 450 yards and come treed. We drove the wheeler with in 300 yards. They where treed on a hemlock covered by 5 or 6 other hemlocks. We couldn't find the coon, but we couldn't see the hole tree. We started back to the wheeler. Freeze opened on the lead, so we cut them lose. They took a track about 500 yards and come treed. The wheeler was 200 yards to the west. The dogs where treed to the east. We went back to the wheeler and drove 300 yards from them. We stopped and listened. Both dogs where treeing hard. I new we could drive to the other side and get close to the dogs. I drove the wheeler 75 yards from the tree. As I was driving in Freeze left. He was out about 250 yards doing nothing but standing in one spot. The female was treed on a small maple with a coon. I called freeze and he wouldn't come. I started to him and he began to head the other direction. I toned him with the collar. then buzzed him. He stopped but would not come in. I very lightly tapped him with low level on the collar. Worked great. I watched the yards click off till he was back at the tree. With a little encouragement he began to tree again. Both dogs were rewarded. 3rd drop Freeze opened at about 350 yards and worked a bad old track. Female never opened. when the dogs got over 700 yards away we moved to the other side of the block to get closer. The female was treed, and Freeze backed her. They had treed about a 1/2 mile from where we had cut them. We drove the wheeler about 350 yards from them. We went in and both dogs had treed slick. We called it a night. Freeze is making some improvement, but still is a little tree shy from being shocked on possums at the tree. He is staying treed when you walk in. You can tell he is still nerves about things. When you get close he doesn't tree as hard and when you get about 5 to10 feet from the tree he comes back and rub up against me. He is also very shy of the wheeler. But with time I think he will put it all together again.

Last edited by davemc on 04-20-2016 at 02:22 PM

Old Post 04-20-2016 01:13 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Chief's wild n blue KC picked up a best of show win yesterday. Then afterwards, made quick work of putting a coon up

GRNITECH PR WILD N BLUE CHIEF X PR JENNINGS BLUE RIVER JEWELL(spike/Lou)

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Old Post 04-23-2016 11:14 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Dave, thought I would put Chief back on top with this photo.
Lotsagrit Wild N Blue Jazz
975+
0-
0 Circle
2016 Bluetick Grand Reunion
1st place registered and High Scoring Dog Saturday Night.
(Wild N Blue Chief x Jennings Blue River Jewel)

Old Post 04-24-2016 04:22 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

Dave, thought I would put Chief back on top with this photo.
Lotsagrit Wild N Blue Jazz
975+
0-
0 Circle
2016 Bluetick Grand Reunion
1st place registered and High Scoring Dog Saturday Night.
(Wild N Blue Chief x Jennings Blue River Jewel)

Very nice win with a nice young dog!

Congratulations, and keep up the great work!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 04-25-2016 02:39 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I hunted Freeze last night. It was cloudy with a misty rain, and was 33 degrees. After several nights with a full moon, I felt coon should be moving good tonight. 1st drop Freeze struck at 150 yards along a creek bed. The track never went more than 150 yards in any direction. freeze circled the track in a small area and come treed on a big Maple den tree. I figure it was probably a sow that came down for a little food and drink. I pulled him off the den, walked about 25 yards and recasted him. He wanted to go back to the tree, but with one No Freeze, He headed up the creek. Freeze struck again along the creek bed about 300 yards to the west of the den tree. He worked the track in a small area for a long time. as I watched on the Garmin, twice he shut down and did two big circles around the area that he was beating and banging on the track. After the second time he circled he came back in opened again and come treed. He was treed on a small ash with two coon in it. I didn't like the beating and banging, But He did a nice job trying to move the track out before he picked his tree. It was nice to be able to watch the Garmin to see what he did when he shut down on the track. Freeze did a good Job figuring things out, But was way to slow in doing it. It was starting to rain harder. Cold, Rain, and my hips said it was time to call it a night.

Last edited by davemc on 04-27-2016 at 12:30 PM

Old Post 04-27-2016 12:22 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

hunted Freeze made two trees a den and a coon

Old Post 05-01-2016 02:36 PM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Put some more $$$ in Chief's pup earnings last night.

Old Post 05-01-2016 04:59 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

freeze?

Is that my old freeze dog I sold to a guy in union?

Old Post 05-05-2016 07:28 PM
sfranklin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sfranklin Click here to Send sfranklin a Private Message Click Here to Email sfranklin Find more posts by sfranklin Add sfranklin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote