UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > At Stud Ch. GR.Nite Ch Wild n Blue Chief performance and pkc S.S. Sire
Pages (34): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: freeze?

quote:
Originally posted by sfranklin
Is that my old freeze dog I sold to a guy in union?

yes it is. I dare say he wont tree any more grinners. but its going to take some time and work to make him right. He is doing better every time I take him. but he is still very nervous around the tree. I think I can get him back to where he was with you. I have had to bump him with the collar on a couple of deer, and that set him back a little. I have put a little meat in his mouth. That is the best way I know to build up his confidence. I will keep posting how he dose on the computer. if I can get him right he will make a nice dog.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-06-2016 01:11 AM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

freeze

I regret selling him .. sounds like he shocked him way to many times

Old Post 05-06-2016 10:57 AM
sfranklin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sfranklin Click here to Send sfranklin a Private Message Click Here to Email sfranklin Find more posts by sfranklin Add sfranklin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: freeze

quote:
I regret selling him .. sounds like he shocked him way to many times

Its not that he shocked him to many times, Its the way he shocked him. He shocked him hard on the 1st two possums he treed. On the 3rd one two other dogs treed. He watched Freeze on the Garmin circle the tree, Freeze would not go in and tree. When they got to the tree they had a possum. Freeze came in after they arrived at the tree. He didn't even put a lead on him, he just started to fry him. He told me that Freeze was rolling on his back and craping and urinating all over. After he stopped shocking him he took of running. Then he could not catch him so he shocked him for that. the dog froze at 800 yards and lied on his belly till he walked in and put a leash on him. I took a chance and bought him. Hoping I could fix him. what I didn't know was that he was running him with dogs that where also running Junk. 1st couple of times I hunted him we had snow on the ground. easy to tell what dogs are running when you can see the tracks. I have had to bump him for off game a couple of times. it only takes the nick button to get him to stop, But it pretty much screws him up for the night. The last to times out before tonight he has done good. Two dens and two coon on the outside. Tonight he popped a fox and I had to tap him with the collar. He came back in and I moved to a another spot. he took a cold track over a 1/2 mile did a real nice job on the track set up a tree then shut down barking. I was 700 yards from him. The garmin showed him treed the whole time I walked to him. I got about 150 yards from him and he came into me. On the nights I don't have to use the collar he trees good. But if I have to use it he really gets mixed up. I got up at 2 am to go hunting, so the track was probably an old feeder track. If I can ever get him right he will be a super nice dog. Good mouth Real nice tree dog, good cold noise. I like what I see on the Garmin on the old tracks. If he bogs down on a track. he makes 50 to 100 yard circular swings till he lines it out again. I hope I can fix him. He was pretty near ruined when I got him.

Last edited by davemc on 05-06-2016 at 01:28 PM

Old Post 05-06-2016 01:16 PM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

freeze

I never had him touch off game . I've seen this dog tree right beside deer at the tree I've seen him blow through hogs and didn't make a bark the only reason I sold him because he treed a few opposum but if I new the guy was gone ruin him i would've never sold him. He was a pretty nice dog when I had him and was going to make a dog .

Old Post 05-06-2016 01:51 PM
sfranklin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sfranklin Click here to Send sfranklin a Private Message Click Here to Email sfranklin Find more posts by sfranklin Add sfranklin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Hope you get Freeze lined out. He sounds like he has some tools to get the job done.

Old Post 05-06-2016 01:53 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

freeze

He treed coons here in south Carolina swamps and waist deep water

Old Post 05-06-2016 01:56 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I never had him touch off game . I've seen this dog tree right beside deer at the tree I've seen him blow through hogs and didn't make a bark the only reason I sold him because he treed a few opposum but if I new the guy was gone ruin him i would've never sold him. He was a pretty nice dog when I had him and was going to make a dog .

I think I can get the dog back to where he was. He just needs meat in his mouth, And he will forget about the bad experience he has had. Right now I cant give him any. He is to much of a tree dog, and hates a coon to much not to come back into it. Freeze has a good home and is getting the best of care.

Old Post 05-07-2016 11:03 PM
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

great

I would be interested in another pup of chief

Old Post 05-07-2016 11:07 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: great

quote:
I would be interested in another pup of chief

I have two females I plan on breeding to Chief this year. I took a break on raising pups. Its a lot of work to raise pups the way they should be raised. Shots, worming's, fresh bedding ever day, flea and tick control, and keeping all the health records and paper work properly. Over the years I have purchased many pups with out a single health record. I have also Bred two nice young males out of Chief. I plan on PKC SS both of these litters. One litter is due the end of May. I want them to go to people that will put the necessary time and evert to make the most of them. The Chief pups will for sale. If you want one out of one of his Sons, You can have one free if you promise to pay up the PKC SS. take care Dave

Last edited by davemc on 05-09-2016 at 01:09 PM

Old Post 05-09-2016 01:01 PM
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

sounds good

Just keep me posted and let me know when there ready

Old Post 05-09-2016 01:11 PM
JerryMcCulligh
UKC Forum Member

hey dave put me down for a male out of chief .do you want me to send you a deposit or better yet iwill just send you all the money now.

Old Post 05-11-2016 02:09 AM
JerryMcCulligh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JerryMcCulligh Click here to Send JerryMcCulligh a Private Message Click Here to Email JerryMcCulligh Find more posts by JerryMcCulligh Add JerryMcCulligh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

No worries

Don't worry about the call. It was storming her last night and my back has been jacked up so I was being lazy.
My cell number is 812-584-7402. If I'm hunting I'll have that on me.

Make sure you check out the Fall SS sires in Sophomore Division too.

http://www.prohound.com/results/77-...3&Year=2016

Last edited by Rowdy on 05-11-2016 at 11:43 AM

Old Post 05-11-2016 11:38 AM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JerryMcCulligh
hey dave put me down for a male out of chief .do you want me to send you a deposit or better yet iwill just send you all the money now.

Jerry just shoot me your Phone number. I will let you know as soon as I get a female bred. I don't did a deposit. I will put you down for a pick male. I have a female out of Gr. Nite Oz [Pie x Alice cross] and Juice [Son x Cheddar Rae cross] She should be coming in soon. take care Dave

Last edited by davemc on 05-12-2016 at 11:30 AM

Old Post 05-12-2016 10:33 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: No worries

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy
Don't worry about the call. It was storming her last night and my back has been jacked up so I was being lazy.
My cell number is 812-584-7402. If I'm hunting I'll have that on me.

Make sure you check out the Fall SS sires in Sophomore Division too.

http://www.prohound.com/results/77-...3&Year=2016

Chris I forget it doesn't get dark till 9:30. I loaded up the dog about 8. Than I worked in the yard till dark, Put on my boots and light and headed to the woods. I kind of lost track of time. Next time I will send a text before I leave to see if your out. sorry for the unconvinced Take care Dave

Last edited by davemc on 05-12-2016 at 10:44 AM

Old Post 05-12-2016 10:35 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I have hunted Freeze last 2 nights. Tue. I went out a dark and hunted till about 1 am. I made 2 trees and run one into a junk pile. 1st one was a short track that ended up on a big Den Tree. Wasn't much of a run. Freeze set the tree up nice, and treed good. 2nd one was a older track that ended up in a junk pile. 3rd drop Freeze did a nice job on a cold track. The Garmin showed freeze took the track a total of .78 miles. It started out as a very cold track. He worked it up to what I would call a medium type track, judging by the mouth he was using on the ground. He ended up treed on a Big hollow Maple Tree. Freeze treed hard. I was very happy with the job he did from track to tree. He is starting to flip back in the right direction.

Last nights hunt, or todays what ever you want to call it. I didn't get to bed till about 1:30 Tue. I was up at 6:00 am wed. I knew if I sat in my recliner and waited for dark I would be sawing zees by dark. I did that Monday night and never made it to the woods. I went to bed early and got up at 2:30 am to hunt. I only made one drop with Freeze, It was a good one. freeze got struck on a cold track as soon as I cut him. I was walking on the edge of the field and woods. Their was 4 Deer Bedded down about 40 yards from me. Freeze took the track in a big lope and back to he edge. He ended up tracking right threw the Deer. They jumped up right in front of him. He paid no attention to them. [I think his Deer problem has been solved] He ended up tacking the track threw a swamp, down a creek back up the edge, threw the other end of the swamp and treed about 100 yards into the woods from the swamp. He threw his best locate and treed the best since I have owned him. He was treed on a Maple that tied into a big group of hemlocks. I couldn't find the coon. when I got back to the truck it was 4:30. I thought about turning lose again, but decided to end on a good note.

Last edited by davemc on 05-12-2016 at 11:33 AM

Old Post 05-12-2016 11:29 AM
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

freeze

Sounds good I've turned him loose right on top of deer and he wouldn't touch them. I'm glad he's turning back to his old self for you dave

Old Post 05-12-2016 11:34 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I got up at 2:30 am and hit the timber at 3:00 am. We had rain yesterdayand early last night. It was a nice night with a slight breeze. I hunted Hoss. Its been a while since I have had him out. 1st and only drop I made. Hoss went hunting good. He struck on a tree at about 325 yards with one locate. I watched him on the Garmin as him work an area of about 200 yards by 200 yards. he came back 2 more times and located on the same tree. 2nd time he located it was again just one bark. 3rd time he came in and located about 15 or 20 times, but would not stick it. I marked the tree and waited. When Hoss had moved about 300 yards to the south and had given a couple of ground barks I went in to the tree he had been locating on. It was a small Maple with a split up the middle. I didn't see anything inside or out. Hoss ended up about 900 yards from where I had cut him lose, treed on a big Hemlock. It took him a while to get their, and he marked a couple more trees on his way. The Hemlock was a big one with one side open and the other side covered by 5 or 6 more large Hemlocks. I looked for about 20 minutes but never could get an eye with my dim lens, or a body with my bright light. Hoss treed hard and sounded good. When I got back to the truck it was 5:00 am. We headed for home.

Last edited by davemc on 05-14-2016 at 10:29 PM

Old Post 05-14-2016 02:10 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Sounds good I've turned him loose right on top of deer and he wouldn't touch them. I'm glad he's turning back to his old self for you dave

Savalas
Freeze is coming along. I have only hunted him one time with another dog. The dog that I hunted with has a medium to hot nose. Its hard for me to judge him by himself, But he seems to be a very cold nosed dog. When I watch on the Garmin I like the way he picks up a lose on track. He dose big figure 8s or circles till he lines it back out. Chris hunted him most of the time with other dogs. He told me he would open sometimes as much as 5 minutes before the other dogs joined in. The Garmins would show the other dogs with him, and they would join in when he warmed it up. Freeze is also getting hunted on dry ground with some small swamps, that you guys would probably call mud puddles. I will keep putting the time into him. I don't know if he will suit me or not. He may be a little colder nose than I like. He also uses more mouth than I like. He is starting to tighten up some on the ground the more I hunt him. I will start to work him in some with other dogs. But he will be hunted by himself most of the time. He still is a little corky sometimes, But I believe he is over the hump and headed in the right direction. Take care Dave

Last edited by davemc on 05-16-2016 at 02:17 PM

Old Post 05-15-2016 01:10 PM
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

good deal

Dave that's the only way I hunted was by his self even when I hunted with my friends we would cut one one place and drive up the road and cut another one glad to know he's getting better for you . Keep me posted

Old Post 05-15-2016 02:09 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Just got in from hunting Freeze. It started out very windy with a very light rain. 1st drop Freeze struck at 250 yards. He took the track about 175 yards to the west. then turned to the south and went about 250 yards. Then he came back east in a small u and with in a few yards from where he struck. He headed to the north about 450 yards threw a nice locate and flipped it over. Freeze was treed on a big ash tree with the coon. He did a nice job. 2nd drop It was starting to rain harder, But the wind had died down. I went to one of my honey holes. Freeze struck at 175 yards. He worked an area of about 400 yards doing a lot of circling and zigzagging. He lined it out and went about 275 yards threw a nice locate and come treed. It was a big Maple Den tree. Much to my surprise the coon was on the out side. The rain was coming down harder so I called it a short night. The last 3 nights I have hunted Freeze a have not had to use any juice on him. He has cleaned himself up on any junk, and is putting it together again. Its starting to get fun to hunt him.

Last edited by davemc on 05-17-2016 at 10:29 AM

Old Post 05-17-2016 04:53 AM
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

freeze

Is turning it on like the old freeze

Old Post 05-17-2016 11:11 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Ugly that is the only way I can describe last nights hunt. I hunted Freeze, And I friend came over with his 1 year old black dog. It was a full moon and a clear night. 1st drop Freeze struck a track at 200 yards. He took the track about a 1/2 mile and treed. We where hunting of the side by side [I call the unit] As we moved to get closer the Garmin had showed the dogs treed. We drove 53 yards from the dogs. When I shut the unit off it was silent. The dogs had come out to meet us. Freeze acted spooky and did not want to go back to the tree. We waited and Freeze went back in and treed. It was a medium size tree covered with vines in a bunch of multi flower rose bush's. I could see the tree good. It was slick. This was only the black dogs 2nd time to the woods. She opened some on track and went hunting good and stayed out with freeze all the time the whole night. 2nd drop Freeze got struck marked a couple of trees, set one up for a minute and kept going. The dogs ended up about 600 yards from us by the framers house of the land we was hunting on. I hit the tone button on the Garmin called Freeze and he came back in. We put the lead on the dogs and moved. We cut the dogs lose on the north side of the dirt road. They cut back across the road on the south side. It always irritates me when a dog doesn't go the way I send them. They ended up back on the north side and struck. They worked the track 900 yards, Tapped a couple trees and continued on. We hopped in the unit and moved up. We got with in 200 yards. We stopped and listened to them run. The track would go hot, then they would throw some locates and move on. They went out another 700 yards and then back in again. After about 45 minutes we decided to call them in. I toned Freeze He came with in 253 yards of me stopped and stayed in the same spot. I called but he just stayed in that spot. We walked into the dogs and they where in a big beaver swamp. I called Freeze and he swung to the south and made his way back to me. The pup was about 100 yards in barking but would not come to us. We could see her looking at us. Mark took to steps toward her and was up to his waist in water. Mark said lets just walk away and make her come. It worked as we turned to walk away she swam across and come to us. we called it a night.

Last edited by davemc on 05-19-2016 at 02:52 PM

Old Post 05-19-2016 02:48 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Got up early AM. I made one drop with freeze he run a cold track for 35 minutes. Ended up treed a 960 yards on a Den tree.

Old Post 05-20-2016 03:17 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Joe x Bess

I have a litter of pups due in the next couple of days out of Joe and Bess. I want to try to put these pups in the right hands. Pups will be PKC SS. The price on the pups will be determined by who gets them and how much they will be hunted. If you are interested in a pup contact me. I will post them for sale in a few days. Savalas if you want one of the pups, You can have one. Its up to you yo find a way to get him there. I will help any way I can. Same thing goes for you Perry. thanks Dave I will put Pedigree below.

Last edited by davemc on 05-27-2016 at 11:54 AM

Old Post 05-27-2016 11:40 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Joe x Bess pups Ped.

Joe's Pedigree
----------------------------------GRNITECH GRCH PR RUSS TREEIN BLUE LUKE
---------------------------------------GRNIECH PR COZ SPARE TIME SPANKY
---------------------------------------------PR JUNKYARD BLUE PEG
----------------------------GRNITECH PR MANN'S WILD-N-BLUE SPANKY
--------------------------------------------- PR NEIBARGER'S WARRIOR II
--------------------------------------- PR NEIBARGER'S DIXIE BLUE
---------------------------------------------PR NEIBARGER'S BLUE BABE
--------------- GRNITECH PR MANN'S WILD-N-BLUE POUNDER
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR NOTHERN BLUE JET V
--------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR MEAD'S SIOUX VALLEY WOODY
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR SIOUX VALLEY FLY II
---------------------------- PR LINGO'S BLUE JILL
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH NOTHER BLUE JET V
--------------------------------------- NITECH PR GIBB'S TRADE DOG
--------------------------------------------- PR TIMBER CREEK ANNE
CH GRNITECH PR MANNS WILD-N-BLUE CHIEF
---------- --------------------------------- GRNITECH PR GOOSE CREAK TACK II
--------------------------------------- PR HANDY'S BLUETACK
--------------------------------------------- PR MISTY BLUE FANCY
---------------------------- GRNITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER BLUE FRED
--------------------------------------------- NITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER JBS CHIEF
------------------------------- PR SMOKEY RIVER JBS CHIEF SADIE
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH CH PR SMOKEY RIVER JEAN'S BLUE LEARY
---------------- PR MILLERS SHIPSHEWANA BLUE SIS
--------------------------------------------- NITECH PR DRYFORK BLUE SPUD
--------------------------------- NITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER JBS CHIEF
--------------------------------------------- PR SMOKEY RIVER BB'S J-BELL
----------------------------NITECH CH PR HUNTING CREEK BLUE DOT
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR HILL'S AR. BLUE
---------------------------------- CH PR HUNTING CREEK BLUE KARI
--------------------------------------------- PR HILL'S BLUE TINy
PR McGinnis Blue Joe
--------------------------------------------- CH GRNITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER CHIEFS BL DANCER
---------------------------------------NITECH PR MOORE'S BLUE MOUNTAIN BO
--------------------------------------------- NITECH PR MOORES BLUE MOUNTAIN TESS
---------------------------- NITECH PR MCGINNIS BLUE DEACON
--------------------------------------------- GRCH GRNITECH PR MCGINNIS BLUE HOMER II
--------------------------------------- PR MCGINNIS BLUE GEORGIA GIRL
--------------------------------------------- NITECH PR MOYER'S BLUE BRANDY
--------------- CH PR MCGINNIS BLUE DEACON'S SHADOW
--------------------------------------------- GRCH GRNITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER JEANS BLUE TRAMP
--------------------------------------- CH GRNITECH PR ANDERSON BLUE JAKE
--------------------------------------------- PR SANDERSON'S FAWN RIVER LACEY
----------------------------PR MCGINNIS BLUE SHADOW
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR MAILES BLUE SUE'S PETE
--------------------------------------- NITECH PR FOX RIDGE BLUE SADIE
--------------------------------------------- NITECH GRCH PR MAILES' BLUE PEARL
PR MCGINNIS BLUE PEACHES
---------- ---------------------------------GRCH GRNITECH PR HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE
--------------------------------------- NITECH PR ECHO RIDGE BLUE BULLET BOB
--------------------------------------------- CH GRNITECH PR POUDRE RIVER BL. KARI
---------------------------- NITECH PR BLUE MIDNIGHT AMBUSH
--------------------------------------------- GRCH GRNITECH PR HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE
------------------------------- NITECH PR BRINERS BLUE BRANDY
--------------------------------------------- PR CEDAR GLADE BLUE BEBE
----------------PR MCGINNIS BLUE MINNIE
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR UCHTMAN'S BLUE B.A.
--------------------------------- PR PERSINGER'S BILL
--------------------------------------------- PR ZWILLING'S POWWOW PUD
---------------------------- PR HONEY CREEK RUNT RAT
--------------------------------------------- PR GOLDEN'S BLUE BOY BANDIT
---------------------------------- PR BOPUS CREEK LADY
---------------------------------------------PR NORTHERN BLUE DIAMOND
pups
--------------Nit CH. Georgia Blue Abe
-------- GR. Nite CH. B n D MR. Blue
----------------Georgia Blie Britches
---- GR. Nite NITECH B&D's BLUE SPIKE
--------------------Gr. nite Ch.Kribys Blue Spike
-------- Gr. Nite Ch. Ferris Blue Kelly
---------------------Nite CH. Reckers Turtle CR. Bobbie
PR MCGINNIS BLUE BESS
---------------------Gr NITE CH. GR CH. Hammer XVIII
-------- NGRNCH. Gr. Nite CH. Tree Slamin Hillbilly
----------------------Nite CH. Treeslammin Blue Queen
---- GRNITECH OWL CREEK BARBRA JEAN
----------------------Nash Blue
-------- GR.Nite CH. Lawrasons Blue Elle
------------------------Wixsons True Blue Beauty

Last edited by davemc on 01-27-2020 at 10:03 AM

Old Post 05-27-2016 11:41 AM