UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > At Stud Ch. GR.Nite Ch Wild n Blue Chief performance and pkc S.S. Sire
Pages (34): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Freeze and Hoss

Freeze and Hoss now live in In. I put two months of hunting on freeze, and he has come a long ways. I have seen the dog do some real nice work. He has a ways to go yet. I was comfortable selling him. I felt that he would be what I said he was to the new owner. The last three times I hunted him I cut him with five to ten Deer within 100 yards of us with no problem. I also turned him lose in the same piece of woods that a fox had just run into with no problem. The last four times I hunted Freeze, I had 3 good nights and one bad night. That is coon hunting. Not every night is good. Young dogs have bad nights. It doesn't matter who owns them. If you have a young dog that doesn't have a bad night once and a while the only one you are fooling is yourself. Hoss is a young hound with a lot of potential to make a good hound. Good luck to the new owners. Keep me updated on your hounds. take care Dave.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-27-2016 03:42 PM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sfranklin
UKC Forum Member

freeze

Who owns him now wish I new he was forsale

Old Post 05-27-2016 04:01 PM
sfranklin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sfranklin Click here to Send sfranklin a Private Message Click Here to Email sfranklin Find more posts by sfranklin Add sfranklin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JK_Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Freeze

Freeze is on day 3 at our Kennel. He is doing wonderful, day 1 was a little rough for everyone. Freeze didn't come out of his box much and every time you opened the pen door he tried to escape. Night 1 took him hunting with Hoss and 2 other dogs. 2 drops 4 trees 4 coon. Freeze treed first drop with Hoss and Jet, this was turning all dogs in on 3 deer we jumped up driving in. Freeze never batted an eye! second drop freeze went about 140 yards split treed solo had a coon.
Day 2 was a little better. Freeze greeted me at the door with kisses and just purely wanting love. Took freeze, Hoss and Bounce out. First drop, freeze split side by side from Bounce and Hoss. All dogs having a coon! Second drop was a little rougher. Caught something on the ground about 180 yards away. Tried to walk in and all dog took off, ended in a 3 way split, no coon seen. Couldn't get Freeze to come out from a brush pile. After about 25 mins I talked him out, loved on him and we loaded up and went home.
Day 3 Saturday 5/28 I have decided to put Freeze in the RQE tonight along with Bounce. I will keep you posted on how he does tonight.
thank you Dave for the opportunity to have Freeze. I have had some haters already, with them knowing we have Freeze. He so far has been everything you said he was. Couldn't be happier with his performance last 2 nights. Fingers crossed I can get him qualified for the world. Wouldn't that just tick off the haters even more....

Last edited by JK_Kennels on 05-28-2016 at 04:28 PM

Old Post 05-28-2016 04:15 PM
JK_Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JK_Kennels Click here to Send JK_Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email JK_Kennels Find more posts by JK_Kennels Add JK_Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

05-28-16

Old Post 05-29-2016 01:40 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Haven't posted a picture of Jazz in a while. This photo was taken by Steve Fielder when he was up last week. Jazz is 18 months old now.

Old Post 05-29-2016 11:43 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

win

Chris
congrats on your win with Jazz. Glad to see all your time you put into Jazz paying off. Are you thinking about going to English days with her? Take care Dave

Old Post 05-31-2016 12:40 PM
davemc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davemc Click here to Send davemc a Private Message Find more posts by davemc Add davemc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I hunted Chief with a friend and his Black dog over the week end. The black dog isn't completely broke. But when he is shocked he wont open on track for the rest of the night. Mark wanted to wait till Chief opened and then turn his dog in. 1st drop Chief struck at 930 yards. We jumped in the unit and drove to get his dog closer. When we got to where Chief struck, He was already treed at about 360 yards from the spot he struck. We turned black dog lose and he covered. They treed on a pine tree that went into another pine. They had the coon. 2nd drop Chief struck at 80 yards. Mark turned his dog in and they both run the track. Chief treed at 365 yards, and The black dog backed. When we got to the tree chief was on a small Maple with both front legs wrapped around the tree. The Black Dog had both his feet planted in Chiefs back . Both dogs looking straight up treeing every breath. It would have made a great picture. We didn't find the coon, but we couldnt see the top of the tree. It was 72 degrees with 90% humidity. Chief is 20 lbs over weight and out of shape. He was huffing and puffing with his Tung hanging to the ground. We called it a short night. I will be hunting Chief some to get some females I have started. I don't know how it will work. Chief is 8 going on 9. He can still get deep in a hurry if there are no tracks close. It makes it hard to hunt pups/ young hounds with him.

Last edited by davemc on 05-31-2016 at 05:21 PM

Old Post 05-31-2016 01:08 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I hunted Chief and a young female last night 1st drop Chief struck at 120 yards. The female went opposite direction. Chief worked a track did to big circles and treed about 400 yards from me. Penny was 450 yards to the south. I couldn't find the coon. I went back to the truck loaded Chief and called Penny. She came in and we loaded up. 2nd drop Chief struck at 460 yards on an old track. penny didn't do much. She was in and out Chief didn't say much on the track. one short bawl ever two or three minutes. Chief took the track 973 yards and treed. in a small Maple tree. I seen the coon. I worked with penny on the tree for a bit, Then headed back to the truck. Just before I got back to the truck Chief opened on the lead. Penny was also sniffing and pulling, so I cut them lose. It was another cold track. After Chief was about 800 yards out, and was heading in a place I didn't want to go to I hit the tone button on the Garmin. I gave him a few calls. He came back to me, we loaded up and called it a night.

Old Post 06-01-2016 01:46 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Joe x Bess

quote:
Originally posted by davemc
I have a litter of pups due in the next couple of days out of Joe and Bess. I want to try to put these pups in the right hands. Pups will be PKC SS. The price on the pups will be determined by who gets them and how much they will be hunted. If you are interested in a pup contact me. I will post them for sale in a few days. Savalas if you want one of the pups, You can have one. Its up to you yo find a way to get him there. I will help any way I can. Same thing goes for you Perry. thanks Dave I will put Pedigree below.

Old Post 06-03-2016 12:40 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Joe x Bess pups Ped.

quote:
Originally posted by davemc
Joe's Pedigree
----------------------------------GRNITECH GRCH PR RUSS TREEIN BLUE LUKE
---------------------------------------GRNIECH PR COZ SPARE TIME SPANKY
---------------------------------------------PR JUNKYARD BLUE PEG
----------------------------GRNITECH PR MANN'S WILD-N-BLUE SPANKY
--------------------------------------------- PR NEIBARGER'S WARRIOR II
--------------------------------------- PR NEIBARGER'S DIXIE BLUE
---------------------------------------------PR NEIBARGER'S BLUE BABE
--------------- GRNITECH PR MANN'S WILD-N-BLUE POUNDER
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR NOTHERN BLUE JET V
--------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR MEAD'S SIOUX VALLEY WOODY
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR SIOUX VALLEY FLY II
---------------------------- PR LINGO'S BLUE JILL
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH NOTHER BLUE JET V
--------------------------------------- NITECH PR GIBB'S TRADE DOG
--------------------------------------------- PR TIMBER CREEK ANNE
CH GRNITECH PR MANNS WILD-N-BLUE CHIEF
---------- --------------------------------- GRNITECH PR GOOSE CREAK TACK II
--------------------------------------- PR HANDY'S BLUETACK
--------------------------------------------- PR MISTY BLUE FANCY
---------------------------- GRNITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER BLUE FRED
--------------------------------------------- NITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER JBS CHIEF
------------------------------- PR SMOKEY RIVER JBS CHIEF SADIE
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH CH PR SMOKEY RIVER JEAN'S BLUE LEARY
---------------- PR MILLERS SHIPSHEWANA BLUE SIS
--------------------------------------------- NITECH PR DRYFORK BLUE SPUD
--------------------------------- NITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER JBS CHIEF
--------------------------------------------- PR SMOKEY RIVER BB'S J-BELL
----------------------------NITECH CH PR HUNTING CREEK BLUE DOT
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR HILL'S AR. BLUE
---------------------------------- CH PR HUNTING CREEK BLUE KARI
--------------------------------------------- PR HILL'S BLUE TINY

McGinnis Blue Joe

--------------------------------------------- CH GRNITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER CHIEFS BL DANCER
---------------------------------------NITECH PR MOORE'S BLUE MOUNTAIN BO
--------------------------------------------- NITECH PR MOORES BLUE MOUNTAIN TESS
---------------------------- NITECH PR MCGINNIS BLUE DEACON
--------------------------------------------- GRCH GRNITECH PR MCGINNIS BLUE HOMER II
--------------------------------------- PR MCGINNIS BLUE GEORGIA GIRL
--------------------------------------------- NITECH PR MOYER'S BLUE BRANDY
--------------- CH PR MCGINNIS BLUE DEACON'S SHADOW
--------------------------------------------- GRCH GRNITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER JEANS BLUE TRAMP
--------------------------------------- CH GRNITECH PR ANDERSON BLUE JAKE
--------------------------------------------- PR SANDERSON'S FAWN RIVER LACEY
----------------------------PR MCGINNIS BLUE SHADOW
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR MAILES BLUE SUE'S PETE
--------------------------------------- NITECH PR FOX RIDGE BLUE SADIE
--------------------------------------------- NITECH GRCH PR MAILES' BLUE PEARL
PR MCGINNIS BLUE PEACHES
---------- ---------------------------------GRCH GRNITECH PR HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE
--------------------------------------- NITECH PR ECHO RIDGE BLUE BULLET BOB
--------------------------------------------- CH GRNITECH PR POUDRE RIVER BL. KARI
---------------------------- NITECH PR BLUE MIDNIGHT AMBUSH
--------------------------------------------- GRCH GRNITECH PR HARPETH RIVER BLUE JOE
------------------------------- NITECH PR BRINERS BLUE BRANDY
--------------------------------------------- PR CEDAR GLADE BLUE BEBE
----------------PR MCGINNIS BLUE MINNIE
--------------------------------------------- GRNITECH PR UCHTMAN'S BLUE B.A.
--------------------------------- PR PERSINGER'S BILL
--------------------------------------------- PR ZWILLING'S POWWOW PUD
---------------------------- PR HONEY CREEK RUNT RAT
--------------------------------------------- PR GOLDEN'S BLUE BOY BANDIT
---------------------------------- PR BOPUS CREEK LADY
---------------------------------------------PR NORTHERN BLUE DIAMOND

pups

--------------Nit CH. Georgia Blue Abe
-------- GR. Nite CH. B n D MR. Blue
----------------Georgia Blie Britches
---- GR. Nite NITECH B&D's BLUE SPIKE
--------------------Gr. nite Ch.Kribys Blue Spike
-------- Gr. Nite Ch. Ferris Blue Kelly
---------------------Nite CH. Reckers Turtle CR. Bobbie
PR MCGINNIS BLUE BESS
---------------------Gr NITE CH. GR CH. Hammer XVIII
-------- NGRNCH. Gr. Nite CH. Tree Slamin Hillbilly
----------------------Nite CH. Treeslammin Blue Queen
---- GRNITECH OWL CREEK BARBRA JEAN
----------------------Nash Blue
-------- GR.Nite CH. Lawrasons Blue Elle
------------------------Wixsons True Blue Beauty

Bess had her pups on evening of 6/2. I will get a count on males and females latter. She had 7

Last edited by davemc on 06-03-2016 at 12:44 PM

Old Post 06-03-2016 12:41 PM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Pup

If you have a nice male pup available let me know Dave. I like the pedigree on these. Looks a little like Jazz pedigree.

Old Post 06-03-2016 02:54 PM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Another Nite Champion for Chief

Lots A Grit Wild N Blue Jazz. She ran off the UKC cast wins straight with 2 first place wins and a second. She scored 1625 + with 0 minus and no circle in those three casts.
Go Chief!

Old Post 06-04-2016 06:29 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Another Nite Champion for Chief

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

Lots A Grit Wild N Blue Jazz. She ran off the UKC cast wins straight with 2 first place wins and a second. She scored 1625 + with 0 minus and no circle in those three casts.
Go Chief!

Chris
Congrats on making Jazz Nite Ch. I bet it wont be long before she is a PKC CH. also. If you would like a male out of Joe and Bess you can have one. I have one male left. I also bred Jazz's Brother Hoss to a female out of GR. Nite Logan and GR. Nite Hammer Head. Pups are due July 4th. I will also PKC SS that litter. PKC date isn't as good as Joe and Bess pups, But you are welcome to one from either litter. Good luck in the upcoming events. This is the pedigree of the female I bred to Hoss.

.......................................GrNiteCh Hindman's Broad Ax Blue Max
..........................Ch GrNiteCh Uchtman's Blue Albert
.......................................NiteCh Leech's Patch
.........GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton
.......................................Ch Nite Ch Uchtman's Blue Ranger V
..........................NiteCh Coney River Blue Rose
.......................................Freeman's Blue Amy
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtman's Blue Logan
.......................................Ch GrNiteCh Slife's Blue Rambo
..........................GrNiteCh GrCh Smiley's Blue Rambo II
.......................................Ch GrNiteCh Smiley's Misty Blue
........Ch NiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady
.......................................GrNiteCh Northern Blue Jet V
..........................Nite Ch Smiley's Blue Flo
.......................................GrNiteCh Souix Valley Fly II
McGinnis Blue Clinch
----------------------------NiteCh Smokey River JBS Cheif
------------------FCh GrCh GrNiteCh Vining Runnin Bullet
----------------------------Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Crazys Blue Fly
-----GrCh GrNite Ch Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II
----------------------------Smokey Rive Blue Spud
------------------GrNiteCh Smokey River Jeans Blue June
----------------------------NiteCh Smokey River Be's Blue Jean
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining Hammerhead
----------------------------Ch GrNiteCh Slife's Blue Rambo
-----------------GrNiteCh Hat Cr Phydeaux
----------------------------Nite Ch McDonald's Tx. Blue Dot
-----GrNiteCh GrCh Vining Blue Mollie
---------------------------GrNiteCh Smokey River Bauler
-----------------NiteCh Bayou Blue Mollie
---------------------------Hoss Blue Star

Last edited by davemc on 06-05-2016 at 03:16 PM

Old Post 06-05-2016 02:43 PM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Wow

I like the way Clinch is bred.

Old Post 06-05-2016 05:37 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

My buddy Pat came over with his female out of Chief. Pats female has 1st and 2nd place wins in UKC. Pat works 3rd shift 6 days a week and hasn't had her out since January. He left her at my house. I will be hunting her to get her tuned up. Then we will get her to some UKC hunts for that final cast win to make her a Nite CH. We hunted His female and Chief. 1st drop. Chief fell treed at 685 yards in about 3 or 4 minutes. Pats female covered. They had 2 treed on the out side. 2nd drop Chief struck then Pats female struck. Chief went to the right. Pats female went to the left and came treed at about 500 yards. We couldn't find the coon. Chief was 825 yards to the north. The Garmin showed him treed. But I couldn't hear him. It was very windy, But I felt I should have heard him. I could hear him on track the whole way. As soon as my Garmin had showed him treed. The Garmin had a pop up that said signal interference due you want to change your code. I pressed no, When I did that I lost the collar completely. I could not get the collar to show up at all. This collar was marked as my Black one. The Garmin went to my Blue collar, and the black one was no longer showing on my Garmin. We went back to the truck and drove around the block. I still couldn't hear Chief. As I played with my Garmin I message popped up, due you want to reset your collar. I pushed reset followed the instruction's and my collar repapered on The Garmin. It still showed Chief treed. We drove around till we got 425 yards of him. The Garmin still showed him treed but he was not letting out a single bark. We walked into him. Chief was sitting on his but in a hay field like a statue. I walked up to him and he never moved a muscle till I put the lead on him. We looked him over and couldn't find anything wrong with him. The only time I have ever seen him due anything like this is when I first got him. He had run a yote right by me. I shocked him hard. I could see him when I hit him with the juice, he parked his but with out taking another step, and I walked over and put the lead on him. I will never know what in the world happen with the Garmin and Chief tonight. The only thing that I can think of is that we where hunting near a guys house that has several coyote dogs. Sometimes they her my hounds and bark. I hear the owner give them A shout and they stop barking as soon as he dose. I don't know if he could have shocked one for barking, and it interfered with Chiefs collar and hit him. It was after one and we called it a night.

Last edited by davemc on 06-07-2016 at 11:46 AM

Old Post 06-07-2016 11:31 AM
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Electric Fence?

Old Post 06-08-2016 11:40 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy
Electric Fence?

Chris
No electric fences in the area I was hunting. It is all crop land and woods. I think Chief would blow threw a fence with out a blink of an eye. It takes a lot of juice to sit him down. When I first got Chief the only way you caught him was off a tree. He was pretty wild. At that time I didn't have a Garmin with a shocker. I used my Shocker and the buzz button to bring him in. When I was hunting him hard I could give him a buzz and he would usually come in. If he didn't respond to the buzz a couple of taps on the shocker would get his attention. You could watch the yards click off on the Garmin. It was strange the other night. When I pulled him out of the box, My Garmin was showing him at .75 miles to the south west. Just before I cut him the Garmin went back to near. Its just one of those coon hunting nights that make you scratch your head, And sit in the recliner with a cup of coffee the next morning trying to figure it all out. take care Dave

Last edited by davemc on 06-09-2016 at 12:59 PM

Old Post 06-09-2016 12:56 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I have been hunting Pats female. She has looked pretty good for not being out since last January. She moves around well, is a hard tree dog, and is good about having a coon when she trees. She is a nice female.

Old Post 06-13-2016 02:38 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I hunted Pats female last night. She made 3 trees, all 3 coon seen. She is still out of shape, But has looked good. She is a hard every breath tree dog. She treed 1st coon 200 yards from me. I recasted her off that tree and She treed another coon about 150 yards from the first tree. 3rd one was a long run. She took the track 982 yards. She did a nice job from track to tree. I think she is huffing and puffing harder than me. It shouldn't be long before she sheds a few pounds, and gets back into hunting shape.

Old Post 06-15-2016 12:39 PM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Joe and Patch

Joe is coming back to NY. I regretted selling Joe, and was happy to get the chance to get him back. He is a 2 year old dog that still needs to improve in some areas, But is a pretty nice hound. I also made a trip to OH. yesterday to pick up Patch from Danny G. She is a 2 year old out of Gauge and Alice. I would like to thank Danny for selling me Patch. I asked Danny if he would do a snap test on her at my expense. Danny not only got the test done, he had her updated on all shots and everything else she needed. He also paid the vet bill for everything. Thanks again Danny. I look forward to hunting her.

Last edited by davemc on 06-18-2016 at 10:28 AM

Old Post 06-17-2016 11:19 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hot

It has been in the nineties with high humidity's, so I haven't hunted last few nights. We are going to cool back down the end of this week. I hope to start back at it tonight.

Old Post 06-21-2016 10:37 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

hunt

I took Pats female back to him on Wed. I enjoyed hunting her. she is a dog that will tree a lot of coon. She is a nice hound. I also hooked up with Corky to bring Joe back home. I Have not had had him out Yet. I have been hunting Patches. I have been not posted much on computer lately. Been hunting mainly in early mornings. Seam to be getting old tracks and long runs. I don't know if its the full moon, or the time I am going out. I also have been seeing a lot of coon moving during the day. No rain and very dry here. I think they are moving during the day for water.

Last edited by davemc on 06-26-2016 at 11:15 PM

Old Post 06-26-2016 09:35 AM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Dave,

You still got "Hawk"?

His littermate brother "Crack" I brought along that night me and my uncle came over to see Hoss go,... He's a coon tree'r by himself now. He's overdue for some fur, he hasn't tasted a coon since he was a pup. I think his drive will pick up a lot once he gets that in his mind set. right now he's a little short winded out of the gate but is improving.

I'll post some videos once photobucket decides to cooperate and load them.

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Old Post 06-27-2016 08:18 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davemc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Jennings
Dave,

You still got "Hawk"?

His littermate brother "Crack" I brought along that night me and my uncle came over to see Hoss go,... He's a coon tree'r by himself now. He's overdue for some fur, he hasn't tasted a coon since he was a pup. I think his drive will pick up a lot once he gets that in his mind set. right now he's a little short winded out of the gate but is improving.

I'll post some videos once photobucket decides to cooperate and load them.

Nick
Hawk is in in SC. He is doing good. He hunts out good, is a good tree dog, and is very independent. He should finish out to a nice hound. Hoss is in In. and also doing good. I would say he is not far away from being nite hunt ready. I bred a female to him before I sold him. she had pups on July 2nd. He should throw nice pups. That whole litter was natural's. The female is bred as good as it gets. take care Dave

Last edited by davemc on 07-13-2016 at 08:48 AM

Old Post 07-05-2016 11:43 AM
davemc
UKC Forum Member

Joe

hunted Joe last night. made 2 trees found 1st one. 2nd one was in someone's front yard. Didn't look at the tree. I called Joe to the road, and headed out.

Old Post 07-08-2016 01:53 PM