UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > English > English HISTORY !!
Pages (29): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Something most have never seen - Enjoy !

Well, it turned out blurry ! I'll try to repair it and repost ...
The 4 red arrows are all eng dogs .... Junior, Speck , TV, and Jack - Top 20 .

Last edited by Toad Hill on 10-28-2015 at 09:56 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-28-2015 09:42 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

The 4 red arrows are all English dogs .... Junior, Speck , TV, and Jack - Top 20 .

Old Post 10-29-2015 04:54 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shoresg
UKC Forum Member

Cropped this out of one of R.F. Dickey's ads

931-308-1908
GrNtCh Hickory Holler Crazy Kate "GrNtCh Cabin Crk Rowdy X GrNtCh Moss's Hardtime Sugar Kane"RIP"
'PR' ForestGhost Hardtime Kim "GrNtCh Cabin Creek Rowdy X GrNtCh Hardtime Bell "RIP"

Old Post 11-14-2015 05:20 PM
Shoresg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shoresg Click here to Send Shoresg a Private Message Click Here to Email Shoresg Find more posts by Shoresg Add Shoresg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike thomason
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 01-20-2016 02:08 AM
mike thomason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike thomason Click here to Send mike thomason a Private Message Find more posts by mike thomason Add mike thomason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Howard
UKC Forum Member

Cool

PKC CH County Line Big'N, Natural (RIP) Independent.
County Line Sod Buster (Big'n x Bev)$ Brains, Accurate a Pleasure to hunt..
County Line Alittle Ambraw Pepper(Big'n x Jenny)
Line bred Pups Buster x Pepper 12/09/16
Working to rebuild some of the old Ambraw blood line.
(618) 214-1695

LUCK-Is when opportunity & Preperation Meet

Old Post 01-24-2016 07:26 PM
Randy Howard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Howard Click here to Send Randy Howard a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Howard Find more posts by Randy Howard Add Randy Howard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-05-2016 03:26 PM
JB PITCREW
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill

If you dont like English History you are going to hate me .....i've acquired almost every issue of Full Cry and Am Cooner from 1965-1978 :-) ,,,,,,,I'm just getting started

Wow...thanks for posting this one,grew up with Gary's kids and spent a lot of time out at their place back in the 70's growing up.
Keep'em coming!

Home of Previous #1 Reproducing English Coonhound 15.49%
GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Briar Valley Nite Prowler "semen stored”
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz "semen stored”
'PR' Northridge JoJoe's Blue Thunder
'PR' Northridge Icky’s Old Sandy

ENGLISH HOUNDS SINCE 1969....If you breed for papers instead of traits,You deserve what you end up with...Kelley Stagner

RIP........................................
GRNTCH GRCH Briar Valley Nite Prowler
GRNTCH GRCH Wilcox's Thunder JoJoe
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge Red Loopy
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge JoJo's Feebie
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz
GRNTCH CH Northridge Jo Joe’s Icky

Old Post 02-10-2016 10:52 AM
JB PITCREW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB PITCREW Click here to Send JB PITCREW a Private Message Find more posts by JB PITCREW Add JB PITCREW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-16-2016 05:08 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

TV- 1978 ACHA World Hunt, 15th place

Old Post 02-16-2016 05:14 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-16-2016 05:15 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-16-2016 05:17 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-16-2016 05:18 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Smile Larry's First Coonhound

I'd be interested to hearing about your first Coonhound Larry. I ran across this while i was cold trailing in some old American Cooners

Old Post 02-16-2016 05:30 PM
Don Bixby
UKC Forum Member

Larry if the person who stole your dog back then knew they were stealing froma legend I doubt they would have. Did u ever get it him back?

Old Post 03-04-2016 02:32 AM
Don Bixby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Don Bixby Click here to Send Don Bixby a Private Message Click Here to Email Don Bixby Find more posts by Don Bixby Add Don Bixby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Beshears Blue Boy 2 ( Junior) >Sire and Dam

Last edited by Toad Hill on 03-16-2016 at 03:51 PM

Old Post 03-16-2016 03:42 PM
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

I'm curious what kind of track mouth these English dogs had back in the day.Anybody know?

Old Post 03-16-2016 11:32 PM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Mouth

My Dad bought an 8 month old pup back in the late 70's early 80's (I think). This pup, according to what I remember my Dad telling me Mr Dickey told him, was the first litter of pups ever produced from Beshere's Blue Boy II (Junior) This pups mother was 1/2 fox hound according to Mr. Dickey. This pup my Dad purchased looked a lot like this picture of Red Bayou Jane. Dad called him Buck. He had a BIG BAWL MOUTH on track. He was also a bawl & chop mouth tree dog. He was a super drifting type track dog, never barking twice in the same place. He was one of the fastest dogs I ever was in the woods with that would open in front of you on a ridge, say 300 yards straight ahead, and then his second track bark may be 400 yards behind you, and this would happen in all of one or two minutes. Now we didn't have gamins or even trackers back in those days so you just sit there scratching your head as to how he got where he got so fast. LOL

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 03-18-2016 09:54 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info Dave.I do appreciate the input from the veterans of the sport.There is some awesome pics and history of English dogs here on this post.Id love to own a English dog that had the bucket head like these in the pics and big bawl mouth on track.Im gonna keep searching till I find one.Take care.

Old Post 03-18-2016 10:21 PM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-08-2016 03:29 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-08-2016 03:32 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-08-2016 03:34 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-08-2016 03:35 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Pine Hill True Boy

Old Post 04-08-2016 03:36 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill

Frosty was a direct son of Kellers Mike - Not even possible but , What I would do for a high quality straw of semen off of Ol Frosty ....... or better yet Mike ...

Old Post 04-08-2016 03:45 PM
Jeremy Mills
UKC Forum Member

Old times equals good times

Old Post 05-09-2016 03:25 AM
Jeremy Mills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeremy Mills Click here to Send Jeremy Mills a Private Message Find more posts by Jeremy Mills Add Jeremy Mills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote