UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Thanks Steeb, honest is the only way to be and I have another true story to tell tonight. BO broke my heart and treed a dang GRINNER. I guess I been bragging on him to much and had my head in the clouds dreaming about winning the world hunt next year but he brought me back down to earth hard tonight when I saw ole slick tail. I popped him on the muzzle and told him no and cut him again and he went down the cypress bottom and got treed with a coon up a huge cypress. I loved him up a little and got Bell and made another drop with both of them and they bumped around on a track for a few hundred yards and Bell located and went to treeing good and Bo joined her. They had a young one about a third grown up a pine with a bunch of vines in it. I petted them up and brought them on home. Left the little one to grow up and give them a run for their money one day. Good Hunting!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-27-2014 05:01 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Enjoy Your Hunts

I enjoy reading your hunts. I only owned one dog that never treed a Grinner. ( Ohio Hammer ) He just wouldn't. I have seen Maggie Mae tree a couple and she is one of the best females I have owned coon for coon. I don't know why they do that. Hope you keep enjoying your hounds. Dave

Old Post 08-27-2014 01:53 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

lol I thought they were in the norm on grinners lol

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 08-29-2014 06:12 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

SPECK and BO

First I want to explain my post on Speck being for sale. From the time I bought him until about mid May I wouldn't have sold him at any price. Not that he was the greatest coon hound in the world but because he was a balanced hound that had a coon when he treed and stayed put. Something to hunt and get Bo started with. After Bo got rolling Speck has been on the back burner I guess you could say but I still hunted him once or twice a week. He hasn't had a coon down to him since Feb. and when season opened back up July 1st I started taking Bo a lot and putting a few on him. When I would take Speck here lately he would open all over the woods and his track on the Garmin looked like a kid scribbled it on there and he would hardly ever get treed. Frustrating and confusing. Last night I cut them and he started opening quick and moved on out chopping every breath and Bo not saying a word. After a while Bo came in and I loaded him and Speck was a few hundred yards out, did a u turn and came back down the creek. I went to where I cut him and turned my light out and waited. He about ran over me when I hit the light on him. He had his head up and was just going through the woods barking. I have a little patience with a young, up and coming hound if I like him but NONE with an older hound that knows better than stupid stuff like that. That's why I posted FOR SALE. I thought maybe the heat and pollen was effecting him. Any way, tonight I carried him but put the tri-tronics on him. I don't feel a 5yr old should still need correcting but I had nothing to lose so I buckled him up and cut him and BO. He started opening at about 80yds and nothing from Bo. Speck has a cold nose and can grub up a bad track but when he chops on track its screaming hot and Bo could smell that but he wasn't opening and Speck was chopping. He got to around 240yds and stayed there chopping away until I tickled him on number 2. He hushed and grabbed a gear and was about 600yds quick when he started opening again but he was bawling and it sounded right so I kept my finger off the button. In the meantime Bo was at 423yds to right a good bit from Speck but hadn't opened. Speck got over 900 so I started calling Bo and he came my way fast but at just 77yds from me he slammed on the brakes, went back a few yards and roared out a few locates and lit it up. I just knew he had another grinner because he was in a 15 year old stand of pines that only had a few oaks scattered around. I wasn't in the mood to look at anther grinner so I left the rifle and broke me a limb on the way in. When I saw the tree he was on I knew it had to be one because it was a small water oak with some vines going in it but when I threw my light up it, Merry Christmas! Eyes everywhere! There was 3 young coons looking back at me in that little tree. I loved Ole Bo up extra good and tossed my limb behind my back. I felt plumb ashamed.
Couldn't hear Speck but Garmin showed treed so I took Bo home and took out about a mile up the little county road. I got to within 500yds of him and he was treed across a big pasture on the edge of swamp. He was on the biggest den tree I have ever seen. He was IN the tree I should say. Didn't find a coon on outside so I loved him up good and came on in. Why he has been acting like he has is beyond me but if I knew bumping him would have shut him up and get him acting normal again I would have done it 2 months ago. Maybe setting him up and not having a coon in months is something I cant do with Speck. I am going to hunt him hard the next few weeks and see if tonight was the start of his turn around. They say you cant teach an old dog new tricks but all old dogs might need an attitude adjustment from time to time. Even the old dog pushing the buttons! I will post pictures tomorrow of den he was in, its huge! Good Hunting!

Old Post 08-30-2014 05:33 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

SPECK IN TREE TREED!

Speck treed tonight in BIG DEN TREE!

Old Post 08-30-2014 05:47 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO with 3

BO treed Friday night under 3 young coons he winded and treed on his way back in to me.

Old Post 08-31-2014 07:23 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW RIVER VIEW KENNELS

Hope everyone had a good and safe Labor Day weekend. I spent all my time working on the house for the new 6 run kennel I am building. I got delayed a month with my staff infected finger but am all good now and trying to catch up on all I couldn't do while laid up. I am building it 60 inches above finished concrete grade for two reasons. One being the houses will be one foot higher than I have seen the flood waters in here in the 20 years I have lived here. So hopefully I wont have any river silt to clean out of them every time river floods. The other reason is I am having the puppy pen underneath the houses. Each house is made from sinker cypress I pulled from river and cut with my Wood Mizer. Each dog will have a 4x4 house a 4x4 covered porch and 30 inches down will be a 4x4 sun deck and 30 inches below that the concrete run which will be 4x8 feet. Pups will be raised to 6 months in puppy pen and running loose until they are big enough to make those two 30 inch hops up to their house. I am putting a catch basin in lower corner when I pour concrete and 100 feet of 4 inch drain pipe so when I wash down it will get away from pens. Putting seamless gutter and one down spout on back so no rain water can try to run off roof and run back under house into pup pen. One more day and will be done with houses and forming for concrete.

Old Post 09-05-2014 12:37 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

Old Post 09-05-2014 12:40 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTING

Didn't hunt Monday or Tuesday night as we had some heavy rain both nights right at dark. Wednesday night I took BO and BELL to BO'S Bottom and first drop they hit a fair track and after moving it out a few hundred yards up the swamp BELL located and treed and BO backed her. Big tree and he might have been there but I didn't find him. Cut them again and they struck quick and after a few minutes BO hit a tree and BELL right after him but a little deeper. BO had a coon up a big elm and BELL was treed on a small tree that ran into a big cypress but I couldn't get him to look. Next drop they hit a bad track and BELL bumped a tree a couple different times but didn't stick so I eventually called them in and came home.
Tonight I went to my son Shane's place in the swamps of Chatawa on the Tangiphoa river but a bad storm blew up before we cut loose and lighting hit a big pine about a 100 feet in front of us. That did it for me, headed home and put them back up, try again tomorrow night. Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-05-2014 03:36 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN

My Uncle caught a coon that was getting his muscadine's and I went and picked him up and when I got home I drove around back out of sight of the hounds and set coon up on top of tractor fender about 100 feet from pens. About 20 minutes later I let Rain and Storm out of their pen and went and set on the porch and watched them. It didn't take Rain 3 minutes to catch wind of that coon and rear up on the tractor tire and go to treeing. I have Never shown her a coon dead or alive and didn't encourage her one bit before I videoed her in this video. Since the first day I got her and she bailed off into the river and been swimming like an otter ever since I felt like I had got ahold of anther special pup. She is super smart and non stop smelling all over the woods around here and stays gone for up to an hour sometime. Turns 4 months old tomorrow. I put her up and cut coon loose and turned BELL out 10 minutes later and let her run and tree it up a big turkey pine. Left him to run another day. Click on picture to watch video.

Old Post 09-05-2014 11:43 PM
Danny Glista
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Looks like ya got ya might of stumbled on a good one! I still have 4 males here and like them all. Just doing some simple training and tying them out. When they get old enough, I'll introduce them to another coon and just start hunting them. Rain sure seems to have it going for her! Kennel looks like it's coming along well also! Looking good,Danny G.

Old Post 09-06-2014 12:08 AM
Danny Glista is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Glista Click here to Send Danny Glista a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Glista Find more posts by Danny Glista Add Danny Glista to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Thanks Danny, I really like the early signs I see out of Rain. I think she is going to be a keeper.
Took BO by himself tonight to Bo's Bottom. We had almost 5 inches of rain so far this week and an inch and a half was this evening so all the sloughs, beaver ponds and creeks are full. Cut him down a cypress bottom slough and he struck within 200yds and rolled one for 15 minutes or so in and out of the water. He hit the tree with 3 roaring bawls and settled but I sat on 4-wheeler for about 15 minutes and let him blow. It was cooler after the rain and as it starts getting cooler going into the fall I am going to let him tree longer each time before heading to him. He was on big water oak and I found coon quick all the way at the top and popped him a couple times and he came on out to BO. Made 2 more drops but he didn't want to get far from the 4-wheeler with the coon on it so we came on in and took a couple pictures. I am going to lay a trail with it in the morning and see if Rain can find him. Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-06-2014 04:57 AM
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

Looks like a nice hound,u can tell by the pic that Bo doesn't want to take his eyes off that coon.lol

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 09-06-2014 06:07 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN

Laid a track with coon this morning for Rain. Went down through the woods about a 100 yards and put it up a small ironwood about 9' off the ground and went and cut her loose. She hit that track Running with her nose 6" off the ground and in less than 2 minutes found the tree and lit it up. I made this little video as soon as I arrived at tree then loved her up and toted her back to the house. Gave her a snack but as soon as I took my hands off her she left on the run and got back under the coon chopping every breath. I had to put her in the pen and dispose of the coon far from home. She turned 4 months today. Crazy natural is all I can say. She is far to young to start so I will keep working on her basic handling and hauling training but will put out a bucket feeder on the slough in a month when it cools off and start letting her run loose at night. She wont ever have to see a roll cage or another coon. This pup is going to make a coon hound I guarantee! Click on picture to see video.
Thanks Coty, I like him and he is getting it done right for a young hound. He didn't want to hunt though after I shot that coon out to him but he will get better as he continues to learn. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-06-2014 03:47 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

very nice

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 09-06-2014 03:55 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny Glista
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Those northern pups can't do that down south! You might as well send her back home! LOL!! She sure can spit'em out! Looks like she is well on her way. Good luck later this fall with her and keep the updates going. I enjoy watching and reading them,Danny G.

24 chops in 11 seconds!! That's puttin in some effort for a pup!!

Last edited by Danny Glista on 09-07-2014 at 01:07 PM

Old Post 09-07-2014 01:04 PM
Danny Glista is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Glista Click here to Send Danny Glista a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Glista Find more posts by Danny Glista Add Danny Glista to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Looks like that little Rain Pup is putting another gleem in your eye, a good looking pup and looks like she has already got coon on her mind. Good luck with her Steve.

Old Post 09-08-2014 01:25 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO under the MOON

Thanks guy's, little Rain has some growing to do before we get serious about coon but it sure is great to see raw natural born desire in a pup this young.
Took Bo tonight to Black Branch Swamp and made 2 drops and on first one he went in about 250yds and just came treed. Went in to him and he was on a medium size water oak with a young coon sitting up. Left him to grow some more. I have shot several out to BO since July 1st and feel like he has had enough for a while. At least until he works a rough track and does a good job with a coon at the end. 2nd drop didn't get a strike so loaded up and came back near the house. On way back I couldn't help but get anther picture of him with the big ole moon behind him. Cut him down the slough where he treed 3 young ones last week and he didn't go 100yds and just fell treed again. Went through the stand of pines and he was treed up a pine with a bunch of muscadine vines in it and all the trees around it. Another young coon up this tree also. I petted him up good and pulled him off tree and headed in. Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-09-2014 04:23 AM
myers
UKC Forum Member

Nice pic. Sure enjoy reading about your hunts on here. Sounds like you got some fine hounds in the making.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 09-09-2014 01:06 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

glenda2

Steve I think I read that you use to own the glenda2 dog at one time. If so would you tell me about her. She is on my dogs papers twice. One was the cross was chiefs chief2 x glenda2 and the other one was spanky x glenda2

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 09-10-2014 02:36 AM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bell and Speck

Myers, Glenda 2 belonged to MR. Frank Erwin from Kentwood La. I owned her sister, Bonnie. We crossed Glenda 2 on Spanky with good results. They were get gone get treed type pups with loud mouths. Glenda and Bonnie were out of his Magnum and Dolly cross which produced some good ones. You have some good blood flowing through your hound. Thanks for the compliment on my pictures and hounds.
I took Speck and Bell tonight and they both looked real good. Speck struck first with Bell striking a few seconds later and it was a good track. We were in BO's Bottom by the beaver lake and they trailed him up out of the bottom and around the side of a hill. Speck was giving a lot of mouth and Bell was opening just right to my liking, about once every 40yds or so. They got to almost 700yds and I was about to fire up and ride 4-wheeler closer when Speck hit the tree with Bell right behind him. I rode to within 60yds of them and it took a few minutes but I found him peeping at me and put him down to them as Speck has been a while without one. Really proud of Bell tonight as this is the best trailing I have seen out of her without her bumping a couple trees or hanging up to quick. They were real hot as its humid bad tonight so I brought them on in. Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-10-2014 03:48 AM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

Bell

Sure am glad she is working out for ya Steve!!!

Old Post 09-10-2014 02:39 PM
Scot Crandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scot Crandall Click here to Send Scot Crandall a Private Message Find more posts by Scot Crandall Add Scot Crandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Good

Sounds like the two young dogs are doing good Steve. I know where there's a female out of that cross I would buy if it was for sale big mouth and one of the best looking blue females I know of. Maybe prettier than Lou! LOL! She sounds like her mom. Lou has a screaming bawl on the ground and a hard every breath tree dog. A little independent but I like that. Good Luck and thanks for hunting the Lou pup. P.S. I would say Bell sounds more like Ruger.

Old Post 09-10-2014 03:09 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BELL

Scot, thanks. She is really coming around. She was a little to quick to pull the trigger some nights and get treed but she has got much better and really getting out there and getting it done right on track and tree.
Dave, I like Bell a lot. Breeding, Mouth and Looks. She is very independent but will tree with the others if its just one track but if she hits her on she will NOT pull to them on track or tree. I like that. And when she trees good, wrong or right she is not going anywhere. BO and I are big buddies and if you watch some of the videos when I come into the tree he will look at me but not Bell. Her attention is up that tree until I pull her off. I have had her and Bo tree within 200' of each other several times with neither one moving. I hunted her a few nights off bucket feeders to get her mind on burning up a track instead of looking for a tree but the last few coons I put on her wasn't off a bucket. She deserved them. Bucket coons for her are over. Save that for the next up and coming pup. When I got back into this great sport a year ago and bought BO as a pup I knew I wanted at least one good female to hunt and later on breed. But back in the day you might go through 3 or more pups to get one that half way suited me so I had booked a couple more pups off different crosses that I felt good about hoping to end up with one sure enough good female. Bell has made it, Rain sure acts like she' going to have what it takes and I have 3 month old Storm out of Piazon X Dizzie . My wife is going to have to get a 2nd job so I can quit mine and put all my time into hunting all these young ones! All kidding aside, you breeders have done a great job with these blue hounds and it makes it a lot easier on guys like me to get a pup or young hound and put some time into it and end up with a hound we're proud of. Hope to see yaw at the FALL ROUNDUP, take care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-10-2014 08:49 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Griz/Lou

Where are you going to put your Griz/Lou pup? Putting all jokes a side I think this could be a real special cross. Lou is a real nice female Steve and I believe she is going to threw some nice young dogs. Time will tell. I love the female my friend has. ( Ruger/Lou ) Thanks again for hunting Bell and good luck with your Rain pup. Dave

Old Post 09-11-2014 01:45 PM