UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and SPECK

BO made me eat my words tonight. I said he had enough coon down to him for a while but after the race he run with this coon tonight he deserved one more. I took him and Speck to Bo's Bottom and as I passed beaver lake they both blew up on back of 4-wheeler so I cut them loose and BO went one way roaring and Speck the other. After a couple minutes BO got up on that coon like he was looking at him and they were sure moving through that swamp bottom. In the meantime Speck had got to about 420yds and sounded treed. BO pushed that coon and got him out of that swamp bottom into an overgrown field a few hundred yards from the lake when I heard him catch him on the ground. He couldn't hold him and the race was on again but only lasted maybe a minute and he hit the tree. It was humid and hot tonight but he treed hard. The coon I have put out to him have all been about done in so this was the first one he has got a hold to that chewed on him some and he wasn't happy about it. I went in to him and he was on a huge water oak but coon was easy to find because he was moving all over the top of that tree, he was nervous and looked ready to jump at any second. About that time Speck showed up at the tree so I went ahead and knocked him out. He hit the ground but still had plenty fight left and him and BO rolled a little but BO figured it out quick and finished him. BIG BOAR. AS I type this BO is out in the kennel bawling every now and then. This coon got him fired up when he caught him those few seconds on the ground. I brought them on in after that round as its so humid and hot and I felt I couldn't top that race if I hunted all night. Cooler weather cant get here quick enough.
Dave if your at the Fall Roundup and talk my wife into getting a 2nd job so I can hunt full time then you can put me on the list for one of those pups out of LOU and GRIZ! From what I have seen out of Bell and the reports you have gotten on some of the others LOU is putting out keepers. Some crosses work and some don't and some hounds seem to throw goodun's no matter what you cross them with. Griz is a fine looking, well bred hound that's a winner and same can be said for LOU so I sure feel you will get some special pups from that cross. Time will tell and you never know if ya don't try it. I wish you the best of luck with the cross and with talking my wife into getting that 2nd job! I sure would like one of those pups, I guess I got that from MR. Frank, he loved to raise pups and watch them develop into their full potential. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2014 04:42 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN

RAIN in the rocker. I left her out to run loose last night and that's where she went to sleep, in the rocker. I made another track for her with the coon BO treed night before and really thought I had made a tough track to follow with a lot of twist and turns but she found it quick. If she overruns a turn she doubles back and picks it up quick. She came on the tree just as hard as video showed on the first coon. Couple more months and she will be ready for the real thing.

Old Post 09-13-2014 09:25 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Took BO and BELL to Bo's Bottom tonight. It was cooler and misty rain so perfect conditions. First drop didn't get a strike so when Bell came back I loaded her on 4-wheeler and left BO loose to run trail ahead of me. Went half a mile through the woods and turned BELL loose again. BO was off to the right in some water about 80yds away but when I cut BELL she went left and struck close to 400yds and ran him good to about 230yds from me and treed. By that time BO had packed up and left to her and he treed also. About half way to them BO quit treeing but BELL was still blowing the top out. Got into her and she was on a huge Magnolia with a lot of vines going into it and small trees all around. I couldn't shine up the Magnolia worth a darn because it was so thick with smaller trees but found these 2 coons in the picture about 30' from her tree. Its possible they could have climbed from tree to tree but not likely. It was a big coon and a young one so I felt it was probably a young one or 2 up her tree but I just couldn't get to where I could shine it any higher than 20' up. I hooked her up and came on out to the 4-wheeler. BO came out after a while so I loaded him up and came on in as the mist was turning into a light sprinkle of rain. It was 68 degrees tonight and less humid. Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-14-2014 04:48 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

sounds fun we were actually chilly here last night but hunting young hounds and not seeing many coon huntings been a little rougher here

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 09-14-2014 03:00 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

I formed up for the concrete yesterday and put my catch basin in. Concrete will slope from front to back 2" in 11' and from upper end to catch basin end 3" in 25'. There will be a curb on backside and low end and around catch basin.

Old Post 09-14-2014 05:39 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

This catch basin will hold 10 gallons which is more water than I will use washing down kennel. I poured bottom in it yesterday around 4" long sweep 90. Before I wash down I will put a 3' piece of pipe in drain and that will keep water from draining out as I wash and poop and water will build up in basin like a commode. When done washing I pull the pipe out of drain and Swoosh! out it goes 100' from kennel.

Old Post 09-14-2014 05:48 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Bells Mom

Bell's Mom hooked up last night. She treed four coon. Saw three and one den. Sounds like bell is doing a great job. Steve I posted a picture of Bell's sire on the pup post with Maggie/Lou post so you could see what he looks like he's a good looking dog to I think. Dave

Old Post 09-14-2014 05:48 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

Got completely done with houses Friday. I put 1x2 bats on back and end of kennel. Will not put them on front because young hounds love to chew on wood and a bat stuck out there gives them an edge to get ahold of and go to town with those teeth. Man coming next week to hang gutter on back and trench the 100' for drain. I did good with the pick for the 4' seen in picture but I'm not doing a 100'. To many tree roots. Hope to pour concrete this Friday.

Old Post 09-14-2014 05:58 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

LOU

Dave she is a fine looking hound and I saw Maggie and Ruger and they are fine as well. That is a huge tree Lou is on in that picture. Maggie is built like a tank, love that wide chest on her.

Old Post 09-14-2014 06:02 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Kennels

Real Nice. Great Job. Looks like you have room for a Griz/Lou pup now. LOL! Dave P.S. Maggie Mae is built like a tank and almost always treed split with the coon.

Last edited by david woofter on 09-14-2014 at 06:08 PM

Old Post 09-14-2014 06:02 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myers
UKC Forum Member

You have done some thinking on the kennel. I like it a lot. It sure looks like uptown to my dog on a chain. Good job.

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 09-14-2014 07:45 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL

Thanks guys for the compliments on the new kennel. Be glad when I'm done and their moved into it.
Went tonight to BO's Bottom and it might be the last night in there until after deer season. They have disk up their food plots and will be planting soon. I hate it as it is a great place with lots of trails so you can get around good but it is what it is. Some folks just cant be convinced that just because you coon hunt in there at night don't mean the deer left for the week. I started hunting in there July 1st and put down 8 coon to the young hounds in there as they wanted me to kill all I treed. Eating up there corn for the deer. Come FEB. there will be plenty more moved back in for hounds to run. Anyway tonight MR. B. H. came over and brought Max and I took BO and BELL. First drop BO just came treed at 230yds and Max and Bell backed him. Big water oak and I could see one side good but didn't get him to look. Cut them again and Max got treed with BO and Bell right behind him. They were in a swamp thicket up a big tupelo gum that I couldn't find a spot to get the light up the tree. Hooked them up and rode back to beaver lake and had just cut them and lighting and thunder moved in so we called them out and came on in. Went Sunday night with Speck and BO but didn't get a strike or tree out of BO. Coon don't seem to be moving early. Need some cool weather to make some Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-16-2014 04:28 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and BELL off tonight

They get the night off because my son, Shane and his wife Jessica are about to have their first born. We have been at hospital since 2pm but baby hasn't arrived yet. I told MR. B. H. I would be home by dark and we would make a round and he just laughed. He knew better, these things can take time. They didn't want to know the sex of baby but I know it will be LITTLE BOY BLUE! We shall see!

Old Post 09-17-2014 02:42 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations Steve

I know your probably hoping for a little boy, as most of us men do, but you will be a winner either way. Take care Steve and I wish the best for the family.

Old Post 09-17-2014 04:55 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

LITTLE BOY BLUE!

HE arrived this morning at 5:37. A long night for my son and his wife Jessica who was in labor about 25 hours. We had the easy part, just staying awake waiting. All are good and healthy. They are naming him LEVI, after my Paw Paw on my Daddy's side. He weighed 9lbs and 8 ounces. Didn't realize until my wife told me but today is also Nascar Driver Jimmie Johnson's birthday. That's Mason and Paw Paw's favorite driver. And Masons birthday is tomorrow. All adds up to pretty darn special to me. Thanks MR. Jack for the kind words and thinking of us as we went through this joyous occasion. We had asked Mason before Levi was born if he hoped it was a boy or a girl. He said he didn't like mean ole girls, he wanted a boy so they could coon hunt together. That's my little buddy, smart as they come! Take Care and Good Hunting and Good Luck to the Blue Hounds that made it to the world. If a Blue Hound can't win it then I hope MR. Clean does it again. He's 9 years old and that says a lot about the drive and determination of the old boy. In Wicks book there is a saying that the difference between ordinary people and great people is a great amount of determination. The same is true when it comes to coonhounds, regardless of breed. I can appreciate that in any hound.

Old Post 09-17-2014 08:41 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

congrats steve on your new hunting buddy

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 09-17-2014 09:07 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rufusblue
UKC Forum Member

Hunting Buddy

Congratulations Steve !!!

CoonHound Logistics
Wendell McCool

Old Post 09-17-2014 09:18 PM
rufusblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rufusblue Click here to Send rufusblue a Private Message Find more posts by rufusblue Add rufusblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Congrats Steve, hope to see you in couple weeks. You cant beat those Grand children!!! Ed

Old Post 09-17-2014 10:20 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations

Congratulations to you and the entire family. Dave

Old Post 09-18-2014 12:21 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

that's pretty special!!! congrats I have several grandchildren and there is NOTHING in the world so awesome as the grandkids!!!

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 09-18-2014 01:21 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Thanks for the Congrats on my Grandson Levi guys. Does a heart good when these grandkids are born. Him and his Mom are both doing fine and should get to go home today from hospital.
Took BO last night by himself to Black Branch Swamp. He hunted out for about 30 minutes before he struck and it was a tough track for him but after 10 minutes he got it out of the water he was around and lined it out opening about every 50yds. He moved it through a patch of nice woods into a section that had been cut about 5yrs ago. He located about 20 minutes later after working that track about 700yds and settled down to treeing. He was on a big turkey pine that the loggers had left and it was pretty thick getting to him. I could only see the very top of tree from one side and didn't get him to look. The wind had picked up and thunder and lighting were getting close so we came on in. Concrete is coming at 8am this morning for new kennel and will be glad to get that poured out. Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-19-2014 11:57 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

I poured out the concrete yesterday for the new kennel. MR. B. H. knew a gentleman who he said had done concrete finisher work all his life so I called him up and we made a deal. He was worth every penny. Someone that knows what they are doing can make the job at hand seem effortless and that was the case yesterday. I helped him screed it off and he did the rest. Will build wood deck today 30" above concrete. My gutter man came also and hung gutter but didn't bring trencher to trench for 4" drain. He said he would get it another day and I told him no he wouldn't. I grabbed my pick and shovel and went to work. It took a couple hours but I got it in.
Took BO and BELL last night and B. H. came over with MAX. We made 5 trees and I looked at 2 and B. H. got to see one they treed near the 4-wheeler trail. Other 3 trees one was den, Bell had a slick tree and one I couldn't find but all 3 hounds were convinced he was there. Bell got the tree on the young coon Mr. B H got to see and BO got the tree on the other. We left them to run another day. The swamp has as much water in it as it did in March. I have Never seen a late summer, fall this wet. Walked in shallow water to every tree. It was a touch cooler last night so made for some Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-20-2014 11:06 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations!!

Congratulations on the new Grand Baby!

The Kennel sure is looking nice, Bet you can't wait to get it done. Hope to see you at the Fall Roundup.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 09-20-2014 01:12 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

NEW KENNEL

Thanks Scott, I plan on coming to the Roundup and will hunt you up.
Mason and I got the lower deck on new kennel today and him and Freckles played on it when we got done. That little Cocker Spaniel bounced right up there. Once pups get 5 months old they will have no problem hopping up to get their feed on the upper deck. They will learn to load by jumping up and down on these decks.

Old Post 09-21-2014 12:37 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

DEER

Went out this evening to put the pups up and a big Doe was on the hill behind New kennel. She watched me put the pups up and walk back in house to get phone and walk back out there to take her picture. Its getting time for some fresh back strap and stuffed smoke sausage.

Old Post 09-21-2014 01:24 AM