UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

When you get a chance give me a call #601-736-5116 Thanks Jack

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-22-2014 06:43 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

MR. Jack I will call you in the morning. My cell signal comes and goes in this river bottom so while at work with a good signal I will give you a shout.
Justin from Monticello came for a hunt last night and brought Ruby. We went to Black Branch Swamp in the Kubota and I just took BO. Cut them loose right at dark and Ruby struck about 150yds in and Bo put in with her. They opened here and there then Ruby settled on a tree so we headed her way. After we got to her Bo treed about 150' away. They were both treed on tupelo gum trees and we looked them over but couldn't get him to look if he was in either tree. Went on down the Swamp in the Kubota and cut them again and Ruby struck at about 170yds and started moving a track away from us. Bo opened twice but left it and came back by us going down the branch. Ruby made a turn and was trailing back our way and went by headed the way Bo went. He went to opening then hit the tree. A few seconds later Ruby treed with him so we headed their way. They were really blowing the top out and I felt they had him but another big leafy tree that went into a couple more big ones and we couldn't find him. I hated to quit after just two drops but had to get up at 3am this morning and go to Morgan City so we headed in. They struck twice out of back of Kubota on way to the house and it was hard not to cut them again for that famous " One more Time". Having to work sure does mess up some Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-22-2014 11:41 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO and TRAMP

This is video of last night on 3rd tree BO and TRAMP made. I was shining the tree and they were sounding good. I took 2 videos and I cant get the one at the tree to upload yet so will try later. TRAMP is owned by MR. Jack Smith who came for a hunt last night. I will sum up the hunt then tell the story. Cut them loose 4 times, made 3 trees, looked at one coon, fired one shot and killed 2 coons. Now that I probably have your attention I will tell the story. I promise I won't leave you in suspense as bad as the last update of the world hunt did Saturday night.
We went to BO's Bottom and pulled down a dozer lane that the deer hunters had pushed a couple weeks ago and cut them loose. After we cut them I noticed a pile of corn on the ground near edge of woods but they didn't strike on it so no hot track to get us off to a good start. They went in about 150yds and opened a couple times then came treed about 100yds from us up a big turkey pine. Bo came off tree as we got there and was treeing more by winding than up on the tree itself. We looked it over good from one side but didn't find him. 2nd drop no strike. 3rd drop down a ole cypress slough and they struck at 100yds or so and moved out pretty good. Worked it in the water some then moved it across a small grassy field and treed in patch of woods on the other side. They hit the tree within a few seconds of each other and made it sound good. We were able to ride 4-wheelers to within 40yds of them. They were on a leaner, big beech that went into some other trees. MR. Jack found him and I got in position to knock him out while MR. Jack went to the hounds to cut one loose when he hit the ground. I turned my lazer on and my light on the rifle, put it on him and fired off ONE shot. I heard bump.... bump. BO came charging out of the dark and grabbed the coon that was dead but there was another one laying within a few feet dead to. MR. Jack and I had only seen one set of eyes and I sure didn't intend to knock out 2 but it happened. He cut Tramp a loose and he came and got the other coon. What's funny is after they mouthed them a little and I started leading BO out he looked back and saw TRAMP carrying a coon and Man was he hard to hold. Bawling and pulling wanting back to what he thought was his coon! WE went back to the beaver lake and cut them down the west side pointed north and after a bit they just came treed. We let them tree a couple minutes and headed their way and they hushed for a minute then got back on it treeing pretty good. Went in and made video and looked for coon but didn't find him. Big leafy tree with a big broke off dead snag on left side. Couldn't tell if it was hollow or not. We called it a night so I could get a little rest before I hit the road to work this morning.
Good hunt with good company and a couple of good hounds. Will 4-ever remember this hunt for that reason and the 2 coons with one shot. MR. Jack probably thinks I'm the greatest shot ever but truth is most times it sounds like somebody lit a small pack of firecrackers! POW POW POW POW! LOL! GOOD HUNTING!

Last edited by steve bankston on 09-25-2014 at 01:56 AM

Old Post 09-24-2014 02:24 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MR. JACK, TRAMP and BO

This is the other video from last night. I enjoyed the hunt MR. Jack and TRAMP is a real nice young hound. Looking forward to next time we get together. Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-24-2014 03:38 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Bo & Tramp

Steve, I sure enjoyed my trip over to your place Tuesday night. It was nice sitting out in your back yard on the banks of the Bogue Chitto River with a good cup of coffee talking coonhounds and hunts with you and your wife. The hunt was great too, Bo sure looked good and I'll have to say you are the best shooter I've ever seen. Two coons with one shot with a 22 rifle, I been around a long time. I never seen that done before. Really enjoyed it Steve. I look forward to next time.

Old Post 09-25-2014 04:29 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Took BO by himself last night to BO's Bottom and cut him twice but didn't get a strike. He hunted out good and made a loop but didn't come across a track. 3rd drop he went into a swampy bottom and opened a few times and came treed on a big hollow beech. No coon found and we were on the way back to 4-wheeler walking through some boggy swamp and walked up on this small mound that was a couple feet higher than the bog around it and had some rotten logs laying on it. I stepped up on one as I was walking and it broke and I went down hard. As I was trying to get my feet back under me there was a BIG Cottonmouth Moccasin pinned by the broke piece of log my leg was laying on and he was NOT Happy! I liked to hurt myself getting up from there! BO didn't have a clue how close we were from being snake bit and was slap lapping me in the face with his tongue when I hit the ground and he got the chance to show me what big buddies we are. When I got a few feet away from that MOC after getting to my feet I jacked a bullet in and put it in him. Its funny now thinking about BO and all the love he was trying to show me while my butt was in a bind trying to get off that MOC, but last night I wasn't laughing. All I could think about was me or BO getting snake bit and messing up my trip to Flora for the Roundup. We came on home and called it a night.
Leaving Sunday headed to Illinois with BO. I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time as it has been many years since I last made that trek and hunted with Mr. Ed and the fine hounds he always hunts. Last time I was up his way we had a great hunt and treed a few and saw many others sitting up or crossing the road. Thought I had died and went to coon Heaven as we just don't get to see coon down here like that. MR. Frank and I had went up to get Bonnie that I was going to buy from him and Mr. ED had been hunting her. On one drop I saw the true meaning of PRESSURE TREE DOG as Bonnie and MR. ED's hound, TACK had split treed and both had coons in trees with no leaves and big ole full moon had those coon lit up with no place to hide. We walked by Tack treed first and MR. Ed just kept walking on to Bonnies tree, didn't put leash on Tack, just let him keep treeing. We went to Bonnies tree which was a couple hundred feet away and shot that coon down to her which she fought for a bit and finished off which impressed me since I was buying her but the biggest impression of all that was made on me that night was of TACK NEVER missing a beat on his tree while all that was going on. Never even looked our way. That's the kind of tree hound Tack was and the kind we all dream of having. Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-27-2014 01:05 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Snakes

You know Steve I hunted all summer and never saw a snake until about two weeks ago, but I've seenseveral lately. I've killed two Rattle Snakes and seen two real big moccasins and like to have stepped on one of them. They are sure moving right now. I'm kind of like you, I'm scared I'm going to get ole Tramp Snake bit, because it would be bad for him and it would knock us out of our trip to the Fall Round up. I guess your out there today shinning ole Bo up for your trip up north. Tell Mr. Ed I said hello and if nothing happens I will see you'all at Flora. Be careful on the road.

Old Post 09-27-2014 04:12 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

We stopped today just south of ST. Louis MO. and will finish driving to MR. ED's in the morning. Bo brushing his teeth and getting ready for bed!

Old Post 09-29-2014 12:52 AM
Kenny357
UKC Forum Member

Re: BO

quote:
Originally posted by steve bankston

We stopped today just south of ST. Louis MO. and will finish driving to MR. ED's in the morning. Bo brushing his teeth and getting ready for bed!

Steve you and Bo have fun up north this week, I sure like the looks of Bo. Do you plan on hunting him at the Fall Round Up?

Old Post 09-29-2014 03:24 AM
Kenny357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny357 Click here to Send Kenny357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny357 Find more posts by Kenny357 Add Kenny357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Thanks Kenny, yes we plan on hunting all 3 nights and we are going to pleasure hunt with ED on Monday and Tuesday night and Steeb on Wednesday night. He has come a long way since we picked him up as a 7 week old pup from you and Phil a year and a month ago. Win or Lose we came to have fun, meet some folks and tree some coon. Hope to see yaw at the Roundup, Take Care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-29-2014 09:02 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

that's pretty awesome!!! I didn't know you were going up there you will love it !!! great people and great hunting!!!!Looking forward to meeting you and hunting with you and bo .

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 09-29-2014 12:56 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO in ILLINOIS

BO and I woke up at 2;30am yesterday morning and convinced Beverly, my wife, that we needed to get back in the road and get through ST. Louis MO. before rush hour morning traffic. We got a mean look from her, comparable to those ole mean coons but she was out voted and we hit the road. Got to MR. ED Mauney's and MRS. Mary's a little after 8am. Had a very nice day and after lunch they took us to the cabin in the woods where we are staying and we got unpacked and settled in. Beautiful place far from any road that has traffic with a big pond in front and beautiful hardwood hills and hollers behind it. We went to their Granddaughters basketball game last night and they won it then we came to the cabin after 10pm and cut BO for his first hunt up here. HE hunted out to 200yds and made a loop but came back without a strike. I wasn't pleased with the short loop he made but was going to give him time to settle in with the new area before I let him know that 200yds just isn't going to cut it. We road a few miles down the road and cut him down the side of a standing corn field. Woods on left corn on right. He got in almost 300yds pretty quick and struck a good track and went a little piece and hit up on the tree. He didn't locate with authority like he usually does but was treeing non the less and I started to him. Got half way and he hushed, I waited a few minutes but he didn't climb back on it so I walked back out to truck. We listened for a while and I watched him on the Garmin and he got out to over 500yds at one point then came back to 441yds, struck again a few times and came treed. we listened a few minutes then drove around and down a lane through the corn to within 80yds of him. He was still treed but he wasn't real proud of it. I went in to him and found the coon quick. Big looking coon to this redneck. Once I got to him Bo lit the tree up pretty good. Sure was nice to walk through open woods and even though it was a good size tree with leaves the coon was easy to find. Heaven compared to our swamps and thickets of briars and privet hedge down home. It was 1am by then so we headed in as BO and I had been up nearly 24 hours.
To sum his first hunt up, I'm proud he went hunting by himself and first and only tree we made he had the coon. We didn't see the first deer or coon crossing the road, out in the fields or setting up. Game didn't seem to be moving. Mr. ED said the last month has been dry which made for less scent than those swamp coon so probably explains why he didn't hit the tree and light it up like he does at home. BO passed his first out of state hunt test with me but if he's going to win at FLORA he better put it together, QUICKER, FASTER and STRONGER! Still had a great time and looking forward to tonight and the rest of the week. GOOD HUNTING!

Old Post 09-30-2014 01:59 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

THE CABIN

The Cabin belonging to MR. ED and his family that we are staying in. He is going to have a hard time running BO and me out of these woods!.

Old Post 09-30-2014 02:22 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

THE CABIN

The view from the sunroom of the cabin. This view with a cup of coffee and temps in low 50's this morning. Makes a man lazy!

Old Post 09-30-2014 02:27 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

I thought BO would be tired today and sleep some but he is wound up this morning and letting me know he is ready to ROLL! Cooler weather and a new place has him raring to go. Have to wait until dark.

Old Post 09-30-2014 04:00 PM
Mike Lovekamp
UKC Forum Member

The cabin

Its a beautiful place out there isn't it? I built the screened in porch also put the new handrails and spindles on the back deck.
Wish I could've made it over for a hunt while you were here. I'll see you in Flora though. Mike

Nt.Ch."PR" Bawl Creek Blue Fluzzy and
GR.Nt Ch. GR.CH. Bawl Creek Blue Hugger II

Old Post 10-01-2014 12:01 AM
Mike Lovekamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Lovekamp Click here to Send Mike Lovekamp a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Lovekamp Find more posts by Mike Lovekamp Add Mike Lovekamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

You done some great work on that porch Mike. It is a fine place they have here. We will see you at Flora.
We took Bo for a ride this morning looking at the farms in the area and took this picture. They really running those combines up here now getting that corn in. Had a good hunt tonight but tired and headed to bed, will tell about it tomorrow when I get some time.

Old Post 10-01-2014 05:52 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MR. ED's BOBBIE

MR. ED's BOBBIE hound treed on dead oak last night on first drop. He must have her trained to put them up BEFORE the coon gets on posted property! Great hunt with great people. We made 3 trees and looked at 2 coons. Beautiful creek bottoms around standing corn fields and we got into high rock bluffs that were almost to steep to climb but we did and the view from up top even in the dark was spectacular. Thank you so much MR. ED for having us up here at the cabin and taking the time to show us around and carry me and BO hunting. Also thanks to MRS. MARY for the fine cooking. Memories were made that I will never forget as were done 25 years ago on my last trip up here. Thanks again and Good Hunting!

Old Post 10-01-2014 01:38 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

If I could get BO to quit sticking his tongue out at me this would be a nice picture! We made it to Flora and looking forward to hunting with Steeber tonight. Bo has cut on bottom of back pad from last night in the stone cliffs we got into after a hard running coon. I'm going to have to keep an eye on cut and make sure it don't get worse.

Old Post 10-01-2014 11:32 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

thanks for huntimg with us steve
!!! believe me this is what makes life worth living and I hope to enjoy many more hunts and would love to get in the south this winter!!!

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 10-02-2014 04:48 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Real nice pics Steve good luck at the Round Up.

Old Post 10-02-2014 05:47 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

Thanks Bill. The first night was stormy and my cast waited around hoping it would quit. After waiting until 10pm and it still storming and radar showing lots more to come I withdrew BO. Congrats to any that went out and tried or maybe even got a break in the weather late to get their hunt in. I felt it was best to keep BO safe. Will try again tonight.

Old Post 10-03-2014 01:10 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

steve hate to hear you withdrew,it let up here and there or hit and miss wettest I got in awhile!!! good luck tonight and above all have a great time

2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Ole Blue Betty

Old Post 10-03-2014 04:09 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO

BO'S TIP OF THE DAY: BEWARE THE SHARP PENCIL!

Old Post 10-04-2014 02:10 PM
Kenny357
UKC Forum Member

Re: BO

quote:
Originally posted by steve bankston
BO'S TIP OF THE DAY: BEWARE THE SHARP PENCIL!

Steve that's a shame to hear, I never understood why some result to this for a win. I've always let my hound do the winning or losing, and when I do win I know I deserved it. Good luck tonight.

Old Post 10-04-2014 08:53 PM
Kenny357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny357 Click here to Send Kenny357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny357 Find more posts by Kenny357 Add Kenny357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote