PlottChaser
UKC Forum Member
quote: Originally posted by Paints-n-cows
There are only two things guaranteed about concrete...it will get hard and it will crack.
Yep, I tell people this all the time. Anyone who says they can keep concrete from cracking is full of it! We just cut control joints in it and hope it cracks in them. But its only for appearance sake. In my kennel pad which is only 14'x10' I didn't cut control joints. I figured I'd rather have a hairline crack in it that caught nothing than an 1/8" cut in it that filled up with dog crap cause I was more worried about the functionality than the appearance of it. It has not cracked at all but it's also about 6-1/2" thick. 4" is enough I just tend to overkill stuff.
And, as someone said before, a good solid packed subgrade is as important as anything to keep cracking to a minimum. If the ground underneath of it settles, the concrete will crack and try to seperate. If not, it won't.
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
|